HDT physics stopped working mid-game, with no changes to mod list

Lugubrious0ne

So, I've posted a couple of other HDT-related problems over the past month, and I thought I had everything sorted. Turns out I was wrong.

Following a CTD (that seemed completely normal), all of my HDT physics seem to have stopped working apart from bouncing boobs and butt. For the record, the things that have stopped working are:

- HDT hair

- HDT cloaks

- collisions

Even when I start a new game, at least with a female character, this is still the case, so it's not just a problem with one save. I have reinstalled Realistic Ragdolls and Force, HDT Physics Extensions, my XML files, the Havok Physics Object, and the latest XPMSE skeleton (and placed it right at the bottom of the load order), but it makes no difference. Weirdly enough though, when I load 'coc qasmoke', the default character does get HDT cloak physics. So it may just be an issue for female characters.

ALSO, weirdly enough, this happened right after my character was enslaved (with SD+) and lost all her gear. Probably not related, as the character physics previously applied without needing the Havok Object.

I feel bad for spamming the forums like I have for this last month. But if anyone has any insight into what might have caused it, I would be extremely grateful! I'll attach my load order, in case that helps.

EDIT: The problem is solved, for now. But like so many things in Skyrim modding, I'm not sure how it was solved, or why the problem appeared in the first place. As I said, I had tried reinstalling everything relevant to HDT, re-generating FNIS; I even restarted my PC, and over 6-7 attempts, nothing. And then, just now, I loaded qasmoke and changed the character gender to female. All of HDT was working! Just to try, I loaded my main save. There as well, everything was working! With NO CHANGES to anything, since the 6-7 attempts when nothing worked.

Still, the question remains: Does anyone know why all of custom HDT physics, apart from breasts and butt, might stop working, despite restarts and re-installs, and then suddenly start? 

plugins.txt

You shouldn't need a havok object, and cloaks is unstable as hell on the best of days.

That is also a shitload of respawn/despawn mods, 83willows mods are a mess, and you have like every 5000 cloak spells per second per cell per npc state mod ever, which are not very likely to play nice together at all, much less play with hdtmempatch.

I'm aware there are quite a lot of scripts - I've done what I can in MCM menus to set all but the most essential script mods to only run periodically (and, if there is the option, only apply to the player character), and everything has been quite stable for quite a while. There are no real incompatibilities, and script latency averages out at about 70, which is bearable.

I may have gone a bit overboard, but I like a lot of the ideas modders here have come up with. I'm surprised you call out the 83willows mod in particular! I've used it since forever, and never had an issue.

Being more constructive, is there anything that you would actually advise removing from the order? At least 50% of what's there (especially on the loverslab side) is totally gratuitous. If a mod doesn't actively cause problems, I tend to include it. But if you see a ton of red flags there, can you tell me what they are?

I'm aware there are quite a lot of scripts - I've done what I can in MCM menus to set all but the most essential script mods to only run periodically (and, if there is the option, only apply to the player character), and everything has been quite stable for quite a while. There are no real incompatibilities, and script latency averages out at about 70, which is bearable.

I may have gone a bit overboard, but I like a lot of the ideas modders here have come up with. I'm surprised you call out the 83willows mod in particular! I've used it since forever, and never had an issue.

Being more constructive, is there anything that you would actually advise removing from the order? At least 50% of what's there (especially on the loverslab side) is totally gratuitous. If a mod doesn't actively cause problems, I tend to include it. But if you see a ton of red flags there, can you tell me what they are?

You shouldn't have a havok object. It's from a very outdated HDT mod.

What you should is start a new MO profile without all the hipster "survival" cell-check-cloak-rape mods and everything else the same, and see if that same phenomenon happens.

83willow's techniques were pretty the much the it thing at the time, but like footprints and immersive patrols, it's simply not coded very well compared to other mods and uses the worst possible spawn/despawn scheme and state checking.

Archived