[RPG Maker MV] College Life 0.1.9a

Miraider

Hi everybody,

I am MikeMasters (Miraider is old nick) and I want to share something with you.

It's a little project I'm working on called "College Life".

post-270556-0-50851900-1501615528_thumb.png

What is it all about?

You play as young guy, whose goal is to finish college and become successful at life, so he can help his family(sister and mother).
Game starts right, when player moves to the college dormitory.
When you finish first several quests, the game will become sandbox experience, when you can do almost anything.

Features

• interesting RPG elements like: player's confidence, spying skill etc.
  • unique take on skill and relationship progression 
  • quest with decisions that matter
  • interesting characters with story and history
  • repeatable activities which will improve your skills and relations
  • sexual innuendos, flirting, everything up to anal, threesome and much more

Download

Newest free version: 0.1.9a

Newest patreon version: 0.2.0a

Download both versions here

Please share your opinion with me, I want to improve and I really want to know if it works  :blush:

If you enjoyed it, please consider supporting at:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5204113

Pictures from game:

post-270556-0-14890600-1508858823_thumb.png

post-270556-0-27544400-1508858870_thumb.png

post-270556-0-44626500-1508858914_thumb.png

post-270556-0-90496000-1508858941_thumb.png

post-270556-0-57821900-1508858967_thumb.png

post-270556-0-52376100-1508859060_thumb.png

Watching the intro the spot where the brother says that the father is only doing things to the mother and hasn't done anything to the sister yet I was like well he better not do anything to the sister but if he does start there better be a way to get his ass out of the place or allow the player to take them out permanently (as in make his ass fertilizer) I would probably already do it to help the mother if it was an option.

Played it some and have hit one bad spot. It's right after you start exploring the area with Jane. If you enter the corridor where the 2 glowing stars are on the level where your players room is there is a door there if you enter the door you will get stuck in the doorway and you can't leave the room it's the one right next to the girls bathroom. When you try to send a message to Kara nothing happens might be because there isn't anything for her yet. Also shouldn't Jane's name be in the list for people that you can message?

When you look at the sister under character shouldn't she be listed as sister then whatever friend/lover level that they are at with the player?

Thank you for playing it. My friend told me about the door, but couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Now I can fix it.

Sister's description in character menu will be modified  in next update - thanks

Kara's phone options should be disabled, could you upload save with this option enabled? It would be great help

You can get Jane's number at the end of the tour IF you are confident enough to ask and she's friendly enough to give it to you.

I have nice idea how to get the sister away from father ;-). Mother is just lost for now.

Kara is in the phone but anything you select just causes the phone to close with nothing happening. Guess I'll get Jane's phone number later as I do everything with her except for the women's bathroom and when I head to the library I select the one to make her run away so that I can talk and get acquainted with Kara as I would suspect that if you do it while with Jane one of her stats might go down never tested it though I also wanted to get rid of her so that I could save outside the ladies bathroom and then keep entering/reloading save till I was able to take a picture safely without a fail. 

If the nice idea is a bullet to the back of his head then I'm all in it's not like anyone would ever miss the piece of shit. The daughter wouldn't notice he was gone the mom would know but that would be because I would bring her with so she can see the piece of shit get what he deserves and then she will dance on his dead body in glee till there was nothing left but a pile of goo the neighbors wouldn't notice other then that it is unusually really peaceful now because I'm pretty sure the neighbors hate his guts too but are probably too scared to do anything.

Never saw the 1st screenshot or the 3rd screenshot so I'm guessing those will be in the next update?

You should consider removing several plug-ins or moving away from MV. MV has memory leak issues and it's very noticeable in your game (and similar ones), it's just version 0.0.1 and it's already lagging and crashing with it eating away at RAM. IF you don't know about what i'm talking about, i recommend you check RPG Maker forums.

You're game could easily be made into Ren'py or Unity, or even RPG Maker VX Ace which is more stable.

The issue isn't weak hardware btw, it's faulty software (MV), they sorta fixed the issue with newer versions of MV but it's still very noticeable in games like this specially when you use so many JS.

Otherwise i quite liked your game besides the odd grammar error.

At the very least make several of the NPCs static because the AI is terrible in MV and eats resources.

Not much to say.

The introduction feels awkward. It doesn't feel real, when you talk about abuse, but claim he never abused the son but make it clear he verbally did sort of. What??? Just say he verbally abused me and my sister, but was worse for my mom. He actually physically hit her a few times in my past, which scared us even if he never touched us. 

Just a warning, the introduction makes me roll my eyes. You are super smart, fit, with a big dick... and a virgin. It gives the idea that this is a caricature, and not a realistic character we can empathize with. There are college freshmen who are smart, fit, with big dicks and a virgin, but it's not what you say it's how you say it. The way I read it, it just doesn't feel real, which kills immersion for me.

Opening plot feels fine but not for long.. Obviously there is a mix up where the university thinks you are a women, so they put you in the wrong dorms, that is fine so far. You meet your female roommate and she is ok with you being a dude, that's plausible and fine. Thing is if the dorms are segregated then when one of the other women on that level or the person in charge of the dorm finds out, then you would be kicked out. While this is still early, I feel like you need to deal with that reality. Create a logical reason why the main character stays in the female dorm.

I like the appearances of the screenshots so far. The two female characters look different, I just suggest that you include different body shapes, while the generic thing to do is have EVERYONE a DD cup women with a normal frame, I think it's more immersive to have a few petite women, with also a few voluptuous ones too.

Not much more to say as the demo lasts all of 6 minutes.

Keep up the good work.

Kara is in the phone but anything you select just causes the phone to close with nothing happening.

Finally found it, her phone shouldn't be activated, thanks for pointing it out

Never saw the 1st screenshot or the 3rd screenshot so I'm guessing those will be in the next update?

You can actually get all 3, but your relationship with Jane must be the best possible and she has to be with you for the 3rd. It's probably unrealistic, but sometimes I'm cought in the moment and overdo it.

You should consider removing several plug-ins or moving away from MV. MV has memory leak issues and it's very noticeable in your game (and similar ones), it's just version 0.0.1 and it's already lagging and crashing with it eating away at RAM. IF you don't know about what i'm talking about, i recommend you check RPG Maker forums.

You're game could easily be made into Ren'py or Unity, or even RPG Maker VX Ace which is more stable.

The issue isn't weak hardware btw, it's faulty software (MV), they sorta fixed the issue with newer versions of MV but it's still very noticeable in games like this specially when you use so many JS.

Otherwise i quite liked your game besides the odd grammar error.

At the very least make several of the NPCs static because the AI is terrible in MV and eats resources.

Will look at the plugins. I've read the main culprit might be resolution, if the issue becomes unbearable, I might have to change it.

I'm not as skilled programmer as I want to be, so RPG maker is easiest solution
for me right now. I do enjoy Ren'py games though. Maybe next one.

Can you point out some odd grammar. English isn't my native language, so many mistakes are expected  :shy:

Not much to say.

The introduction feels awkward. It doesn't feel real, when you talk about abuse, but claim he never abused the son but make it clear he verbally did sort of. What??? Just say he verbally abused me and my sister, but was worse for my mom. He actually physically hit her a few times in my past, which scared us even if he never touched us. 

Just a warning, the introduction makes me roll my eyes. You are super smart, fit, with a big dick... and a virgin. It gives the idea that this is a caricature, and not a realistic character we can empathize with. There are college freshmen who are smart, fit, with big dicks and a virgin, but it's not what you say it's how you say it. The way I read it, it just doesn't feel real, which kills immersion for me.

If someone else will have the same feeling as you, I'll probably make some rewrites, but the father doesn't abuse son or sister at all (right now), he's actualy proud of himself for how the player is smart.

He mentally torments mother, which is in MO worse then beating.
Reason for sons virginity is simple. He's focused on helping his family and he fears to become his father, so he's alone.  Also those were first lines I ever wrote, so they suck.

XJ347, on 30 Apr 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Opening plot feels fine but not for long.. Obviously there is a mix up where the university thinks you are a women, so they put you in the wrong dorms, that is fine so far. You meet your female roommate and she is ok with you being a dude, that's plausible and fine. Thing is if the dorms are segregated then when one of the other women on that level or the person in charge of the dorm finds out, then you would be kicked out. While this is still early, I feel like you need to deal with that reality. Create a logical reason why the main character stays in the female dorm.

I like the appearances of the screenshots so far. The two female characters look different, I just suggest that you include different body shapes, while the generic thing to do is have EVERYONE a DD cup women with a normal frame, I think it's more immersive to have a few petite women, with also a few voluptuous ones too.

Not much more to say as the demo lasts all of 6 minutes.

Keep up the good work.

The length depends on the choices you make. It can take from 6 to 15 min.

The college and dorm rules are based more on my country educational system, where you can visit any floor if you're allowed to enter the building at all. The reason for player to be there is explained in the newest version. 

Thank you all for your responce.

I just tried the demo and it looks supercool! It's short and Jane is a little too fast to respond to your flirting if you want my opinion, but overall I liked it very much.

I agree XJ347 that the introduction feels a little awkward, and maybe it needs to be explained a little better in order to make it more realistic, it would improve immersion. I also liked the differents models you used.

So, all in all, it was very short and there's some weird phrasing (I'm no native speaker either as you can guess, but still..) but it has great potential, if it keeps it up in the next few builds I'll definetly jump on your patreon's wagon.

I agree XJ347 that the introduction feels a little awkward, and maybe it needs to be explained a little better in order to make it more realistic, it would improve immersion. I also liked the differents models you used.

I feel confident enough to write better intro now. After all those were my first lines I've ever wrote. It definitely isn't going to be in version 0.0.2 as it's already released.
And I probably won't make it to 0.0.3 either as I want to add more playable content.

Great start! I love Jane. And it's pretty unusual to see that protagonist not a pussy, like in many similar games, but can be man from the very first minutes of the game. Jane definitely liked that. 

I wanted to give player several distinct options, which leads to different outcomes. I guess it'll bite me in the ass later in development (already pinches me hard), but it's definitely more fun.  :shy:

• 2 weeks later...

There were a few spelling errors, grammatical errors, and punctuation errors, and it did lag my laptop when it got to bigger spaces. Plus, the way you move does feel a bit awkward, having to use the mouse to move your person. And in the name select screen, I couldn't find a backspace/delete button. Just a few things that need to be fixed. But all in all, not too bad

@Averagefunnydude34

Moving around is almost always done with the mouse button for these types of games just click the spot you want to go to and they'll go to it sometimes you have to click the route if there is something in the way the backspace/delete button is always the ESC key with these types of games.

I do speak english, but I've never written that much. So this is somewhat a practice for me. Plus there is literally no czech community for adult gaming. Also I have slight dyslexia (sometimes I read the words wrong) and reading and writing helps a lot.

• 1 month later...

New free version and new patreon only version released
Link

Cumulative changelog from 0.0.25 to 0.0.35a
from 0.0.25 to 0.0.3c
added 4 new maps
added one great app in cellphone
added 10 events - various lengths - will be expanded
fixed lots of bugs I don't remember

from 0.0.3c to 0.0.35a
4 events added
updated Jane's dressing event(s)
rerendered (almost) all pictures from "first room visit" event
added all important "No sweater" pictures for Kara
revamped relationship system
integrated "massage skill" skill
fixed bug, when player could activate glowing star at "first room visit" from under the bed, thus cousing crash later on in the event.
fixed some other minor bug, I've forgot to write down

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How do we increase friendship with the sister, I keep texting her but I never get a +1 for anything

The sister is not yet integrated among main characters, hopefully my patrons will vote for her soon. I want to introduce her soon.

When I go to massage and try to proceed she says she has nothing to teach me. I have done the legs and back massage and my massage level is decent massuer

It's still under development and you've reached de end for now.

OK I haven't played this in a long time. Lets see how this goes.

• Intro is much better then the first draft.
  • Sister incest hook bores me. You did nothing wrong, that is a personal opinion.
  • The inner monologue is awkward for me. "I wish there was no towel between us" LOL it feels very lame. You are FORCING the player to act pathetic. I thought these games were about choice of how to role play.
  • Headmistress looks 25. Little young? Kind of pandering... /sigh
  • Goth girl?? That is not goth... She is cute though.
  • Conversations have felt good until the orientation by Ms Townsley. The wording just feels awkward and forced. People don't talk this way.
  • "I'm not good at Information Technologies" WHAT? People don't casually call it that as a class,if you were learning to code you would call it Computer Science. IT is a generic term people use in the real world but in college they don't use it that way.  Just say I am not good at computers...
  • OK I have been playing a LONG time and I have only seen a single sex scene... I was expecting more, slow burn is good, but It's been a LONG time and i'm still waiting with my red head.

Serious improvement since the last time I played. Things make better sense now, though I'm ready for the pace to pick up. Keep up the good work.

How do we increase friendship with the sister, I keep texting her but I never get a +1 for anything

The sister is not yet integrated among main characters, hopefully my patrons will vote for her soon. I want to introduce her soon.

When I go to massage and try to proceed she says she has nothing to teach me. I have done the legs and back massage and my massage level is decent massuer

It's still under development and you've reached de end for now.

Okay, I figured as much for the massage, and can't wait to meet the sister ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there currently a walk thrue for this game ?? because i dont understand the concept or how to play this game. the only thing i can do so far is either go to school in the morning talk to the girl in library and leave the room at 21:00 when the roomate says i need to leave the room ??

When i go to the gym it says i cant do nothing how am i going to use the gym is there some time limit when everything can be done ??

Archived