Nexus Mod Manager good now?

If you don't like the gospel, then why show up to church, fuck I don't.

The title of the thread isn't about how much better NMM is.

The title of the thread isn't asking for blind NMM users to show up and defend the faith that is Nexus.

The title of the thread is can NMM compete, its not about feelings or your fucking preferences.

Or the fact that you never tried MO cause whine too hard.

Over half the posts in here are way off topic.

Topic is can NMM compete, no it cant done with topic that simple.

And no I do not defend the Nexus I go for what works for me and my experience its understand how to mod not what you use its really is that simple.

The title of the thread isn't asking for blind NMM users to show up and defend the faith that is Nexus.

The title of the thread is can NMM compete, its not about feelings or your fucking preferences.

This post is the exact behavior I was talking about.

The title of the thread is "Is NMM good now?"  Do you see MO in that fucking title?  It's asking about NMM being better than it used to be, because for some fucking reason, NMM still has a stigma of "this will instantly destroy your game".

Did I say this thread is about NMM being better than MO?  No, I didn't.  Nobody has said that.  It was said that NMM is not shit, and the people who said it got dogpiled and treated like dumbasses for daring to not suck off our lord and savior, MO.

The only blind posting was from people who are blind to seeing that someone could have no need of MO's features, and that NMM doesn't cause cancer.

My "fucking preferences"? You don't know a goddamn thing about my modding preferences, and everything in this fucking thread is about personal preferences.  Not everyone needs or wants profiling, virtual files (both of which NMM does, anyway), etc etc.

Point to anybody in this thread who was whining about anything.  Calling out this constant fanatacism is not whining.  Never mind the fact that there are people who have tried MO and decided that it wasn't for them.  Is testing something and not liking it fucking whining?

And yes, it clearly can compete, since it's used by shitloads of people with no issue.

Take a step back and stop treating MO like your damn religion.

You jump in stir a pot, Original post didn't want your NMM opinion.

What do you guys really expect, I bet you get off on this crap.

Like you miss the Body Bashing of UNP vs CBBE or something.

OP never asked for your preference on manager, or peoples opinion on manager.

We are dealing in FACTS.

Fact your wrong get over it.

Im not even going to bother reading your posts anymore waste of my time.

The title of the thread is "Is NMM good now?"  Do you see MO in that fucking title?  It's asking about NMM being better than it used to be, because for some fucking reason, NMM still has a stigma of "this will instantly destroy your game".

Did I say this thread is about NMM being better than MO?  No, I didn't.  Nobody has said that.  It was said that NMM is not shit, and the people who said it got dogpiled and treated like dumbasses for daring to not suck off our lord and savior, MO.

The only blind posting was from people who are blind to seeing that someone could have no need of MO's features, and that NMM doesn't cause cancer.

My "fucking preferences"? You don't know a goddamn thing about my modding preferences, and everything in this fucking thread is about personal preferences.  Not everyone needs or wants profiling, virtual files (both of which NMM does, anyway), etc etc.

Point to anybody in this thread who was whining about anything.  Calling out this constant fanatacism is not whining.  Never mind the fact that there are people who have tried MO and decided that it wasn't for them.  Is testing something and not liking it fucking whining?

And yes, it clearly can compete, since it's used by shitloads of people with no issue.

We are dealing in FACTS.

So a thread entitled 'Nexus Mod Manager good now?' doesn't want an opinion on NMM?

Your second line is another non sequitur and also an ad hominem attack.

UNP vs CBBE is off-topic  - didn't you just accuse others of being off-topic?

Okay, so we are dealing with facts.

Fact: Your standard of English is terrible.

Fact: You cannot use proper sentence structure, grammar or spelling.

Fact: You have no idea how to construct a logical argument.

Funny thing is that the guy who made the original 'piece of shit' comment was big enough to re-word his objections into something less hyperbolic.

Not sure what you are saying in the first 'sentence'.

If even after more than half a decade of Skyrim you still don't understand why MO is superior, you probably never will. The fact that you don't understand basic load order is testament to that. Just use NMM and ignore the people who tell you to use MO. 

With NMM you'll always have a harder time troubleshooting crashes than someone who uses MO, but that's the path you picked for yourself. Just accept it and carry on.

I have only been playing Skyrim for maybe 15 or 16 months.

I  understand most of the reasons why some people think MO is superior. The fact that some people or even the majority of people think that MO is superior does not of itself mean that MO is, in fact, superior.

How is it a 'fact' that I don't understand basic load order? I don't claim to know everything about the subject but I have been gaming since the days of the Atari ST and playing modded games since about Windows 98. I am a retired IT tech with several qualies in IT so I have some knowledge of how computers deal with files and folders regardless of whether they belong to games or not.

As I have already stated, NMM does what I require of it and to an acceptable standard. If either of those change then I will review my options.

Also as I have already stated, I seldom get CTDs. When I do they are generally at area transitions. I troubleshoot my problems and it generally doesn't take very long.

It is the path I chose - a path based on my knowledge and experience. It is not one based on the opinions of the 'cool dudes' - read my sig.

We are dealing in FACTS.

Yes, I'm the one who stirred a pot, not the people who immediately called NMM shit, or who got stupidly aggressive over Grey Cloud's opinion that NMM is not shit. :rolleyes:

What we expect is to not have dumbass comments like this, and to have an actual discussion.  Instead it's "No, you're dumb and wrong for not liking X".  The body mod threads were fine, until they also devolved into people on both sides just shouting each other down for daring to like different tit shapes.

The OP asks only about NMM's improvements. It's right there in the post you quoted. He did not ask "Is NMM better than MO now?" The OP was asking if NMM has improved, since he last tried it before Tannin got hired.  And how would answering this question not involve bringing in personal preferences on anything that changed?

What FACTS are we dealing with here?  What FACTS am I wrong over, especially since I never said either mod manager is better or worse than the other, and was simply calling out terrible behavior?

holy moly ... I didn't think asking for someones opinion would start a damn outrage ... ^^'

I am running with MO now as I did before

and guys, thx for the effort but there rly is no point  in getting so passionate about something trivial as this matter.

anyway thx for the opinions

holy moly ... I didn't think asking for someones opinion would start a damn outrage ... ^^'

and guys, thx for the effort but there rly is no point  in getting so passionate about something trivial as this matter.

anyway thx for the opinions

:D

<snip>

I've seen sheeple get even more upset about things that wouldn't impact them in any way on other sites and even IRL. Asking the herd for opinions about anything is a surefire way to start an argument, maybe a fight, quite often riots, definitely a few wars in history...

Sticking with MO is probably the best idea. NMM is good for light modding or games that don't have their own specialized mod managers. But it lacks a lot of features for heavy mod orders, like the aforementioned conflict detection as well as the ability to reorder mod--not plugin, mod--order on the fly. It doesn't matter what order a plugin is in if two mods conflict; the mod loaded later will take precedence.

I am using NMM without problems.
It was not always like that, few versions back it had some issues like occasional hiccups when installing large mods with many files, resulting in the installation getting stuck, requiring you to kill the process which sometimes resulted in corrupted install logs.
But i guess this problem has been fixed at some point, because it doesn't hapen anymore (i reinstalled all Fallout and Skyrim mods several times already, and never had any problem).

My only grief with NMM is its simplicity, and the way how it handles profiles, rendering them completely unusable for my purposes.
Its probably perfectly fine for someone who maintains one instance of Skyrim (and/or other games),
but if you are anything like me - having separate installation for making mods (sometimes per mod), another one or two for testing stuff,
and at least one for regular playing, using hardlinks and junctions - you will find NMM severly lacking.

Cannot speak about MO, because i stopped using it long time ago, but (correct me if i am wrong) it wouldn't be any better when it comes to having separate game installations using hardlinks to tap into a repository of vanilla game files.

To a generic gamer, i would recommend NMM over MO, for its simplicity and ease of use.

Cannot speak about MO, because i stopped using it long time ago, but (correct me if i am wrong) it wouldn't be any better when it comes to having separate game installations using hardlinks to tap into a repository of vanilla game files.

Cut down the post for brevity - No, MO can't do this specifically.  But with MO and one of several ENB managers, there is no good reason to do this.  Instead of separate game installations, you can use the same installation and use the "Local Savegames" feature, along with the ENB Manager to switch files quickly.   MO already uses individual INI files for each profile, so with a good ENB manager you can switch files into and out of the home folder.

If you're using Enderal or a similar total conversion, the process is a little more complicated but not much.  (These directions assume a clean copy of Skyrim.)  

1)  Under the MO mods directory, create a mod named "Skyrim Core Files" (or whatever you want)

2)  Copy  (do not move) the vanilla files (If a clean copy, everything in the data folder) to the new folder.  

3)  Then, outside Mod Organizer, run your total conversion patcher

4)  Make a new directory in the same place as the last one called "Enderal Core Files"

5)  Copy the Skyrim data folder to the directory you just created

6)  Close all instances of Mod Organizer running.

7)  Backup everything currently in the data folder and delete it.

8)  Run MO again.  Create a new profile and make sure nothing's activated, then, one at a time, activate the "core files" mods you just created to make sure they work.

And presto.  Skyrim's base game, and any conversions, are now treated as mods in MO and can be linked and unlinked at will.  The only caveat is that you do need to make sure one of the "Core Files" mods is activated at all times, or Skyrim will behave very oddly.

lmao lets cut all the bullshit and crap mis-info, NNM is shit and is still shit cause they got the creator of MO to re-write their old pile of shit, now why would they do that if there isnt a problem with nnm???

my 2 cents

p/s: I hope the newer virtuatisation is better than virtual file system tho, fingers crossed

lmao lets cut all the bullshit and crap mis-info, NNM is shit and is still shit cause they got the creator of MO to re-write their old pile of shit, now why would they do that if there isnt a problem with nnm???

my 2 cents

p/s: I hope the newer virtuatisation is better than virtual file system tho, fingers crossed

Thank you for the deep and insightful contribution to the thread. Worth every one of the two cents.

Yet another MO defender to whom grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and logic are strangers.

my 2 cents

Thank you for the deep and insightful contribution to the thread. Worth every one of the two cents.

Yet another MO defender to whom grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and logic are strangers.

hehe my bad..

I don't use MO I do use NMM but it's a older build back before they started shoving more and more crap into it. I will not use anything newer for NMM then what I am using now. Never had a problem with NMM as long as you watch what you are doing and what you are installing you will rarely have a problem but start installing stuff willy nilly and that's when the foot shooting begins. 

I don't use MO I do use NMM but it's a older build back before they started shoving more and more crap into it. I will not use anything newer for NMM then what I am using now. Never had a problem with NMM as long as you watch what you are doing and what you are installing you will rarely have a problem but start installing stuff willy nilly and that's when the foot shooting begins.

Don't feed the trolls,

OP wanted to know something, he got what he wanted.

No need to feed into their grammer Nazi bullcrap, its a fucking forum and they insist on proper structure and use of grammer like we're all in fucking composition class.  Next they will insist on proper citation and only from proper sources backed by Universities and other respectable institutions.

Why? cause they just want to hate that's why, they need their win or wtf ever.

Forums not a place for proper anything to begin with.

OP's got what he wanted.

NMM users are still in denial and most likely don't even understand that Robin hired Tannin for a reason....Probably news to most NMM users that the MO guy now heads the project for NMM anyway.

But hey I am curious about how they will defend NMM now that the guy that "failed MO" is project lead on Nexus Mod Manager, obviously following their logic NMM is going to be a bigger pile of crap in good time.

Don't feed the trolls,

No need to feed into their grammer Nazi bullcrap, its a fucking forum and they insist on proper structure and use of grammer like we're all in fucking composition class.  Next they will insist on proper citation and only from proper sources backed by Universities and other respectable institutions.

I believe the inference is that people that are unable to use english "correctly" have a worthless opinion as they lack intelligence, at least that is how it is usually used on the internet although i do wonder about the comprehension skills of people that are unable to understand a sentence due to a missing , as i was taught this is a two way street :)

It does kind of ignore that we all have different skill sets and someones ability to use a language really isn't an indicator of there abilities in other area's. When i was at college the best programmers could hardly speak in sentences let alone punctate one

OP's got what he wanted.

NMM users are still in denial and most likely don't even understand that Robin hired Tannin for a reason....Probably news to most NMM users that the MO guy now heads the project for NMM anyway.

But hey I am curious about how they will defend NMM now that the guy that "failed MO" is project lead on Nexus Mod Manager, obviously following their logic NMM is going to be a bigger pile of crap in good time.

I joined LL in 2013, i was using NMM then and i'm still using it, it hasn't burnt down my PC and the only time i've had to go hunting in my \data folder for files to remove manually is when i've manually installed something so while i understand a lot of people are very passionate about MO that's not really a reason for the level of hatred directed at non-MO users

MO from what people say is a better tool, they are trying to make NMM a better tool but the thing is for the majority of us we don't need a better tool, we need to use the tool we already have in a way that makes sense and not blame it for the fact that are skyrim install no longer works after removing 20 mods and then trying to load a script heavy save

Don't feed the trolls,

OP's got what he wanted.

As usual you completely miss the point.

A forum is a place where people communicate with each other. If you cannot use your native language properly then you will have trouble communicating. Also, if you are too lazy to take the time to type your ideas properly then it suggests that you are too lazy to think things through properly.

I've known programmers who could code and use English. I can't write code but I can write English. Can you write code?

Why is a forum 'not a place for proper anything'? The fact that net fora are dominated by semi-literate Americans does not mean the rest of the world has to lower its standards.

I do not hate you. Pity perhaps but not hate.

Don't feed the trolls,

OP's got what he wanted.

A forum is a place where people communicate with each other. If you cannot use your native language properly then you will have trouble communicating. Also, if you are too lazy to take the time to type your ideas properly then it suggests that you are too lazy to think things through properly.

I've known programmers who could code and use English. I can't write code but I can write English. Can you write code?

Why is a forum 'not a place for proper anything'? The fact that net fora are dominated by semi-literate Americans does not mean the rest of the world has to lower its standards.

Dude, did you check the sig?

Im a mod author and not a shabby one either.

An artist and also a major in the sciences, ya I can understand all kinds of stuff.

I can also write quite well and competently, my attitude about forums though...Not worth the effort.  Honestly I find it quite surprising that there are people that waste so much time crafting a decent post, seriously seen some that should have spent that time and energy on something more meaningful.

17060104515111360.jpg

170601045150223979.jpg

170601045158651066.jpg

170601045156872883.jpg

that's just an edit of selene kate mcm menu, without asking the autorisation of course

and?

your point is?

since most can't, they are supposed to shut up?

then shut up^^

lets get back on topic and really if we nit pick on issues and side track it's gonna end up in flaming wars and achieve nothing, 

i have used both nnm and mo extensively i.e. nnm since i started moding at least 2-3yrs and only used mo with 2 yrs and difference is night and day, i even tried the latest nnm before switching back to mo, thats after getting performance issues i.e. long installation times during installation of any mods esp textures mods with size > 1gb.

so my point being since i have used both and find mo to be superior than nnm which cant offer the functionality which i look for, ofc it's also all due to personal preference but u'll truely need to understand the workings of mo to appreciate it's power!!!

my 2 cents

Don't feed the trolls,

OP's got what he wanted.

An artist and also a major in the sciences, ya I can understand all kinds of stuff.

I can also write quite well and competently, my attitude about forums though...Not worth the effort.  Honestly I find it quite surprising that there are people that waste so much time crafting a decent post, seriously seen some that should have spent that time and energy on something more meaningful.

Yes, I've checked your sig (some months ago in fact). DD isn't my gig I'm afraid and I use different UUNP armour mods but I respect your contribution nonetheless.

It doesn't take me long to craft a decent post; I find it easier to write properly than in abbreviated slang. I also do it out of consideration to the many non-English speakers on the forum. I reason that it is easier for them to read good English than bad.

Ah well enough of this, time to return to reading 'Homer the Theologian, Neoplatonist Allegorical Reading and the Epic Tradition'.

Check my sig for the something 'more meaningful' I spend my time on.

Don't feed the trolls,

OP's got what he wanted.

Yes, I've checked your sig (some months ago in fact). DD isn't my gig I'm afraid and I use different UUNP armour mods but I respect your contribution nonetheless.

It doesn't take me long to craft a decent post; I find it easier to write properly than in abbreviated slang. I also do it out of consideration to the many non-English speakers on the forum. I reason that it is easier for them to read good English than bad.

Ah well enough of this, time to return to reading 'Homer the Theologian, Neoplatonist Allegorical Reading and the Epic Tradition'.

Speaking of skill,

You totally misread the intent of the original post and offered nothing of consequence to this thread.

Not entirely sure why you keep replying either its not like the intent of the OP wasn't clear.

Maybe you think your "opinion" means a great deal.

What was it. "oh NMM is great 'IF" you have great modding skill, which of course we all know every single individual should have if they pick up modding."

Or maybe it was something along these lines, "If your a good enough modder you don't need the extra tools MO offers."

Really though yourself and others have merely come in here to express how Mc Large Huge your modding Johnson is and shit all over everybody that basically was attempting to give the OP the information he was really after.

Speaking of which what the heck are you still doing here?

You, I and a few others that came into this thread, we're not ending this amicably.

You in particular have gone well out of your way to miss the point of the OP, and insult anyone that uses MO.

You especially had to go out of way to pick at language, really why, here in a gaming forum?

You know why, cause your way off base, you have no reason to bash on MO, the thread was simply OP "asks is NMM up to par with MO"

Answer was given a long time ago and guess what you lost.

You didn't manage to convince OP to switch back to NMM.

But you certainly manage to convince me of something.

As a mod author, Im telling you that NMM has some serious issues that actually forces me as a content creator to have to work around and that's besides the shit that NMM cant do that MO can do.  You have no idea how much it pisses me off that I cant package a zip with 50,000 files.  I cant package a ZIP with a file larger than 1.5 GIGs.  Why?  Cause NMM cant handle those sizes and that imposes size constraints that piss me off.   MO isn't bothered by that bullshit.

Whats worse is to come on a forum thread full of people that apparently know better but really don't have anything to say other than, git gud.

Huh? I thought this was a modding site but apparently its just a nesting den for trolls.

The whole point to Nexus Mod Manager that escapes a ton of people in discussions like these is that NMM is not a mod manager for Skyrim, its a Manager for every game that has mods on Nexus.  That is its a multiplatform manager, where'as MO is designed specifically for Skyrim and to meet the needs that Skyrim Modders have!

That's a huge fucking difference.

That's like trying to tell a guy at the race track that your Ford Mustang with a v6 engine you bought off a showroom floor is gud enough for performance track racing.

Don't feed the trolls,

OP's got what he wanted.

You totally misread the intent of the original post and offered nothing of consequence to this thread.

Not entirely sure why you keep replying either its not like the intent of the OP wasn't clear.

Maybe you think your "opinion" means a great deal.

What was it. "oh NMM is great 'IF" you have great modding skill, which of course we all know every single individual should have if they pick up modding."

Or maybe it was something along these lines, "If your a good enough modder you don't need the extra tools MO offers."

Really though yourself and others have merely come in here to express how Mc Large Huge your modding Johnson is and shit all over everybody that basically was attempting to give the OP the information he was really after.

Speaking of which what the heck are you still doing here?

You, I and a few others that came into this thread, we're not ending this amicably.

You in particular have gone well out of your way to miss the point of the OP, and insult anyone that uses MO.

You especially had to go out of way to pick at language, really why, here in a gaming forum?

You know why, cause your way off base, you have no reason to bash on MO, the thread was simply OP "asks is NMM up to par with MO"

Answer was given a long time ago and guess what you lost.

You didn't manage to convince OP to switch back to NMM.

But you certainly manage to convince me of something.

As a mod author, Im telling you that NMM has some serious issues that actually forces me as a content creator to have to work around and that's besides the shit that NMM cant do that MO can do.  You have no idea how much it pisses me off that I cant package a zip with 50,000 files.  I cant package a ZIP with a file larger than 1.5 GIGs.  Why?  Cause NMM cant handle those sizes and that imposes size constraints that piss me off.   MO isn't bothered by that bullshit.

Whats worse is to come on a forum thread full of people that apparently know better but really don't have anything to say other than, git gud.

Huh? I thought this was a modding site but apparently its just a nesting den for trolls.

The whole point to Nexus Mod Manager that escapes a ton of people in discussions like these is that NMM is not a mod manager for Skyrim, its a Manager for every game that has mods on Nexus.  That is its a multiplatform manager, where'as MO is designed specifically for Skyrim and to meet the needs that Skyrim Modders have!

That's a huge fucking difference.

That's like trying to tell a guy at the race track that your Ford Mustang with a v6 engine you bought off a showroom floor is gud enough for performance track racing.

All by me:

"I use NMM and don't have any trouble with it or my game." Post #6

"Never had to re-stall Skyrim because of NMM. IIRC I have only ever had to re-install Skyrim once and that was way back at the beginning of me modding it and the fault was with my lack of experience and knowledge." Post #10

"I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything except that no evidence has been presented to justify the statement that NMM is 'still shit'." Post #34

"None of that makes NMM a 'piece of crap', it just means it does some things you dislike and doesn't do some things you require."  . .

"It does some things I dislike and probably doesn't do some things I would like but that doesn't mean it's the dog's bollocks or a piece of crap." Post #37

"I use NMM because it does what I require to a standard I can live with. If either of those two criteria change then I will look at MO or this Vortex thing which has been mentioned several times." Post #38

"So a thread entitled 'Nexus Mod Manager Good Now?' doesn't want an opinion on NMM?" Post #53

"I understand most of the reasons why some people think MO is superior. The fact that some people or even the majority of people think that MO is superior does not of itself mean that MO is, in fact, superior." . .

"As I have already stated,  NMM does what I require of it and to an acceptable standard. If either of those change then I will review my options." Post #54.

Now show us where in the OP it asks for statements about your modding prowess and your bleatings about NMM's inability to handle 50,000 files and 1.5Gig archives which you have done at least twice.

Ask yourself why, if NMM is beyond redemption, the guy from the MO team is moving over there?

I see that you have managed to improve your standard of composition but sadly, your powers of reasoning appear to be maxed out.

Archived