KWSV (Kinky World Sunset Valley) LOTS [WIP] (Updated 24July17)

Please report any problems, behaviour issues, and difficulties in this thread. Discussion thread for ideas, progress reports, etc., located here.

KWSV is a rebuild project to make the base town for Sims 3 a better place for Kinky World (and in general).

Design Priorities:

No Kids - Babies, Toddlers, Children, and Pregnancies have been eliminated from game start-up.
Rabbithole Waste - Huge tracts of land are wasted with Rabbithole Locations. Where viable, combine rabbitholes with other functions and usable space.
Access - give Sims access to skill building and entertainment objects. give Sims easy access to beds for spontaneous sexual encounters (Not that beds are needed) and for street living. (This tucks nicely into picking up the Rabbithole Waste, too)
Dark Times - The town has gone downhill. Old established families like the Landgraabs and the Goths have abandoned the town for brighter horizons. The biggest money in town these days is in organized crime, and the population seems to have followed suit. This is not a town of 'good people' - rape, exhibition, and just plain loving to fuck are fairly common traits. Incest isn't rare. More than a few are flat-out evil. (All citizens have at least one KW trait)

Currently Posted Locations (most recent uploads listed first):

New this update:

Forgot one - The Hole In The Wall (updated)

This change only moves the rabbit hole door to make it functional.

The Hole In The Wall.Sims3Pack(v.0.2).rar

2 New Lots + 3 Updated Lots

Save games to follow soon. My brain was turning to drippy dren with the prep work and needed to break away for a couple days. So - a new set of paintings in the Wall Art thread, and here's some of the updated lots from the pending save game. (Save games, actually - all male and all female will follow right behind mixed population)

Because brain is all melty, there's no expanded preview info beyond the pics, and the download links are right here instead of below. It'll get sorted when the big clean up comes through to make things more presentable/findable.

28 Hour Wellness Gym

post-771484-0-22930200-1500142792_thumb.jpg

28 Hour Wellness Gym.(v.0.1).Sims3Pack.rar

Oasis Bistro

post-771484-0-15904600-1500142834_thumb.jpg

Old Pier Beach & Oasis Bistro.(v.0.1).Sims3Pack.rar

Mirabello Plaza (Updated - v.0.2)

post-771484-0-83807400-1500142819_thumb.jpg

Mirabello Plaza.(v.0.2).Sims3Pack.rar

The Gilded Gator (Updated - v.0.2)

post-771484-0-71911900-1500142866_thumb.jpg

The Gilded Gator (Hotel).(v.0.2).Sims3Pack.rar

KWSV High School (Updated - v.0.2)

post-771484-0-05155500-1500142807_thumb.jpg

KWSV High School.(v.0.2).Sims3Pack.rar

Civic Center Multipack - Contains 3 lots, replacing City Hall, Police Station and Military Base, and adding big show venue.

The Working Girls - Replacing the Working Friends with what will someday be a whorehouse when KW supports it.

The Working Girls Party Pool - Replacing the pool behind the Working Friends, visually integrating more with the front house.

Landgraab Ind. Science Lab - Added Chemisty, Inventing, Gem Cutting/Polishing and more in a learning annex.

KWSV High School (Rabbithole Version) - Rabbithole version for when you want the facilities, but don't want the system strain of the High School, and don't want all those little bastards running loose during the day.

KWSV High School - formerly the mutant-free school for the gifted.

The Hole In The Wall - formerly the Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. Rabbithole Door located outside bar for 24 hour access.
Romany Hollow - formerly Maywood Glen. Now overgrown with Gypsy Wagon and Snake Charming Basket made available.
Papyrus Memorial Library - now has added 3rd floor Music Room with access to piano, bass, drums & guitar.
Sunset Institute of Modern Art - now has Art Exploration Zone with Easel, Drafting Table, and Sculpting Station access
Le Petit Shark Pool Center - now hosting Pool Sharks down in the pool-level pool hall.
Mirabello Plaza - rebuilt with added arcade & nightclub, as well as the Little Corsican Bistro moved from across the street. (This is still in construction and play testing to see how it handles crowds & traffic flow. Parts may be relocated if the system is overwhelmed or confused by it all)
The Gilded Gator - a Hotel for your KW call girls to work.

Location Details:

Civic Center Multipack:

post-771484-0-58167800-1495986304_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-88621300-1495986535_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-82766200-1495986289_thumb.jpg

City Hall has been replaced by the construction zone for the planned Civic Center that never quite happened. Currently it is primarily a space holder, allowing players a big lot that can easily be sacrificed, and eventually a tomb is planned to be found here. Meanwhile, it has a few little things, and is a good source of scrap.

The Police Station has been replaced by the "temporary" Civic Center, serving the functions of City Hall, Police and Military. It also adds a couple of photo booths and a mini-park memorial, while being sure to leave plenty of white walls accessible for tagging. (Because where's better for a rebel to tag than a government building?)

The Military Base has been replaced with the Blast-Off Arena, adding a big show venue to the town.

As you might note in the pictures, the Construction Zone uses a custom billboard for Naked Financial Services (No hidden fees, No special charges - Give us your money, we'll treat it like our own)

It's available below, just above the Lots.

REQUIRES either the full Rabbithole Rugs package or the individual Civic Center Rug package, both available in the Requirements section below.

The Working Girls:

post-771484-0-12208800-1495778191_thumb.jpg

Our first household! The Working Girls replace the Working Friends. When Kinky World has the whorehouse mechanics up and running, this will be overhauled to take advantage. Until then, it's just the girls in the house, waiting for the license to come through. You can play, you just can't pay. The girls are all flirty exhibitionists who love to woohoo... nope, can't bring myself to seriously say that. The girls are all flirty exhibitionists who love to fuck.

Yeah, that sounds better.

EDIT: Oops. I forgot to include clothing for the girls. As mentioned in the discussion thread, Lorandia's outfits are used a fair bit in town. Here's a few of the ones used by the Working Girls. I'll do a more comprehensive search later today. (Though for all i know, the sims3pack includes the clothing?)

Lorelei green top
Letti Pants
Letti Top (this is the top used for my Whore career outfit, too)
Miko Top
Miko Formal
Miko Exercise top

Two More clothing items from other sources:

Julie J's Female Sexy Top (worn by Letti)
Marcos Edson's T-back Style Thongs (worn by Letti and Lorelei)

SEE THE NEW CLOTHING SECTION BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS, AND FOR OTHER CLOTHING ITEMS WORN BY KWSV RESIDENTS

The Working Girls' Party Pool:

post-771484-0-72865100-1495778205_thumb.jpg

Replaces the Lofty Cerulean Blue Pool, located behind the Working Girls/Working Friends house. This is a poolside club, with bartender, karaoke, dancefloor, firewalk, foosball, firepit, and bubbles. Plus pool, of course.

The pool, as you can see, uses the KWSV-PoolMosaics pack located just below the pool download. (This pack will replace the highschool mosaic pack on the next update, as it is geared to hold multiple pool mosaics and can be expanded as needed later)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Glory Hole Gate (available in soft requirements below) is used here, too. (Inside the house)

Landgraab Industries Science Lab:

post-771484-0-04741100-1495778174_thumb.jpg

It's SCIENCE! (Sorry, no Dr. Radium) Explore the mysteries of Science without having to spend a fortune on gear.

This lot slightly modifies the original fishing hole, but doesn't change any of the fish spawners.

KWSV High School (Rabbithole Version):

post-771484-0-03658600-1495777976_thumb.jpg

If you're like me, you don't really want the KW High School eating up system resources when you don't have a teen attending school. This is the same as the the school below, with the exception of the Rabbithole Door. Replace the regular KWSV High School with this one, and make sure High School is turned off in the KW settings. Now it acts like the usual school lot, but you've got access to the facilities.

REQUIRES either the combined Rabbithole Rug pack, or the KWSVHS School Rug pack. (see Requirements section for download)

KWSV High School:

post-771484-0-00218300-1494816847_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-17462900-1494816945_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-66998500-1494816790_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-84599100-1494816818_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-72144300-1494816899_thumb.jpg

To use the high school, be sure to enable High Schools in the Global Options menu of Kinky World Settings.

Enable both High School and High School Auto Management in the sub-menu. This will hire teachers and staff and get everything running for you.

There is an extra download option this time for the custom decorations used for the school. That package is an archive of 10 object files used, including the Simlish Periodic Table of the Elements posted in my Wall Art thread, so you don't need to go get that.

The current school team is The Grip, with school colours of purple & pink. The plan is include variation options with different logos & colours. Suggestions are welcome, and needed even. After all, we wound up with a flying dildo logo because i was too tired to think when i needed artwork for testing. So an earlier off-hand reference mixed with an old joke from my son (What's the difference between pink and purple? The grip.) mixed to give us the current icon.

You can change this.

The Hole In The Wall:

post-771484-0-72294400-1494113887_thumb.jpg

Occupies the former location of the Outstanding Citizen's Corporate Warehouse, replacing the massive rabbithole waste of location space. Now a western themed dive bar with a suspicious amount of money behind it. This location makes use of The Exotic Pole and Exotic Dancer Stage listed in the requirements below.

Romany Hollow:

post-771484-0-90978200-1494113341_thumb.jpg

Located on the former Maywood Glen lot, Romany Hollow has a few little extras, and is best visited at night.

Special Installation Instructions: Set the lot back to 'small park' after bulldozing, before placing the new lot. After placing the lot, check too be sure the lot type is set to 'Graveyard'. You should get a pop-up telling you that the type cannot be reset due to a special building. That's fine; you want that. This gives the location the attractors of a small park, but the moodlet of a graveyard.

Le Petit Shark Pool Center

post-771484-0-80530800-1494003289_thumb.jpg

Now features Pool Hall with serve-yourself bar. (If you want to have a bartender, change lot type to Poolside Club. But be aware that will limit access hours)

Papyrus Memorial Library

post-771484-0-83870700-1494003403_thumb.jpg

Add 3rd floor music room with Piano, Bass, Guitar, and Electric Guitar. Note that sims may gather to watch, so extra space & seating available.

Sunset Institute of Modern Art

post-771484-0-69663200-1494003519_thumb.jpg

Now with Art Exploration Zone so sims can learn without having to first buy Easel, Drafting Table, or Sculpting Station.

Mirabello Plaza:

post-771484-0-67078700-1493446398_thumb.jpg

As mentioned in the comments below, this is a premature release to go hand-in-hand with the Gilded Gecko.

That said, you should find it perfectly serviceable.

If you've read the discussion linked above, you know one of the main intents of KWSV is to reduce rabbithole waste. So, in addition to moving the Little Corsican Bistro here, the food market has been replaced by a much smaller structure, and the new theatre uses the ground floor for the base rabbithole functions while providing new places to get together and interact:

post-771484-0-70477700-1493446426_thumb.jpg

The new arcade features game room and bathrooms. I ripped out the current nightclub installation because it's an experimental test zone currently. Since it's not ready for public consumption, the main entrance is currently obstructed:

post-771484-0-69550200-1493446441_thumb.jpg

While not finished, the plaza is still in a very usable state, and parts are fully decorated:

post-771484-0-52609100-1493446460_thumb.jpg

I know how annoying it can be to have basic routines disrupted. You're dropped off at the curb to get your groceries, but now the store faces the plaza interior. WTF? Extra walking! Who's the frellnik responsible for this?!

post-771484-0-90416000-1493446471_thumb.jpg

The Gilded Gator hotel:

post-771484-0-60978100-1493361551_thumb.jpg

The Gilded Gator is built on the Little Corsican Bistro lot. Go ahead and bulldoze the bistro, as it has moved across the street to the Mirabello Plaza (above).
While Sunset Valley seems to be a thoroughly Simerican city, the hotel was built in a more international style. (That means the communal bathroom is down the hall.) While there are two bathrooms on the ground floor, they are universal usage with unmarked doors.

My experience with the hotel so far has been very good. Isabella has constant business as clients gather when she's whoring there. She'll service her johns in all the rooms, the bathrooms, the penthouse, and the stairwell. While she does have a tendency to Hang Around where she finishes up, that's not a hard rule. She'll head back downstairs to solicit clients if nobody comes up to proposition her.
Several counter areas are clear and available for strip tease dancing, if the urge occurs.

The bar does not sell food, but there's a vending machine for hungry whores working long shifts.
One thing as yet untested here (but works fine elsewhere) is the pair of glory-hole gates outside the building.

Requirements:

Oniki's Kinky World (Actually, you could use it as just a building. But KW makes it work.)

Everything required by Kinky World, too, of course.

Most KWSV lots use some of Cyclonsue's great works. To keep things simple, KWSV uses material from the same 4 mods that Jolie Rouge uses for Fleabottom:
Bridge Lane Depot
Bridge Lane Halt
Bridge Lane Junction
Bridge Lane Station

RabbitHole Doors/Rugs

These are used to replace the default rabbithole buildings. Currently you'll find two options in the downloads below. The first has only those used by current lots. The other has all the rugs & doors bundled together. (Thanks, J.R.!)

If you haven't used them before, click on the door of the building (or rug, as applicable) to access the usual rabbithole options.

All Rabbitholes:

all_Rabbitrugs_doors.rar

or

Individual Locations:

MirabelloRabbitholes.rarHoleInTheWallRabbithole.rarKWSVHS-SchoolRug.rarCivicCenterRug.rar

The Exotic Pole by Puss 'N Heels

Adds Pole giving players the option to have their sim dance (and strip), or request other sims to do so.

To function as described above, two other packages are required, but the links were dead, so they're bundled together for you here:

AnimatedPoledancing.rar

Used by The Hole In The Wall and by KWSV High School

Exotic Dancer's Stage by Misukisu

Adds NPC sim dancer/stripper to clubs.

Used by The Hole In The Wall

Glory Hole Gate by Lady Moiraine

As suggested by Amra72 to accompany the KW Animations package. So you probably have it already anyway, but this note is to be sure.

Used by The Gilded Gator

Yoga Rug by Kitabalibar

If you don't use it, a generic rug should appear instead. No biggie. Pretend it's a wrestling mat.

Used by KWSV High School

Sims 3 Decor - Wall Art

KWSV lots frequently make use of my custom poster/painting/billboards. These are not hard requirement files, but you'll wind up with some items possibly looking odd.

Gilded Gator uses Stars Have Fans - Set I and Dreaming - Set I

Mirabello Plaza uses Dorm Room Posters - Set I

Evil Clown Cologne For Men (used by The Gilded Gator):

This is a custom re-texture of one of Cyclonsue's billboards from the Bridge Lane sets above.

Here is the image on the billboard:

post-771484-0-28557200-1493361566_thumb.jpg

As always, available in both sims3pack and package flavors.

Evil Clown Billboard:

EvilClownBillboard.package.rarEvilClownBillboard.sims3pack.rar

Naked Financial Billboard, used by Civic Center Construction Lot:

This is a custom retexture of a Sims expansion billboard (EP6?). If you don't use it, a standard realty billboard will appear instead.

Here is the image of the billoard:

post-771484-0-92612000-1495986473_thumb.jpg

Naked Financial Services Billboard:

NakedFinancialBillboard01.package.rarNakedFinancialBillboard01.sims3pack.rar

CLOTHING:

Custom content used in KWSV wardrobe.

The great majority of female clothing comes from Lorandia, and the Lorandia Sims 3 clothing collection is highly recommended for Kinky World play.

Here are the Lorandia clothing items currently in my library while working on the town:

post-771484-0-09997100-1498367824_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-61374300-1498367840_thumb.jpg

For the download to any item in the above images, use this URL:

http://www.lorandiasims3.com/moreviews.php?cat=clothing&id=NNN
Replace NNN with the 3 digit number marking the item you desire.

Two other items currently in use are:

Julie J's Female Sexy Top

post-771484-0-34055800-1498367008_thumb.jpg

available at Sexy Sims

and

Marcos Edson's T-back Thongs

post-771484-0-56692300-1498367101_thumb.jpg

also available at Sexy Sims. The thongs come in a 3-pack: standard, transparent, and fish-net.

More clothing items (and male clothing items) to follow as more Sims become available.

KWSV LOTS:

(Note: Lots are now available as sims3pack only, due to general cluelessness in prepping the package files.)

Civic Center Multipack:

KWSV Civic Center Multipack.rar

The Working Girls:

Working Girls.Sims3Pack.rar

The Working Girls' Party Pool:

Working Girls' Party Pool.Sims3Pack.rar

KWSV Pool Mosaics:

KWSV-PoolMosaics01.sims3pack.rarKWSV-PoolMosaics01.package.rar

Landgraab Ind. Science Lab:

Landgraab Ind Science Facility.Sims3Pack.rar

KWSV High School (Rabbithole Version):

KWSV High School (rabbithole).Sims3Pack.rar

KWSV High School:

KWSV High School.Sims3Pack.rar

Custom Decorations for the school:

KWSVHScustomsigns.package.rarKWSVHScustomsigns.sims3pack.rar

The Hole In The Wall:

The Hole In The Wall.Sims3Pack.rar

Romany Hollow:

Romany Hollow.Sims3Pack.rar

Le Petit Shark Pool Center:

Le Petit Shark Pool Center.Sims3Pack.rar

Papyrus Memorial Library:

Papyrus Memorial Library.Sims3Pack.rar

Sunset Institute of Modern Art:

Sunset Institute of Modern Art.Sims3Pack.rar

Mirabello Plaza:

Mirabello Plaza.Sims3Pack.rar

The Gilded Gator:

TheGildedGator.Sims3Pack.rar

Note:

This is my first time exporting more than a single object, and the sims3pack might actually include the required objects. I can't really tell since everything already exists on my system, so please let me know if one format or the other has any issues.

Of course, any troubles and/or potential improvements are most welcome.

Enjoy!

My plan today is to make a clean version of Mirabello Plaza - remove all the construction for the night club and other testing clutter. I'll upload that tonight so that the Gilded Gator can be used in its proper location without losing the Little Corsican Bistro. It won't be fully 'ready' for release, but it'll be fully functional for game play, with added Arcade, Bathrooms and Viewing room.

So that should be uploaded tonight.

Meanwhile, another little project has popped up that combines this and the Wall Art series:

post-771484-0-83609700-1493406608_thumb.jpg

Seriously! Every damn hotel and business seems to decorate with cheap landscape paintings, but they're conspicuously absent from the buy menu. Landscape paintings are high-end art with big price tags.

So this morning's project was 3 more paintings based on Sims 3 screens, as seen above with the previous Bridgeport test. The next update to The Gilded Gator will update the in-room paintings, but the reason for this particular ramble was to call for screens. I know there are Sims 3 picture threads, but rather than go hunting there, and then try to contact each poster for permission to use their pics it seems more practical to ask straight up for screen caps with permission included. Pics that are painted will be uploaded in collections and used in KWSV locations.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, looking for 'Star' pics for posters & billboards. Screens of performer Sims (and their names for promo type (in Simlish, of course))

EDIT: Tonight is now.

Original Post updated with new Mirabello Plaza lot.

This is some great work! I'm wondering if there's a tutorial or any specific things needed to do in order to run/make the hotel functional? Thanks!

Oh, sorry. I should have thought to include that info, and yesterday was off for maintenance.

Oniki made this very simple for us. After Kinky World is up and running, just click on the building and select KINKY from the pop-up menu. Select VENUE from the sub-menu, and then choose the HOTEL option.

That's it - you're done!

OP updated with three downtown replacement lots - Library, Pool & Museum

EDIT: And updated again - but, nope....   

I ain't triple posting.

That's why there's a date in the subject line.

EDIT: Um, yeah. Again.

School is now in session.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I have a mod conflict or perhaps I'm just doing something wrong, but if you could do a detailed install instructions for this, that would be greatly appreciated. About half of the lots replaced the defaults no problem, but I can't seem to get the rest of them to load at all. 

Many thanks for the new facilities! Thanks for your work ! Now it will be even more interesting to play Sims 3!

THANK YOU !

My pleasure! (Literally, since they're made for me to play)

That was kind of the point. There's so much interesting stuff that isn't there, and Kinky World adds so much more, which also isn't there.

And, yes - that means learning how KW uses the DanceClub, Cocktail, and Restaurant venues, too. (In case folks were wondering)

I don't know if I have a mod conflict or perhaps I'm just doing something wrong, but if you could do a detailed install instructions for this, that would be greatly appreciated. About half of the lots replaced the defaults no problem, but I can't seem to get the rest of them to load at all. 

Are you using the sim3pack or package files? Which are giving you trouble, which work fine?

I've been busy all day (see below) but i'll check back frequently for your reply.

Meanwhile...

Busy day. To go through and balance the population of the town, data needs collecting and organizing so as to view the big picture and see what's needed and what's overdone.

I've been conducting a census of the current population, gathering Traits and info, as well as 'photos' to see how things balance visually. I'm an idiot, though. Didn't think to start gathering everybody's bio text until halfway through. Back again...

And there's still at least a couple dozen to go.

Most of the data is built in tables for my convenience while working, but the individual pics used in the charts have also been collected into easy group browsing sets. Might as well show those to give a teaser of what's coming for the town population. (I'm assuming that everyone has perused the discussion thread, so you already have an idea that most characters come with story 'challenges', too)

So for the first few dozen surveyed, here's composite images - faces and fashions. Both sets are in the same order for easy reference, even though only the fashion set has names.

(Yes, i do tend to get carried away with how i work. Move along)

post-771484-0-48928100-1494901996_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-66539700-1494902056_thumb.jpg

post-771484-0-95195800-1494902015_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-49599500-1494902073_thumb.jpg

post-771484-0-77832700-1494902028_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-38215100-1494902081_thumb.jpg

post-771484-0-83944200-1494902042_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-57485700-1494902093_thumb.jpg

Are you using the sim3pack or package files? Which are giving you trouble, which work fine?

I've been busy all day (see below) but i'll check back frequently for your reply.

Thanks for the quick reply and your hard work! The library, pool, hollow, and museum all worked well for me, the others not so much. I am using package files. 

Edit: Off topic, and I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to entirely populate your town with just females?

Thanks for the quick reply and your hard work! The library, pool, hollow, and museum all worked well for me, the others not so much. I am using package files. 

Edit: Off topic, and I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to entirely populate your town with just females?

It sounds like the lots that use Cyclonsue's custom items are giving you trouble. That could be due to either you not having grabbed & installed them from the requirments links in the OP, or my export from the sim3pack files is entirely at fault.

Did you try the (folder) version of the package file for the High School? (If not, just drop the whole folder into your mods folder) If that works when the standard package option does not, then it's all my export. That's very possible, hence the (folder) option being offered.

I'd say On Topic, since the previous post featured population samples.

Actually, the notion of offering two alternate versions of the population - one all female, one all male - had already occured to me. So, yeah - it's entirely possible. But not until after the base mixed version is completed. But the single sex versions would likely have considerably fewer story challenges written into the biographies.

EDIT: The exports have been a source of potential concern for me from day one, as my little comments here & there have indicated. If anyone else wants to add input on how things are or are not working for them, it would be a classic "good thing"

Meanwhile - completed the census today. My guess of 2 dozen more was exactly accurate, as long as we only count 2-leggers. (For instance: Vic, obviously to some, has a dog)

Here's the compiled visual records:

post-771484-0-20927000-1494973468_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-22646800-1494973486_thumb.jpg

post-771484-0-61757800-1494973506_thumb.jpgpost-771484-0-57106300-1494973523_thumb.jpg

Now to start sorting through all the traits and balancing against all the lot attractors and such. Then back to individualizing homes for a bit.

*sigh* beats rewriting disappeared bios. That'll wait for a fresher me.

First, I should apologize for my English, it's not my native language, but I hope I can express myself in understandable way.

I'm very interested in this project, but I have simple problem - I can't find link to download KWSV itself.
I've downloaded and installed all requirements and KWSV LOTS , started new game in Sunset Valley, but no change there is visible. Is this some kind of resource pack, where I should adjust city by myself, replacing old city lots with new one?

Thanks for your interest.

Currently, KWSV is only  these sample lots while it is under development. Eventually it will be a single save file incorporating all the changes, but for now you have to install the lots yourself.

To do so, first import the sim3pack using the Launcher, or place the package file in your mods directory. (Still waiting for confirmation on the package files working properly, so the sim3pack might be the better choice for now)

After installing the lots, open your game with Sunset Valley and go to Edit Town mode.

For each lot you wish to use, click on the bulldozer icon and level the original lot, then click on the new location in the Community Lots menu and place it where the old lot was.

To use the Hotel and High School properly, you'll need to register each with Kinky World. To do so (after Kinky World is turned on via settings) simply click on the buildings and select Kinky>Venue and then the appropriate type, either hotel or high school.

For the High School, you will first need to turn on High School support in the Global Options of KW's Settings menu.

I think that covers the basics, hopefully clearly enough for your understanding. Feel free to ask for clarifications as needed.

Oops, maybe.

I skipped one kind of obvious step.

You should install the mods listed in the REQUIREMENTS section first, especially the Bridge Lane mods and the Rabbithole Rugs&Doors package.

The other things listed tell you where they're used so you can decide if you want them, like the Exotic Dancer stage & Pole.

Other things are purely decorative, and won't make a difference in game play, only some minor atmospheric visuals.

And, of course, it's probably a pretty good idea to be running Kinky World. But not necessary, unless you want the Hotel and High School to function as such.

I am confused.  I have been waiting for Sunlit Valley thinking it's a new take of downtrodden/evil worlds akin to Fleabottom or nwa2000's Nightmare Valley. 

There is only Sunlit "Tides" and it's a EA store world.  So the project's goal is a save file with replacement lots and sims for people who have bought Sunlit Tides?

It sounds like the lots that use Cyclonsue's custom items are giving you trouble. That could be due to either you not having grabbed & installed them from the requirments links in the OP, or my export from the sim3pack files is entirely at fault.

Did you try the (folder) version of the package file for the High School? (If not, just drop the whole folder into your mods folder) If that works when the standard package option does not, then it's all my export. That's very possible, hence the (folder) option being offered.

I'd say On Topic, since the previous post featured population samples.

Actually, the notion of offering two alternate versions of the population - one all female, one all male - had already occured to me. So, yeah - it's entirely possible. But not until after the base mixed version is completed. But the single sex versions would likely have considerably fewer story challenges written into the biographies.

EDIT: The exports have been a source of potential concern for me from day one, as my little comments here & there have indicated. If anyone else wants to add input on how things are or are not working for them, it would be a classic "good thing"

Meanwhile - completed the census today. My guess of 2 dozen more was exactly accurate, as long as we only count 2-leggers. (For instance: Vic, obviously to some, has a dog)

Here's the compiled visual records:

attachicon.gifKWSVpopbods05.JPGattachicon.gifKWSVpopfaces05.JPG

attachicon.gifKWSVpopbods06.JPGattachicon.gifKWSVpopfaces06.JPG

Now to start sorting through all the traits and balancing against all the lot attractors and such. Then back to individualizing homes for a bit.

*sigh* beats rewriting disappeared bios. That'll wait for a fresher me.

Yeah I went back and did the folder download but still nothing. For the ones that did work via package, they simply replaced the default locations as soon as I opened the game. I don't have access to them on the lot editor at all. I'll have to give the sim3pack's a try.

If you were able to offer the entirely populated by one gender option that would be awesome! In the mean time though, is there any way in which to manually do it myself, perhaps through NRAAS' tools are something along those lines?

this sounds good but 1 major thing. if u gonna do this its best to fix the pathing that maxis fucked up.

look at this guys works. he fixed alot of pathing for alot of maps.

Yup - familiar with the routing fixed version of town.

I am confused.  I have been waiting for Sunlit Valley thinking it's a new take of downtrodden/evil worlds akin to Fleabottom or nwa2000's Nightmare Valley. 

There is only Sunlit "Tides" and it's a EA store world.  So the project's goal is a save file with replacement lots and sims for people who have bought Sunlit Tides?

Sunset Valley, not Sunlit. It's the town/world that comes with the base game. It's for people who bought Sims 3 and use Kinky World, and generally use a lot of the expansions. But no store content is currently being used. Some custom content, as mentioned in the REQUIREMENTS section.

Yeah I went back and did the folder download but still nothing. For the ones that did work via package, they simply replaced the default locations as soon as I opened the game. I don't have access to them on the lot editor at all. I'll have to give the sim3pack's a try.

If you were able to offer the entirely populated by one gender option that would be awesome! In the mean time though, is there any way in which to manually do it myself, perhaps through NRAAS' tools are something along those lines?

Hmm...  really?

I had no idea that's how the lots work when exported. I thought downloaded lots go to the lot menu in the editor. That really limits the flexibility of use. How does someone use the hotel in a different town then?

I really need to go read up on the exporting somewhere. Anyone know a good guide to the technical side and export options?

Meanwhile, let's go visual on that second question, and run an export test.

This is Akira. She managed to escape the census:

post-771484-0-61826800-1495086997_thumb.jpg

Here's her export sim3pack:AkiraKusanagi.Sims3Pack.rar

and here's the two package file inside the sims3pack, bundled together: AkiraKusanagi.package.rar

Here's a visual guide to replacing a family (though you probably already know this)

post-771484-0-60895700-1495087091_thumb.jpg

That's the simple way to swap out the men in town, using female individuals or families from the Families Menu.

You can fix the amount of cash by using the FamilyFunds cheat to set it to the balance you desire.*

But do those files posted above put Akira in your menu to use?

I would think that she'd show up in the editor's famlies menu since she has not been assigned a home here. Please let me know, if you could, how that works.

To get more elaborate for setting up various circumstances you're correcting in thinking that nraas is the go-to. Master Controller is mod to go through and tweak all the hidden skills and parameters.

*If not familiar with the cheats/debug menu, it's accessed via the CTRL+SHIFT+C key combination mentioned above. Type the command:

testingcheatsenabled true

and then type

familyfunds familyname 1000

Replace familyname with the name of the household. Use quotes to bracket multi-word household names like "Working Girls"

Replace 1000 with the amount of cash you want for the household

Hmm...  really?

I had no idea that's how the lots work when exported. I thought downloaded lots go to the lot menu in the editor. That really limits the flexibility of use. How does someone use the hotel in a different town then?

I really need to go read up on the exporting somewhere. Anyone know a good guide to the technical side and export options?

I went back and tried the sims3pack. I can now edit the town exactly how you suggested.  

Thanks for letting me know on that. Your view from 'outside the fishbowl' has been very helpful. I've been operating on guess work in that regard.

Thanks again!

Of course! Thanks for all of your hard work. I hate rabbitholes lol. 

Updated with 3 1/2 new lots.

The Working Girls

The Working Girls' Party Pool

Landgraab Industries Science Lab

and a Rabbithole Version of KWSV High School, for those times when you want access to the facilities, but don't want the system strain of the High School, and still want the kids off the streets during the day.

Next up, more households after we see how this first one installs; updated Mirabello Plaza, and new Billboards.