Was wondering if anyone seen this with google Chrome ??

D_ManXX2

in older version i never had this happening after every 6 hours or so there are strange tmp files generated really quickly but it does not remove all of them afterwards and if you leave that your tmp folder will crapped loaded with all sorts of Chrome_Bits folders i know it is from chrome since when i try to delete them when they are generated chrome will not allow me to remve them yet. but all of them seem to have 3 files 1 is manifest and other is called fingerprint not sure about the third one.

the 3 files are:

crl-set

manifest.fingerprint

manifest.json

these are the files created within the tmp folders 

Take a look inside manifest.json, should give you some clue about what those files belong to.

And no, I don't have them. I'm running an older version of Chrome and keeping it under a very tight control. :D

BTW, with a quick Google search I've found this, not a new issue apparently:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!msg/chrome/YojydhzUxdI/uWLYdGp_ANcJ

You may try to enable "Check for server certificate revocation" option (settings->Advanced Settings->HTTPS/SSL) and restart the browser. Although I'm not sure if the option is still there.

Screenshot-2014-04-26-at-3.53.05-PM.png

i had ticked in chrome to use serverauthenticate after disable this it was not making these tmp files anymore. normal chrome when you first install had this option turned off you only need the client active. 

Archived