Sexout FAQ - Read this to get started

@dborg2 

Thank you for the speedy reply. 

*knees are weak and arms are heavy, cause I bought it from steam like dumb heady*

Well then, color me curious: Let's say I do these things in this order. 

1) Disable the steam FNV exe

2) Install GOG fallout nv to (C:\Fallout New Vegas)

3) Change the Mod organizer fallout new vegas directory location to (C:\Fallout New Vegas). 

4) Change the FOMM Fallout New vegas directory to (C:\Fallout New vegas) 

5) Uninstall then reinstall Wrye Bash to the new directory (C:\Fallout New Vegas)

6) Uninstall steam Fallout New Vegas

7) Cut and paste the remaining data files from (C: ….\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas) to (C:Fallout New Vegas) 

I think this might work because I remember doing something similar to this before without issue. 

I'll be fine reinstalling the FOMM mods anyway because I already have Fmods of stuff from this site and a SCR Resources back up zip and fmod. 

Thank you for telling me that GOG FNV works with Sexout. I thought I remembered reading that Sexout uses Steam Client for some purpose. I guess that's out dated. 

4 hours ago, DragonGT-0101 said:

@dborg2 

*knees are weak and arms are heavy, cause I bought it from steam like dumb heady*

3) Change the Mod organizer fallout new vegas directory location to (C:\Fallout New Vegas). 

5) Uninstall then reinstall Wrye Bash to the new directory (C:\Fallout New Vegas) 

7) Cut and paste the remaining data files from (C: ….\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas) to (C:Fallout New Vegas)  

I think this might work because I remember doing something similar to this before without issue.  

I'll be fine reinstalling the FOMM mods anyway because I already have Fmods of stuff from this site and a SCR Resources back up zip and fmod.  

Thank you for telling me that GOG FNV works with Sexout. I thought I remembered reading that Sexout uses Steam Client for some purpose. I guess that's out dated. 

Sorry that I missed it, but you actually don't need FOMM, (Might need it if you use ModOrganizer2, as it removed support for FOMods).

Did you install FOMM/MO outside c:\program files\ ? Because that's a requirement. Stupid Windows protection on Program Files.

11 hours ago, DragonGT-0101 said:

@dborg2 

If you have to use FOMM and MO together.. make sure you install FOMM and use it THROUGH MO2. (didn't know it was removed in the new version of MO2. Personally I'd use the old version.. most recent version of MO the original for Fallout NV and Fallout 3 in that case. 

using FOMM through MO, your installed files will end up in the overwrite folder (if it is like what happened with MO 1 ) You will then have to create a new mods from that. So before using FOMM i'd advise cleaning out the overwrites folder first. ;)

You don't really need Wyre Bash (I believe) as there is a merged plugin option through FOMM. (I assume that is what you are going to be using bash for. ) However, with MO you need to run Wyre Bash through MO as well. The results should end up in your overwrites folder. That is a step that sometimes confuses people.. they go .. where did my mod go? question.

19 hours ago, dborg2 said:

Sorry that I missed it, but you actually don't need FOMM, (Might need it if you use ModOrganizer2, as it removed support for FOMods).

Did you install FOMM/MO outside c:\program files\ ? Because that's a requirement. Stupid Windows protection on Program Files.

@dborg2 Lol, yeah I've always installed everything I could outside of C:\Program files\. I think I read about that warning somewhere on the Lovers pk forums.

Oh and I don't need the FOMM from this site anymore to install the sexout mods? Pfffffft, I didn't know that at all... Hopefully someone will see this and recognize that they DON'T need the LL version of FOMM ton install Sexout mods anymore (Said with emphasis and reiterated for clarity).

@RitualClarity On this install of MO2, I couldn't even use LL FOMM through MO2 without first installing it through MO2. So, what you said to make the two work together holds true. After the 1st install, MO2 will now freely launch both LL FOMM executable's without trouble even on subsequent installations of LL FOMM from what I witnessed on my machine.

And on Wrye Bash, yeah! haha I found that out the hard way when I was installing FNV mods back in mid 2018 with MO2, the esps weren't appearing. Wrye can't tell were the files are since, from what I understand, MO2 acts as a miniature virtual machine to conduct processes.   

And UHhhhhhhuhuhuhhh, fomm can merge plugins huh? I'm gonna do that to save myself an esp slot... Right now in fact. Thank you for the tip and for your guide on creating the SCR Resources folder. 

Thanks to you both once again! 

Edit: Actually, I'm better off just asking, how do I merge plugins through FOMM?

t I understand, MO2 acts as a miniature virtual machine to conduct processes.   

You would be correct.  It hides the files. There are way that you might be able to access them but it would be a pain in the ass and likely not work as I haven't seen any reference from anyone doing so (development side)

@DragonGT-0101

And UHhhhhhhuhuhuhhh, fomm can merge plugins huh? I'm gonna do that to save myself an esp slot... Right now in fact.

there was something if I remember correctly. I rarely used it as my plugins weren't to a level that needed such a trick to get to run properly. 

there are other tools from FNVedit and others to create merges.. I might have gotten confused. :P  I don't normally have 200 mods running at the same time. ;)

Thank you for the tip and for your guide on creating the SCR Resources folder. 

You are welcome.

And UHhhhhhhuhuhuhhh, fomm can merge plugins huh? I'm gonna do that to save myself an esp slot... Right now in fact.

there was something if I remember correctly. I rarely used it as my plugins weren't to a level that needed such a trick to get to run properly. 

there are other tools from FNVedit and others to create merges.. I might have gotten confused. :P  I don't normally have 200 mods running at the same time.

I personally use another program called 'MergePlugins' that I run from MO2. It's more powerful and can completely absorb multiple plugins into 1 merged plugin. If set up correctly it will also copy all assets from each mod into the merged mod (on the left side) so you can disable those mods completely on the left side and eliminate mod conflict risks.  It can also merge 'nested mods'. Mod A needs Mod B, which needs ESM C.  Merge plugins can merge them together, including changing the links towards the parent (merged) mod.

Be carefull though. If you don't load all plugins in merge plugins, it can merge mods, that have requirements in the mods you didn't load, which would break those mods.

I haven't used Wrye bash ever since. (except for loadorder, if LOOT is fumbling up)

@dborg2 So Merge plugins, yeah? Wasn't too sure about that program's functionalities until now though, but, then again, I recently discovered it.  1) So Wyre bash is redundant? 2) Merged Plugins only combines mods "marked mergeable" or is that a functionality of bash only? 3) Or can merge plugins merges any mods that are dependable on each other? (Based on the Russian nestling doll example, I'm betting it's #3. (For ex: Fem Vegas patches need Femvegas and Femvegas needs Sexout, so Merge Plugins combines all of those mods into one esm file to save space?))  4) This community feels a lot more helpful and compassionate than nexus only modders ngl.  

Edit: So Sexout Breeder can turn Female npcs into "Were-claws"? Bc the perks and the guide hint at that (thanks for the expansion on the "Irradiated FEV caused" mutations) or is there a more expansive were-claw mod out there? I doubt it or Alchestbreach would've covered it if it was on the nexus.

3 hours ago, DragonGT-0101 said:

@dborg2 So Merge plugins, yeah? Wasn't too sure about that program's functionalities until now though, but, then again, I recently discovered it.  1) So Wyre bash is redundant? 2) Merged Plugins only combines mods "marked mergeable" or is that a functionality of bash only? 3) Or can merge plugins merges any mods that are dependable on each other? (Based on the Russian nestling doll example, I'm betting it's #3. (For ex: Fem Vegas patches need Femvegas and Femvegas needs Sexout, so Merge Plugins combines all of those mods into one esm file to save space?))  4) This community feels a lot more helpful and compassionate than nexus only modders ngl.  

Edit: So Sexout Breeder can turn Female npcs into "Were-claws"? Bc the perks and the guide hint at that (thanks for the expansion on the "Irradiated FEV caused" mutations) or is there a more expansive were-claw mod out there? I doubt it or Alchestbreach would've covered it if it was on the nexus.

1# It can merge very simple mods and makes a plugin that is depending on all plugins, which causes issues with mods like merge-plugins and just basic 'cleaning' in general.

2# Merge plugins *can* combine all mods it says it can combine. It's a bit more difficult than Wryebash, as it will stop you merging plugins that are a dependence in other mods. It also detects flaws in the mods, that it can't merge. It will indicate those with red marks when you evaluate all mergeable mods.

3# yes. It will merge them together, but it won't merge Sexout, unless there are no mods requiring Sexout. ps. Don't merge framework mods. It makes installing updates of your mods more difficult in the future.

4# Thank you. I always try to help.

For the Were-claws question. We haven't really implemented support for followers in the mod, including mutatation. But there are some npc's with mutations in the Deathclaw questlines (not going to spoil more)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aniamties said:

Is it really only new vegas?? Or can i use this for fallout 3! Cause i only read Fallout New Vegas

There is a version for Sexout for Fallout 3. But it has barely mod support and the framework itself hasn't been updated in ages.

People that want Sexout for Fallout 3 are advised to use TTW and Fallout New Vegas, to get the best of the New Vegas engine to work for Fallout 3

Possibly an idiotic question here;

Does it also work for both Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout: New Vegas? (both in general and with all the discussed mods if possible)I guess it shouldnt, but considering how similar looking/playing all three games(3, 3 GOTY and Vegas), had to ask.

Edit: Ok, i have just read what you wrote. SO i have another question now, i have fallout 3 and fallout 3 GOTY. I have just bought GOTY edition and its not modded but my normal 3 is. Would it mess my ttw installation? And do i install TTW after Sexout, or before?

Also i will step up and be the bad guy by pointing out the obvious hypocrisy here(it would benefit me too, as in reaction time, which i need right now);

Murder/decapitation/rape/bestiality/slavery/drug abuse/necrophilia: These are ok, its just a game anyways.

Paedophilia: Stop right there you perverted criminal scum! This will not be tolerated! Never!

Just makes my day, everytime when i see this. Let them insults and bans come through now. I can endure. But please, help before doing so.

For the record, i take the liberty of declaring my sexual attraction towards human beings who have lived less than 16 years in this world, to be practically zero.

I don't know what you mean in the second section, and I really don't care much.

As for Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 GOTY.. They are basically the same. Mods from Fallout 3 will work on GOTY.

Fallout New Vegas has a newer engine, and Fallout 3 mods need a bit of a touchup to work in the New Vegas engine (in combination with TTW). Most mods are already completely converted, over at the TTW site and those that aren't either don't need it, or you can use a FNVEdit -script to fix them.

ofcourse TTW site is kids friendly, so special TTW mods for Sexout can be found here only.  (ps. The 'recent' update of TTW broke a couple of the sexout TTW-specific mods, so you might have to use an older TTW version to get them to work.)

3 hours ago, dborg2 said:

Most mods are already completely converted, over at the TTW site and those that aren't either don't need it, or you can use a FNVEdit -script to fix them.

Is the FNV edit script to convert in the base program or i have to go download it ?

thanks

I don't know of any that is conflicting with Sexout other than what is mentioned on the download page. (bouncing bodies etc) 

However, there are some mods that conflict with some of the mods that use SExout. you need to check each of your downloads and read the entire instructions and info before using. Trust me... READ THE ENTIRE OP.  If you have questions related to a specific mod.. post on that support thread. Sexout isn't as active as it was once but there are still fans and users of Sexout that enjoy many of the mods still being kept up. Give them a bit of time to respond and you should be good to go.

• 3 months later...

Read Acacia17's post and was wondering the same. I heard TTW 3.2+ runs better but cannot find any info on how Sexout actually runs, besides it kinda does? Is there some post I'm missing on what Sexout mods work with TTW 3.2+? I saw this recent super mutant & ghouls fix so that must mean it previously did not work, but mentions making TTW QuestOverhaul and Fertile Breeder Mutants work now so were those also not working with TTW 3.2+? Like what's the status of compatibility between TTW 3.2+ and Sexout et. al. mods?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/126954-ttw-super-mutants-ghouls-fix-sexoutng/

2 hours ago, carnival said:

Read Acacia17's post and was wondering the same. I heard TTW 3.2+ runs better but cannot find any info on how Sexout actually runs, besides it kinda does? Is there some post I'm missing on what Sexout mods work with TTW 3.2+? I saw this recent super mutant & ghouls fix so that must mean it previously did not work, but mentions making TTW QuestOverhaul and Fertile Breeder Mutants work now so were those also not working with TTW 3.2+? Like what's the status of compatibility between TTW 3.2+ and Sexout et. al. mods?

as far as i understand all of them should work well with TTW.. however, there might not be anything active until you have actually arrived at the FNV location in game. (triggers) .  I have heard that there were some issues with recent changes to TTW and Sexout.  Not sure if t hose have been corrected or even if they are valid issues.  Finally those mods designed to work in the Fallout 3 land of TTW have express info that will tip you off they are good for TTW. Usually with it in the title.

That being said.. I'd suggest that you go slow with installing the mods. Just Sexout, SCR and perhaps the resources. (they shouldn't have any issues regardless) and one or two more universal mods like Sex Key or something SexoutSex etc.  Test it .. THEN start trying some others and build from that. To be honest.. that is the best process for a regular FNV setup as well.

Post back with any issues here. Or better post them on Sexout or the TTW thread as well to get some added exposure from those that are using the current TTW version and Sexout.

Previous versions  of TTW worked just fine for me. However, disclaimer I haven't been using any verson since like 2.4~2. 8 or something around there. So I might mistaken on its compatibility. Use an excellent mod manager ( like MO) and you will be fine you can activate and deactive mods as needed. pretty easily.  With MO you can move them around in install lorder (left side) as well!

Thanks RitualClarity, will try out and post results when finished just so there is a searchable record on site. Trying two different FNV run through's, playing New California now and plan to add Frontier to it whenever it comes out. Making a separate profile for TTW in-between those playthroughs.

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, ZACORT45 said:

I just installed sexout, followed everything and nothing crashed. 

My only question is, what does this mod do? 

Please send help

LOL.. you installed a mod and don't know what it does? :D LOL

It does nothing. Yep, nothing. Not being funny here. IT does nothing at all.

YOu now have to install Sexout mods that will use this mod and then you can get adult animations (sex animations) based on the mods you selected and various settings.

• 4 months later...