SexLab causes CTD when I swing a sword

So I've gone through each of the mods I have installed and the problem only manifests when I have SexLab itself installed. When I swing a weapon, sometimes the game will immediately CTD. It used to happen on any swing, but I reinstalled Skyrim and now it mostly only happens on heavy attacks. I've tried verifying the game files, but it hasn't worked. Steam will reacquire whatever file it says is corrupted, but it will still CTD and Steam will want to reacquire the file again when I try to verify the integrity again. I've also tried redownloading the SexLab framework file, but it does exactly the same thing.

The papyrus log isn't showing anything either. No warnings or failures that I can see.

It really has me at my wit's end. I've never had this problem before and it isn't wanting to go away.

Anyone know the solution?

Papyrus Log:

Mod Load Order:

Skyrim

Update

Hearthfires

Dawnguard

Dragonborn

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Ediition Patch

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core

SexLab

SkyUI

FNIS

Alternate Start

RaceMenu

RaceMenuPlugin

Realistic Ragdoll

XPMSE

Schlongs of Skyrim

SOS - Smurf Average Addon

While I'm not sure whether it directly concerns your CTD problem, your load order is certainly not so ideal: 

1. XPMSE should always come last, in order to overwrite all the other possible conflicting skeletons (so SoS instead should load earlier, and I recommend to uninstall/re-install XPMSE for making sure to apply its skeleton in the game). 
  2. It is also usually recommended that Alternative Start - Live Another Life should be loaded (almost) at last
  3. No add-on(s) for Sexlab? (irrelevant to CTD problem): Sexlab is framework. You need some (other) add-ons for Sexlab to trigger the coitus scene. 
  4. I don't know which kind of mod manager you use, but especially if you use NMM (although I prefer MO), make sure you have installed the relevant mods in the following order (first to last): SoS (includes older skeleton and StorageUtil.dll) > Sexlab >XPMSE (actually the order of the latter two is not so relevant).

I tried changing up the load order as you suggested, but it still just CTD'd. As for the addons, I was only installing the most barebones I felt I needed to try to work out what was causing the problem. I didn't want to have to uninstall everything if I discovered the problem was around something a lot of addons were dependent on.

Interestingly enough, I went into the SexLab options and disabled all the voice related options. As of now, it seems the crash is fixed. I'm not sure why, but it seems like SL's voices were getting intermingled with the attack grunts and the like or something and causing the game to flip shit. Although it is pure speculation, so maybe something else fixed it.

Either way, the problem seems fixed for now, so thanks for the help with the load order stuff!

While I'm not sure whether it directly concerns your CTD problem, your load order is certainly not so ideal: 

1. XPMSE should always come last, in order to overwrite all the other possible conflicting skeletons (so SoS instead should load earlier, and I recommend to uninstall/re-install XPMSE for making sure to apply its skeleton in the game). 
  2. It is also usually recommended that Alternative Start - Live Another Life should be loaded (almost) at last
  3. No add-on(s) for Sexlab? (irrelevant to CTD problem): Sexlab is framework. You need some (other) add-ons for Sexlab to trigger the coitus scene. 
  4. I don't know which kind of mod manager you use, but especially if you use NMM (although I prefer MO), make sure you have installed the relevant mods in the following order (first to last): SoS (includes older skeleton and StorageUtil.dll) > Sexlab >XPMSE (actually the order of the latter two is not so relevant).

The recommendation about xpmse isn't actually wrong, but it misses the point a bit. What's really important is that it's installed last, or at least nothing else overwrites it. The load order doesn't overwrite the skeleton, but it's recommended to have a similar load/install order, so if installed last it should also load last.

If you don't use any weapon animations, you can also just disable xpmse.esp, that will reduce some papyrus spam. Install order is still important, though.

Archived