So, i just started sims 3 for the first time and i feel a bit lost.

I have sims 3, kinkyworld + nraas and a ton of custom content (800 mb of basically only hairs,premade npcs and skimpy clothes :) ).

I find sims 3 better in almost every way compared to sims 4. It just have a lot more content and the open world is much more immersive.

Already played a couple of hours and the game and mods seems to be mostly working but i got some questions and issues that i couldn't solve with some googling, so here i am.

-The loading times are insane, like 10-15 minutes to start a new game and if i alt+tab to do something else it doesn't load at all?

I have the game on an ssd, with a decent pc that should be more then enough to play a 7 years old game (i5 6600k overclocked, r280x, 16gb ram).

Is there any way to improve loading times? 

-Is it normal that i have only 1 animation for sex scene? In wickedwhims there were often stages like 1/2/3/climax. 

-Where i should start the first game to get the most enjoyable kinkyworld experience and with less glitches/better performance?

Also, should i download a new neighbourood on the ea exchange, or a remake of a vanilla world, or just stick with the vanilla scenarios?

The loading times are insane, like 10-15 minutes to start a new game? I have the game on an ssd.
Is there any way to improve loading times?

> more mods and expansions = more load time

BUT packages load faster than if you install via the the sims launcher, so keep that in mind

-Is it normal that i have only 1 animation for sex scene? In wickedwhims there were often stages like 1/2/3/climax.

> you need to download more animations and enable then manually

-Where i should start the first game to get the most enjoyable kinkyworld experience and with less glitches/better performance? Also, should i download a new neighbourood on the ea exchange, or a remake of a vanilla world, or just stick with the vanilla scenarios?

> for me personally, i searched for a map wich includes all the dlcs contents, because vanilla maps dont use all of then

> more mods and expansions = more load time

I'll deactivate some of the least interesting for me then, there is no need to try everything the first playtrough after all.

> you need to download more animations and enable then manually

I downloaded the packs in the first topic of kinkyworld and enabled them from the game settings (inserting the text) i do see that i have like 6/7 animation packs loaded in the settings.

An update: removing most mods and a couple expansions wasn't getting me anywhere, so it i just removed almost every expansion (and all the sim3 launcher mods)

Loading times are short now compared to before, less then 5 minutes. Only time i still get crazy lag is when i try to change clothes.

I recommend doing this, but it might be a bit overwhelming for someone just starting with sims 3 modding:

cheers

I recommend doing this, but it might be a bit overwhelming for someone just starting with sims 3 modding:

cheers

Thanks i'll try those links out! My test game went fine (played in the vanilla world).

Now i want to try start to add again some expansions/mods and i'm trying to improve the game. 

Also while i was testing fps i had like 800 frames per second and the fan was spinning much more often then usual.

Now i put vsync and fps limit and the game seems to be less laggy, also my videocard doesn't overheat so much.

cheers

If you only do one of those, do the last one. There's lots of good ideas out there on how best to merge your custom content package with s3pe, but what I do is divide things up and merge them in groups, since too big a file (I believe 200MB) can cause issues. So I have one file for all my CC clothes, one for skins/eyes/eyelashes, one for sliders, one for objects etc. I also keep a folder with the original/archived files for all my CC in the same order in a different spot in case I have an issue that kills my mods folder.

I have run it with the Nraas Mods and Cmar's mods compressed into a package as well, but it's not recommended and I haven't noticed much loading time difference between having them compressed and just leaving them separate in my mods folder.

If you've also converted all your sim3packs to package folders, you can easily order your content and Delphy's converter is really easy to use.

I've never played a routefixed world, although I've been thinking about it lately, but I use Nraas Overwatch and Errortrap to help with any problems. I also tend to check on sims when I get a message that they've missed work or school to make sure it's not due to a routing issue. Usually it isn't, sometimes it is and it's always been a fixable problem.

Also while i was testing fps i had like 800 frames per second and the fan was spinning much more often then usual.

Now i put vsync and fps limit and the game seems to be less laggy, also my videocard doesn't overheat so much.

That's something you absolutely want to be wary of - the insane fps on modern cards. It totally fried mine.

The best option for me was Riva Tuner Statistic Server. It has a very simple Framerate Limit input (type the rate you desire) and hasn't had any negative affects on my system.

Here's a link to their download page. (Links are a little over halfway down the page, after the info, before the comments)

The latest version seems to be a beta. I'm using 6.5. (Just for reference info)

That's something you absolutely want to be wary of - the insane fps on modern cards. It totally fried mine.

The best option for me was Riva Tuner Statistic Server. It has a very simple Framerate Limit input (type the rate you desire) and hasn't had any negative affects on my system.

Here's a link to their download page. (Links are a little over halfway down the page, after the info, before the comments)

I'm just using the frame target control option on the amd/ati graphics settings and it seems to work fine. Framerate is limited to 60 fps now and i'm getting less overheating.

A game like this doesn't really need more then 60 fps anyway imho.

So far my playtime was going fine, i merged packs, converted the biggest sims3packs to packages, downloaded fixed world (and using the other fixes i mentioned earlier) and now i'm getting much less lag. Loading times for a new game were drastically cut, like now it's less then 5 minutes from original 15 minutes!!

But i encountered a new problem, not sure if i always had it and i didn't notice or if it appeared after some custom content shopping.

When doing the KW whooo or when putting the nudesuit on i have no issues, but when i have lingerie or swimwear i can see some red panties under the swimsuit/lingerie panties.

EDIT: Found the culprit, it was some "panties as accessories" mod that i didn't even know i had (or maybe they are in the vanilla game, i don't really know). 

Also while loading times and lag were reduced, lag while browsing clothes is just horrible. Anything i can do to fix that?

I'm just using the frame target control option on the amd/ati graphics settings and it seems to work fine. Framerate is limited to 60 fps now and i'm getting less overheating.

A game like this doesn't really need more then 60 fps anyway imho.

So far my playtime was going fine, i merged packs, converted the biggest sims3packs to packages, downloaded fixed world (and using the other fixes i mentioned earlier) and now i'm getting much less lag. Loading times for a new game were drastically cut, like now it's less then 5 minutes from original 15 minutes!!

But i encountered a new problem, not sure if i always had it and i didn't notice or if it appeared after some custom content shopping.

When doing the KW whooo or when putting the nudesuit on i have no issues, but when i have lingerie or swimwear i can see some red panties under the swimsuit/lingerie panties.

EDIT: Found the culprit, it was some "panties as accessories" mod that i didn't even know i had (or maybe they are in the vanilla game, i don't really know). 

Also while loading times and lag were reduced, lag while browsing clothes is just horrible. Anything i can do to fix that?

In nraas mastercontroller-CAS you have an option to show hats, clothing accessories in compact form. That might help you :)

In nraas mastercontroller-CAS you have an option to show hats, clothing accessories in compact form. That might help you :)

That worked, i have much less lag now! Since i like to spend insane amount of times on the create a sim that's a life saver :).

Archived