Should I switch to Mod Organizer?

I keep seeing so many peoples recommended it, include many mod author.

I'm currently using NMM and have a Skyrim setup with 200+ mods.. Everything seem to working with no problem so far.

Do you guys think it worth all the trouble to switch over?. I dont really want to reinstall everything. :s

I also heard the author of MO is joined Nexus team and currently developing a brand new mod manager mean that MO is no longer supported. So is this a good time to switch or I should just stick with NMM for now.

The main reason I consider to switch is I want create a multiple Skyrim setup, one is for testing and other is for my main playthrough. I heard MO is better at manager multi profiles than NMM.

edit: oops, wrong sub. Can someone move it to Skyrim Non Adult Mods section plz.

It's really not worth it.

The profile system is about the same, having multiple setups isn't always going to work perfectly.

Also watch out when asking this kind of question, I did the same and it goes south fast.

Guest bronzemikee

If all is working fine and you dont want to add any new mods, stay with NMM,but if u plan to add some, then I would recommend MO. MO doesnt put the mod directly into the game, so after uninstalling a mod your game is in the same state as it was before. Also with M0 you can clearly see what is overwriting what and fix some problems waay quicker than with NMM. 

The way MO loads the files is far from a benefit, several mods have issues with it such as FNIS. Plus injecting a whole virtualinstall directory into a game as it's launched is hardly friendly on performance.

MO provides no benefit with larger quantities of mods over NMM, as well as NMM declares any conflicting files just the same during installs. Neither is faster than the other for "fixing problems". The proper tools for conflict checking and plugin management are LOOT and TES5Edit.

What MO provides is a small box of tools that are mediocre compared to the ones specifically designed to do that job, hence why people have more problems with load order, conflicts and stability when using it. You're better off with sticking with a basic Mod manager that installs things properly and then using the proper tools like Wryebash, LOOT, TES5edit etc to maintain things. This is at least what I have seen as someone who has been helping out around the technical support section of the forum for over a year.

Archived