Nexus Mod Manager good now?

Just a suggestion here.  Argue with a persons opinion, and not the person. Anyone who can do this preserves the integrity of their argument and the feelings of a fellow human being.  Not to mention the integrity of your honor.  We can differ in opinions, but let us all remain friends.  Thank you.

2 Reasons why mod organizer will always be better in my book.

1) User profiles : The ability to have different mod load outs for different play styles, with separate saves for each profile is a god send.

2) Virtual Data structure : The fact that I can run vanilla skyrim anytime I want without having to reinstall or affect my modded setup is great.

I'm sure there are other advantages that people have listed exhaustively elsewhere but for me the above two alone make MO manddatory while playing skyrim/FONV.

I'm sure NMM is a competent mod manager but if I had to use any other mod manager instead of MO, I'd rather go with wrye bash instead of NMM as there's nothing NMM does that wrye bash can not.

Lastly, NMM caused me system instability. I'll be damned if I install it on my laptop again.

Hey look at this, another MO vs NMM shitfest.

Shocking.

Why can't people ever just talk about things in a factual manner without delving into personal attacks on people for not agreeing with their ignorant opinions.

A lot of people go into individual problems which they've had with one or the other as a be-all end-all argument that it's the devilspawn. Ignoring the fact that they are, in fact, individual issues that 99% of people will never get. Usually because those more major problems are caused by the people themselves rather than the software they oh so love to pin the blame on. Humility is dead, at least when it comes to this debate.

I'll just say what i said about this to the last person who dredged this dead horse up.

NMM is fine, it's a good proper mod manager that handles installs and uninstalls fine. 

MO is also fine. however it comes with a set of tools, that if you don't know what you're doing or don't WANT to use them can be a hindrance and are arguably not as good as the specific tools made for those uses. Such as LOOT. Wrye Bash, TES5edit etc.

They both use virtual folders and they both use profiling. There's no real difference, other than my opinion that MO's method causes slower file loading. But again, that's my opinion.

NMM is not shit. It's only shit if you make it shit. Which would double for MO. So if you're calling NMM shit for that random one-off issue you had then for the same reasons you would be calling MO shit. Which is a pretty nasty double standard you don't seem to be aware of.

So just stick with what you're used to, it's not worth the time it takes to re-import all your mods and effort of setting it all back up to switch to one or the other.

• 2 months later...

The fact that some people or even the majority of people think that MO is superior does not of itself mean that MO is, in fact, superior.

Fact and opinion are two separate things. MO is superior, that is a fact. Majority opinion just so happens to agree with fact, in this case.

Bringing up your IT history does you even fewer favors as all it does is reflect on how poorly your job scope has equipped you on dealing with efficacy in a modular system that requires multiple tweaks. If you ran your old job the same way you run your copy of Skyrim I feel sorry for your company.

Also, nobody cares about your signature. Constantly bringing up something trivial like that when you refuse to look at facts just reflects on how arbitrarily stubborn you are. Lmao. You're either a really persistent troll or a really dumb individual.

that handles installs and uninstalls fine. 

It does not uninstall fine, it has never uninstalled fine, and it is the largest issue with it aside from having to directly specify explicit load order schemes.

It has a known and well documented tendency to leave all kinds of things in the data folder, which has never been 100% rectified since development on it started.

Archived