View File

DISCLAIMER

This is a very work-in-progress WIP project and as such comes with no guarantees or warranty regarding safety or function. Please make sure to read this description before deciding to use it and do not run it on that super important save you have no backups for or expect the mod to be uninstallable without problems either immediately or down the road.

TLDR: Skyrim version of the Fallout 4 mod with the same name

NON-TLDR: The goal of this mod is simple - allow the player more options in their encounters with NPCs. If you ever been disappointing in yet another quest culminating in a simple kill-or-be-killed situation, felt unsatisfied with the fate of a NPC or maybe wished they had a more prominent one in your gameplay this is the mod for you! Some examples:

Assassin and tired of having to kill people you're not getting paid for? Avoid combat entirely by sneaking and restraining NPCs on your way to your target!
Thief and problem with patrolling guards keeping an eye on "your" valuables? Tie them up with a blindfold so you can work in peace.
Finished the quest by killing the boss but though the punishment was too harsh? Resurrect them and give them a jailcell as new "home"
Want to be a bandit chief? Beat other bandits in battle and recruit them to your gang
Dissatisfied with the limited home owner options in Skyrim? Take ownership of any location as your own!
Want to live wild and free with the forsworn? Best the camp in battle and make them recognise you as an ally with the abduction feature!
A necromancers life for you? Find a nice damp cave and obtain wandering travellers for your experiments with the bag feature!
Found growing more interested in a merchant than their wares? Marry them and bring them on your trips!
Want to reunite that workholic mother and her daughter? Have mom come and live with her with the set home feature!

And so on, the options are generally available for all NPCs and can be combined allowing for many possible scenarios.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Install the mod, the necessary perk and control spell should be automatically added to your character. Next you need to find (or "make" ahem ) a NPC eligible to put in a restrained state. There are three different categories of "candidates"

* NPCs sleeping or knocked out
* NPCs in bleedout or the optional knockdown state (see below)
* NPCs unaware of a sneaking players presence

By activating them the option to "Restrain" them will be displayed which upon selection will put them in the bound animation and the following options
* Restrain - Normal use
* CloneKill - Makes a copy and kills the original if possible. Try this if the NPC is having their behaviour controlled by quests or scripts causing problems if abducted normally
* CloneCopy - Makes a copy and keeps the original untouched. Use this to abduct vital NPCs without breaking them. May still cause problems since some data is still shared between the versions so make this decision based on the assumption the original will break.

Activating them again will offer some more options
* Abduct - strips factions, hostility etc and makes them friendly towards player
* Bag - puts the NPC in a bag so you can transport them elsewhere.
* Release - Frees the NPC which will attack you. Sheathing your weapon may stop combat. Another option is simply leaving them, the restraints will be removed once the target is unloaded.
* Strip - Unequips all items
* Inventory - Shows targets inventory
* KIll - As it says

There are also some extra options available through the Abduction spell

Bag/Summon Menu
* Unbag - Releases all NPCs in the bag at your current location
* Unbag-Abduct - Same as above but also automatically abducts everyone
* Summon All - Summons all NPCs, both bagged and abducted to you
* Summon All Restr - Summons all NPCs, both bagged and abducted to you in a restrained state
* Re-abduct All - Re-applies the abduction stuff to all registered NPC in case the game did a reset or despawn on them

Capturing Menu -> Restrain Options
* Restrain hood - Equips a hood over restrained victims which is removed once they're released or abducted. Uses default game asset, purely cosmetic.
* Quick-Restrain - Skips the verification popup and immediately restrains the NPC in normal mode
* Trigger hostility - When active restraining and abduction counts as a criminal action that will prompt the NPCs nearby allies to attack

Capturing Menu -> Abduction Options
* Auto-Reabduct - Re-applies the edits on game load to all abducted automatically on game load (only use when needed)
* FactionQuery - Pops up a window when abductin where you can decide to keep the NPCs factions or not. Keeping them *may* keep custom dialogue and functions. This is handy if you want to make a merchant your friend keep their services, not so handy if you use it on a bandit so they're seen as enemies by every friendly NPC
* AutoOutfit - Will automatically applied the currently active outfit on abduction. More about outfits below
* Adoptions - This will add the necessary faction for adoption options to child NPCs missing it.

Capturing Menu -> Knockdown Options
* Enable knockdowns - Puts NPCs in bleedout mode when the health limits are met, player HP is MORE THAN value and enemy is LESS THAN value. Triggers on physical melee or ranged attacks. It's recommended to keep this on since the default bleedout is between 0-10% and very easy to overshoot killing the NPC instead.

Capturing Menu - Regarding the "Target" option
You can toggle if you want the mod to work on only humans (default) or any NPC. This feature is in testing and not recommended to use.

Outfit Menu
* Enable Outfit Edit - Makes Abduction register any wearable item you equip or unequip. Easiest way to set an outfit up is to put on the stuff you want to wear, activate this option and then simply unequip/requip the items. After that disable the edit mode to "lock in" the outfit.
* Apply Outfit to All - As it says
* OnLoadRequip - Applies every NPCs outfit whenever you load the game. Is normally not needed as long as you've applied the outfit once. Recommended to keep off since it takes a few seconds to check every registered NPC.
You can have five different outfits. Applying an empty outfit is a quick way to strip one or all NPCs

Home Menu
* Take ownership - Will turn the current cell ownership including all items and containers over to the player.
WARNING - owning things/places you shouldn't may interfere with quests/npcs/whatever assuming you're not. This will NOT disable respawning (if enabled) so stored items may vanish and enemies re-appear.
* Set as home, sleeping or work area - Does as it says for all abducted NPCs. Requires My Home is Your Home

The tool menu accessible by sneaking and activating an abducted NPC offers the following
* Restrain - Puts the NPC in tied up position again
* Release - Removes the NPC from Abduction entirely, useful if you want to manage them with other mods and avoid the summon, re-abduct and other functions to mess them up. Don't worry their factions, allegiances, aggression settings and so on will remain.
* Resurrect - Resurrects and puts the NPC in restrained state. Useful if they're accidentally killed or dead already when found. Won't work on NPCs set to start out as dead, they're dead-dead Jim let it go.
* Kill - as it says
* Vendorize - Turns the NPC into a merchant. Uses the same merchant chests as spouses setting up shops in Whiterun do. Note that it takes a few seconds for the dialogue to activate on the first activation and even longer when you change from one merchant type to another. Waiting a few ingame hours and/or travelling elsewhere and back may speed up the process.
* Outfit - Brings up the outfit menu so you can apply one

RECOMMENDED MODS FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY
Amazing Follower Tweaks SSE - Allows you to recruit more than one NPC at a time as well as making them much more useful and tweakable
My Home is Your Home - Makes it possible to give the NPCs a home as well as designate them areas to work/guard/sleep in
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - Greatly extends the voiced dialogue for a multitude of NPC voices
Animated Prostitution and/or Flower Girls SE - If you want sexy time options
Public Executions - If you want to bring criminals to justice. Or innocents to injustice if that's your thing I'm not judging.
Hearth Craft and/or Placeable Statics - Allows placement of various furniture, workbenches and other items. Useful to turn locations into comfy/functional homes for your abducted.

KNOWN ISSUES
General note: Re-abduction now skips stripping allegiances from NPCs in the CurrentFollowerFaction to prevent active companions from breaking but if you use any mods handling followers applying different/more factions for their functionality this protection won't work and they'll likely still break. If you abduct a NPC you intend BFF up it's recommended to remove them from this mod once abducted/pacified and only put them in the follower mod system once that's done.

* Some abducted NPCs won't fight - Non-aggressive NPCs often lack a combat style which means they have no idea how to fight and will run away instead. Use AFT to assign one manually and the should work fine.
* Abducting NPCs can break them - Just assume it will and don't use this on anyone important
* NPCs may vanish, change gender/gear or act odd/hostile - This mod does not remove any attached quests/scripts/packages/etc from NPCs that control their behavior. Catching these problematic NPCs with the clone options *may* help.
* Wrong amount of NPCs displayed or some missing - The registry for bagged and abducted NPCs is very simple so NPCs suffering the problems from the previous point may throw a wrench in it
* Some NPCs won't be possible to recruit at all - If they lack the vanilla voice support for the necessary dialogue it won't show
* Mod is not tested with Oldrim - While it actually works it's unsupported.
* Bagged NPCs still talk and show the dialogue option in their spot - To prevent the NPC being unloaded by moving them to a storage cell and risk having them reset or disabled they're instead made "invisible" by having their scale set to 0.01. This will keep them persistent at least for as long as the player is in the same cell.
* Abducted NPCs may turn hostile towards former allies - Many groups are set to be friendly to only specific factions and hostile to everyone else including those with no factions at all. Provided they're allied with the player recruiting the NPC will stop this but in some cases combat will prevent the recruitment dialogue. In these cases use the bag option to move the restrained actor somewhere safe where you can abduct/recruit them without interruptions.
* Unbagged actors may briefly or permanently be freed - If you use a lot of HD skins, armors, script intensive items or have a slow rig dumping a bunch of NPCs near instantly at you will make the game work hard to load everything causing lag/glitches in the script checking hostility.
* Can't marry certain NPCs - The mod only adds the PotentialMarriageFaction nothing else. If the NPC misses the dialogue for marriage or you fail to have fulfilled the pre-quisities this option will not be availible. You may "marry anyone" mods for it to work or issue the command "setrelationshiprank player X" where X is the required level for them to like you enough.
* Some options missing for child NPCs - This is intended and will not be changed. If inappropriate actions still show up you have a mod that's changed that individual or NPC type to be read as adult for whatever reason.
* Custom dialogue not showing up - In some cases you need to save and reload once for them to work
* Certain Win 10 setups will block the mod from working - Unknown why, possibly related to built in or added security software.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/06/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Common sense, ver GrownUp or later
  • Regular Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

Will try it out now, when I figured out how it works! :-D

Edit: Well, it works just fine, BUT it doesn't really play well with AFT(http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6656). As soon as you abduct an NPC, AFT will handle everything else - armor, spells etc. When you dismiss the NPC in question, you have to remember to reset it in AFT, otherwise your other teammembers, guards or otherwise will turn hostile toward the recently released NPC.

Abduction sees to that you can abduct enemies, but everything else is overwritten by AFT I think. Abduction for faction and AFT for everything else at the moment. I can't really seperate the two O_o I don't know if there is a way to get the abduction-interface to show up seperately from AFT, because you only get the option to talk with them; also when crouching, after AFT takes them into "custody".

Yesterday when I let an NPC go in Dragonsreach, she was attacked by everyone BUT Lydia... Lydia started to kill off the members of court. Don't know why her faction is an exception. Custom followers also turn hostile towards released NPCs.

In this case it was a "Patron" not an enemy per se. I believe it is from Populated Skyrim: Hell Edition (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5017).

I tracked the hostility problem down to an aggression override set too high and uploaded a fixed version.

If you use the re-abduct option it should set the correct one on all registered NPCs. Tested both with and without AFT and the bandit was safely dismissed - mingling into the Whiterun populace unnoticed like a good sleeper agent hehe

If I understand you correctly the dialogue actually works as expected, mod doesn't make any changes to it it merely handles the restrain-abduct-faction stages. Beyond that it really does nothing but keep track of the NPCs for the summon and maintenance functions. There are so many good mods handling the other stuff there really was no point trying to hack together my own inferior variant and risk conflicts in the process.

As for adding a crouch utility menu similar to the Fallout 4 version I've been thinking about it but haven't really found much to put there. A lot of the functions used for making changes simply doesn't exist in SSE since it uses an older syntax version of papyrus. What's left with any potential is the option to resurrect when activating corpses of abductees who's had an "accident" plus the possibility to put live ones back in the restrained state (possibly a few more but there aren't many suitable animations in the vanilla game). 

The restrained state is only active for as long as the NPC passes the "Is3DLoaded()" check. If the player moves elsewhere and the game unloads it it's removed along with it. I did it to cut down on the running scripts plus in when it comes to randomly spawned enemies they're deleted/cleaned up making it pointless to keep on anyhow.

As for the whole deal prompting no response from other NPCs and other lore/immersion stuff I'm not prioritizing it until the base mechanics work properly. Might be possible to trigger some sort of alarm and have that as a toggle for a "good enough" solution if I get some free time over though.

Finally general heads up - The 0.30 is a fairly large one scriptwise and I haven't had time to test every possible situation so if the 0.21 works fine and you don't absolutely need the new features I recommend holding off updating until it's been tested by others.

Some dialog would be nice. I used restrained then released then they said "may I help you friend" xD

That is likely down to the voice-type of the npc. Only certain voice-types supported by the default follower system for example would allow you to recruit them as a follower.

If you are using the FG BDSM addon then at the very least you will have a basic (BDSM) dialogue option.

Does this mod do anything to extend the bleedout mode?  From past experience with mods that rely on bleedout, most of the time either the NPC involved, or my character dies depending on what the mod is unless it also does something to make whoever is in bleedout unkillable or somehow stop anyone from hitting them.  In games with difficulty mods, usually even 1 hit when in bleedout will kill you.

Not sure if this is intended or not but the restrain option seemed to have some sort of area effect for me.  I tried it on a female guard.  Instead of restraining her, it killed her and instead restrained a nearby male guard.  It's also possible that one of my companions killed the female guard since I think it males them hostile at least briefly.  I left all of the settings at default and just used the restrain option you get when sneaking.

Some dialog would be nice. I used restrained then released then they said "may I help you friend" xD

Hmm could lower the NPCs relationshiprank towards the player in restrained and/or released status to get negative dialogue. Would have to make it a toggle though since in some cases you want the NPC to be removed/released but still friendly/obedient as in the case of placing them in a new home as servants and want to avoid them being modified by the global Abduction functions.

The system is different from Fallout 4 where it was easy to just piggyback on the intimidation perk attacker/victim dialogue so I've deliberately avoided working with it to avoid causing problems with the recommended mods.

Does this mod do anything to extend the bleedout mode?  From past experience with mods that rely on bleedout, most of the time either the NPC involved, or my character dies depending on what the mod is unless it also does something to make whoever is in bleedout unkillable or somehow stop anyone from hitting them.  In games with difficulty mods, usually even 1 hit when in bleedout will kill you.

No changes to how bleedout works but modifying it from vanilla mechanics would probably be a good idea. Having it as the only option in combat isn't optimal either considering how crude it is. There are a bunch of ways to do this but as with the follower and set home functions I prefer to implement support for an already existing tried and tested mod to handling it. If anyone have suggestions on SSE compatible ones feel free to let me know.

I'm currently looking at Sneak Tools since it has some extra ways to incapacitate NPCs out that looks interesting, not sure if it also modifies bleedout though.

Not sure if this is intended or not but the restrain option seemed to have some sort of area effect for me.  I tried it on a female guard.  Instead of restraining her, it killed her and instead restrained a nearby male guard.  It's also possible that one of my companions killed the female guard since I think it males them hostile at least briefly.  I left all of the settings at default and just used the restrain option you get when sneaking.

The target for restraining is passed directly upon activation from the perk popup to the function so it shouldn't switch targets like that. It does sounds like the clone-kill option triggered spawning a new randomly generated NPC of the same type, rerolling the gender in the process.  Did you have the quick-restrain mode activated? Try doing things manually alternatively activate it if it's disabled and see if it happens again.

I use Blackjack in SSE.   - Main file

I also use PAH paradise_halls-0-7-31

Along with a ton of other standard skyrim files that are intended for use with SKSE.  In most cases, SKSE only affects a very small part of the mod and is simply ignored.  My rule on that is that if the mod does not require MCM, I can unpack the BSA and convert the meshes/animations, I go for it.  Right now I am running a fully over-flowing mod list of 252 mods, and at least 60 merged mods, without any problems at all.  At the very least, a full 3rd of those are skyrim specific mods, and not intended to work with SSE.  I have done a full play-through with this super heavy load order of mixed mods without any problems at all.

~Wulf

Sounds like roughly what I'm doing as well.  I have 276 mods installed so far and have merged about 45 of them.  About half of them are oldrim mods.  So far I've avoided trying to convert any mods that use SKSE myself though.  I have read that it's not that hard to strip out the MCM for mods where that is the only reason they use SKSE and just manually configure it or leave it at default settings instead.  That was going to be my next project if the release date on SKSE64 continues to slip.  I haven't done a full playthrough with my current mod list but I have played it for over 300 hours with no crashes (mostly with an eye towards specifically testing every mod) so overall I'm very happy with it.

I've added a new option to toggle a "knockdown" state that should make it easier to abduct NPCs than getting them down to the easy-to-overshoot default 10% health level.

It'll trigger when the player health is higher than the set level and when the enemy's lower. If you want to make things easy set the first to low and the other to a high value. This means it can trigger even if you're hurt bad and the enemy isn't. Also not that it currently only triggers on physical attacks, ranged or melee. Unarmed attacks and weapon or shield bashes are not included however but may be in the future.

The idea behind these health checks is that it's a simple way to check to see if they player is overpowering the enemy, doing a lot of damage while taking little themselves, so it should be reasonably well balanced. Basic enemies should be incapacitated easier without accidental deaths while harder enemies will still be a threat since they're more likely to do damage breaking the player check.

Let me know if the health options are too limited, it's likely they have to be tweaked or expanded to cover more difficulties and combat mods.

Perfect your mod's functional​ glad I found it, no skse is really killing these mods. I still wish it was integrated into game better like Submit or Defeat though. For example, with your mod being able to force restrain any npc at the press of a button is overpowered & rape them in the middle of whiterun with no one even trying to stop you's a "little" immersion breaking. Skse/Defeat/submit has spoiled me lol

Been working on an option to flag the player as committing a crime when restraining and abducting these few days actually. Just uploaded a version with the first draft of it.

If you want to put more limitations it's really simple to add more conditionals to the perk used reducing the situations it can be used in.

I have an issue with resurect It seems to be over written by undead fx even though it is higher in the load order I(Undead FX is priority 62 Avduction is priority 69 :D ). Anyone got a work around or did I find an Incompatability? I am playing as a Necrosword Brigand kinda want that Undeath FX and Abduction.

Also I had it out for the imperial Captain since Oldrim. Abducting her makes Ralof stop moving even if you open the gate. You NEED to Kill her then resurrect, I think that goes for every need to Kill NPC in quests.

EFF - Extensible Follower Framework works better but the new follower wont move. Now just need a slave collar and then I'm all good until SKSE 64.

I Love this Mod though! Good work! really makes my Character more Immersive.

Also working on a evil Player home mod for SSE that would be useful for this mod Once I can find out if Undead FX can be worked around Ill be testing mine for Abducted Slaves -er Volunteers... The Main part I plan to publish on the Nexus but the Adult only expansion will be on LL.

I also use PAH paradise_halls-0-7-31

~Wulf

How did you do it just plug and play like Oldrim?   :o 

I went through the conversion steps for the meshes, and ran the ESP through he SE CK, and it works great.  I just changed to the newer version listed on the nexus page for oldrim and it works just as well.  This is not the sexlab enabled version, mind you and the SKSE functions do not work, but I can capture 50 slaves without an issue.  I have not tried to sell any

~Wulf

I went through the conversion steps for the meshes, and ran the ESP through he SE CK, and it works great.  I just changed to the newer version listed on the nexus page for oldrim and it works just as well.  This is not the sexlab enabled version, mind you and the SKSE functions do not work, but I can capture 50 slaves without an issue.  I have not tried to sell any

~Wulf

Ok so I tried it it work could enslave an npc but no dialogue. did you have this problem? I wounded her and then I crouched and enslaved her like usual but no inventory ect.

Am I missing something?

ever mind figured it out but Abducted does tend to overwrite some of the Paradise halls dialogue when abducting. Trying to see about patching that.

Also yes Undead FX DOES conflict with ressurect. I find no way around this as MO2 and SSEdit show no conflict with the two. It just uses the same scripts and Undead FX seems to say oh dead now alive lets turn it into a skeleton even though it retains all its traits, skills, dialogue ect...

Work around?

1. Save game

2. Deactivate Undeath FX

3. Load up SSE

4. Ressurect NPC

5. Save game

6. Activate undeath FX

7 load up SSE

The abductee should not be experiencing Undead FX's disentigrating skin effects. So Far I did this with 3 characters it works! By the Nine though it is a  pain in in the ass. Me thinks a better work around would suit it better. but Maybe the Powers of SKSE 64 are needed. :(

I don't get conflicts with PAH and Abducted...  I do not use Undead fx.  I load PAH before Abducted on the left side of MO and obviously PAH has a master, rather than an esp like Abducted.  Not sure why, but I have not seen any issues.

~Wulf

ever mind figured it out but Abducted does tend to overwrite some of the Paradise halls dialogue when abducting. Trying to see about patching that.

Also yes Undead FX DOES conflict with ressurect. I find no way around this as MO2 and SSEdit show no conflict with the two. It just uses the same scripts and Undead FX seems to say oh dead now alive lets turn it into a skeleton even though it retains all its traits, skills, dialogue ect...

Work around?

1. Save game

2. Deactivate Undeath FX

3. Load up SSE

4. Ressurect NPC

5. Save game

6. Activate undeath FX

7 load up SSE

The abductee should not be experiencing Undead FX's disentigrating skin effects. So Far I did this with 3 characters it works! By the Nine though it is a  pain in in the ass. Me thinks a better work around would suit it better. but Maybe the Powers of SKSE 64 are needed. :(

I took a look at the Undead FX mod and it seems to use a cloak type applicator to add that zombie effect to all dead npcs automatically. There is a guide with some console commands on the first discussion page to remove that behaviour on an actor so it can be resurrected properly, have you tried it and know if it works?

If so it might be possible to include it in Abduction so it automatically does it whenever it resurrects, it might break Undead FX for that NPC though. At least until they die again

Only criticisms i have for this mod is: 

1. If you take multiple people, some of them might never appear after unbagging or summoning them (Good thing mine were all normally hostile NPCs)

2. They don't stay in the place you take them to if you abduct them from one place & unbag them elsewhere, then leave that place to get more people (Can still be summoned back but can be a problem with the #1 issue)

3. The BDSM sex options are great but its a shame there aren't more yet. Was hoping for some sadist female postions like smothering them with your ass or tits, them kneeling while eating your ass or pussy, etc.

Even with all this, its still a damn good mod and one of my favorites alongside AP & Flower Girls.