KWSV (Kinky World Sunset Valley) LOTS [WIP] (Updated 24July17)

You're very welcome. It's fun 'work'.

Updated with 3-in-1 new lots. Single archive with Civic Center Construction, "Temporary" Civic Center, and Blast-Off Arena. Bundled together because all three function together, with one replacing the function of all three original locations.

The Mirabello Plaza update is delayed due to technical concerns. Last night there were 3 dozen sims on the lot. This leads me to wonder if each rabbithole door generates its own attractor, with cumulative effects. If so, both the theatre and the grocery should be remodeled, at the least, to remove their duplicate doors.

Does anyone have any specific technical knowledge in this area?

One new billboard used in the multipack. The other new billboards will wait until Mirabello (and Gilded Gator) update since they're not used elsewhere as yet. Billboards is a bit misleading. It's one billboard, with multiple image options. It uses the same mesh as, and replaces, the Evil Clown billboard.

And remember folks - your feed back counts. Some things have been heavily influenced by the few remarks made here & in the discussion thread. In fact, the High School (and subsequently the Hotel) wouldn't even exist without feedback. I generally don't play kids, and those few generally don't attend school. They were usually street kids, surviving on their own. So it really wasn't even on my radar.

You're very welcome. It's fun 'work'.

Updated with 3-in-1 new lots. Single archive with Civic Center Construction, "Temporary" Civic Center, and Blast-Off Arena. Bundled together because all three function together, with one replacing the function of all three original locations.

Does the Blast off arena require the Showtime Expansion. The building looks like the one in that.

Does the Blast off arena require the Showtime Expansion. The building looks like the one in that.

Yes, it does. I should have mentioned that explicitly.

One of those bits of feedback mentioned in the last post was to include Showtime venues.

If you don't use Showtime, then you can use the Civic Center Construction lot and the "Temporary" Civic Center lot, but either leave the Military Base, Bulldoze it empty, or place your own there. At least for now. Later there might be alternate lots available for different Expansion Pack support.

Meanwhile, tests with Mirabello Plaza using an asymmetric redesign of the theatre seem to be working better, with a sufficiently reduced crowd size. If things don't get insane outside the cave, the updated Mirabello Plaza and Gilded Gator will go up later today.

Still no feedback on whether or not the residential lot instals with no trouble, so we'll wait a bit on more residential lots. I'll see about trying to source what clothing is used by whom to start a Saved Sims dump for the town population. That's damn tedious work, first figuring out who's using what that isn't from EA, and then finding the links for the items.

I like the fun work better...

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I cant get this to work. I downloaded all the requirements but they wont appear. Do I have to place them manually or is there a gemeral file to change the world? If thre is I cant find it in your post :s

Not a dumb question at all, especially since it may well be my fault, even if you did things right.

If you grabbed package file versions of the lots, go back and get the sims3pack version instead. The package versions have been deleted because they don't seem to work properly.

At this stage, you do need to install the lots manually. Eventually it will be a save game file that hopefully handles most of it for you.

For the manual installation, after using the launcher to import/install the sims3pack files, use this 4 step process:

post-771484-0-14216400-1496344563_thumb.jpg

Hopefully, that'll answer all your questions.

And thanks for your question. I'll add this graphic & instructions to the main post on the next update.

At this stage, you do need to install the lots manually. Eventually it will be a save game file that hopefully handles most of it for you.

For the manual installation, after using the launcher to import/install the sims3pack files, use this 4 step process:

attachicon.gifReplacingLots01.JPG

Hopefully, that'll answer all your questions.

And thanks for your question. I'll add this graphic & instructions to the main post on the next update.

A note: before bulldozing any lot, make sure it's large enough for whatever building you want to place.

And a question: do you have to (manually) set the lot type after placing a custom building? Does the lot type have to match (at least one of) the building type(s) or the service provided?

Edit: I should add that I didn't try your stuff yet, but it looks veeeery interesting. I should play Sims 3 again  ^_^

A note: before bulldozing any lot, make sure it's large enough for whatever building you want to place.

And a question: do you have to (manually) set the lot type after placing a custom building? Does the lot type have to match (at least one of) the building type(s) or the service provided?

Edit: I should add that I didn't try your stuff yet, but it looks veeeery interesting. I should play Sims 3 again  ^_^

Good advice on the size checking, but in this case each lot is a replacement lot that was built on the assigned spot. So no worries there, and never any need to rotate the lot.

When dropping the lot into place, it should set to the proper type without any input from the user. The exception is Romany Hollow, where you want to set it as a small park before placement. The lot will reset as a graveyard, and give a message about not being able to change types due to special building. That's good - that's what we want. Small Park attractors and Graveyard moodlet.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a stupid question but I'm confused. Is this to create our own world, like to replace everything? Or is there a world download?

I think the final product is going to be a save file with all the KWSV created lots and sims already placed (you will still have to download and install both anyway), but for now you have to replace everything in Sunset Valley manually.

The savegame file should eliminate the need for the individual lot files. Given the size of the beast, it had damn well better. We should know before too long. While trapped offline, work has shifted toward getting a viable save game ready. I've gone back to a clean start, placing all the fully functional lots and leaving out the clubs (where heavy experimentation was taking place), the hospital (being redesigned to house an asylum), and a bunch of homes that were basically design playgrounds. In addition the currently available lots, the save has a modified Mirabello Plaza with the Bistro removed and only single entry points for the theatre and grocery market. This gave me a significantly improved traffic flow for the Sims. A new Bistro is under construction on the Old Pier Beach. This will give players the option of using the Bistro in either the original Little Corsican location or the new beach location, with hotel options for both. (See my new Kinky World Hotels thread) There is also an add-on to the 28 Hour Wellness Gym, and perhaps another community property change or two that is being forgotten at the moment.

The population of the town has been completely scrubbed, and most of the previously built population has been dumped. This is in an effort to cleanse a hideous disease that caused some women to manifest male bodies when naked. That census  of the town population is coming in real handy right about now. Besides the visual catalog of the citisims, it also recorded traits and biographies. Very helpful, and speeding things along nicely.

There's also a couple dozen 'clean' sims already on the system, and the new characters created for testing the above mentioned hotels, so there's likely to be some variance in the previously shown residents of KWSV.

Quite a few have customized homes or newly built homes, and more have slightly tweaked homes. Where found, corrections have been made to architecture - like roofing penetrating interior rooms, etc.,.  Most new and modified homes are designed and built with the exhibitionist and voyeur in mind. Tom Peeping will be happy, and so will Sims who love to flaunt it.

It won't be the fully rebuilt KWSV, but it will be fully playable - the first stage of an evolving town rather than continuing to piecemeal it while waiting for an integrated whole.

Hopefully my presence will be fairly regular now, but the junction that my router connects to is only partially restored. When the temp heats up, it starts to constantly reset until things cool down. With any luck, they'll get it more completely restored real damn soon, before the heat gets ugly.

If folks don't hear from me regularly, assume work proceeds apace as it has during the past couple weeks. (Though there'll always be little diversions along the way - like the hotel pack or various paintings - just to keep my mind fresh and keep things from getting stale.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the first version of the full save file was competed this weekend. But a problem appeared with women having male bodies when getting naked after the new build was completed.

I posted a request for testers to see if KWSV is working proper - if the problem i had was on the play end rather than the production end - but no replies. It may be that all is fine and dandy with the town & population. I've no way to tell. And until it's clear that the save file is fine for general use, it won't be openly posted.

(Note - Sorry, Funny25. Until results are in on the female population, work is underway on the all-male version first)

Honestly, I like the modular style of what you're doing, and its been working great for me.  When you get the kinks worked out, I'll definitely try it, I like what you've been putting up!

No worries! I'm not the type for force an all-or-nothing decision. The lots will still be up, and updated, along with the save game. I prefer the allow/encourage a mix&match approach to suit one's particular enjoyment needs. I'm also thinking about some more generic lots - designed & built to be dropped in any town rather than tailored to a specific location.

We've finally got one tester for the save game, and all seems to be going well. Meanwhile, this weekend should see some new & updated lots posted for you.

Well, the first version of the full save file was competed this weekend. But a problem appeared with women having male bodies when getting naked after the new build was completed.

I posted a request for testers to see if KWSV is working proper - if the problem i had was on the play end rather than the production end - but no replies. It may be that all is fine and dandy with the town & population. I've no way to tell. And until it's clear that the save file is fine for general use, it won't be openly posted.

(Note - Sorry, Funny25. Until results are in on the female population, work is underway on the all-male version first)

Not a problem lol. Just glad you're somewhat back!

This might be a bit of a stupid question. Has the population already been changed? In my sunset valley, children and toddlers are very much present. As are the Landgraabs. Non of the population has any kind of KW traits either, and the Frat boys and Extra girls don't show up.  So did I misread and has this not yet been implemented, or did I mess up the installation?

This might be a bit of a stupid question. Has the population already been changed? In my sunset valley, children and toddlers are very much present. As are the Landgraabs. Non of the population has any kind of KW traits either, and the Frat boys and Extra girls don't show up.  So did I misread and has this not yet been implemented, or did I mess up the installation?

The population remarks refer to the SaveGame version of KWSV. These are just individual lots, with only The Working Girls containing new sims.

A glitch appeared when running the SaveGame before posting last weekend, delaying the upload. It seems to be all-good with the one tester now running the game, but since there's no pressing demand for it, a bit of tweaking is being done before posting. This will allow more time for potential problems to manifest for our solo tester, too.

So, no - you're not doing anything wrong. The population is just held up in immigrations currently.

I guess that's to be expected these days...

The population remarks refer to the SaveGame version of KWSV. These are just individual lots, with only The Working Girls containing new sims.

A glitch appeared when running the SaveGame before posting last weekend, delaying the upload. It seems to be all-good with the one tester now running the game, but since there's no pressing demand for it, a bit of tweaking is being done before posting. This will allow more time for potential problems to manifest for our solo tester, too.

So, no - you're not doing anything wrong. The population is just held up in immigrations currently.

I guess that's to be expected these days...

Those damn travel bans! But seriously, thanks for getting back at me so quickly. Will definitely keep an eye on this.

Things going well with the testing - no sign of the horrors that appeared on first loading the Save to play. I suspect it was old cache data or something from the sys wiping  & swapping between route-fix and standard versions during the prep.

Meanwhile, we've found a few things that are getting cleaned, and a bit of population adjustment is taking place. Looks like perhaps 2 days work, and then we'll start posting SaveGame files.

Meanwhile - updated with 2 new and 3 revised lots today, pulled from the upcoming SaveGame.

Modified the High School to include RabbitHole School door, revised The Gilded Gator for better traffic flow, and Mirabello Plaza is updated to remove the Bistro and fix traffic issues on the sidewalk, as well as eliminating doubled rabbithole doors on the theatre and grocery.

New lots are the new location for the Bistro down at the beach, and an expansion for the Gym.

Good work on these replacements, and I thank you for releasing them in modules so we can pick and choose.

I'm only installing the Hole in the Wall and the Gilded Gator.

With that I have two questions:

1. Edit: Solved, it was due to removing homeless sims

2. For both of these, I'm not sure why cyclonesue's material is required. I checked those mods and it seems with my 2 lots I can ignore it? I'm trying to keep CC to a minimum now.

3. I made a few alterations to Hole in the Wall (more poles, and now with actual holes in the wall  :D ). I have a few female sims that I want to work there, but the trick is that I won't be playing them. Is there a way I can assign them to work the poles/gloryholes?

Edit: Nevermind, NRAAS Register does this trick for me! Would be great if there was an option to assign daily shifts on top of show times. Girls need some days off to do "freelance" work.

In the end I made quite a few changes to the back area where all the beds were. Added 3 glory holes, a bathing area, and removed the single bed. May swap one of the doubles for a single though. I converted the mini theater to a full stripper stage. Added platforms to make a "T" shape with a stripper assigned to each. 

Now to look for a way to change hours of operation.

Glad to hear you're personalizing it and making it your own.

However - My apologies. I didn't realize how sick i was getting when i posted the update, and in the process, the Hole In The Wall did not get updated when it should. So the version you've been tweaking has a problem.

It seems nobody uses the Criminal Career rabbit hole and it went unnoticed that the damn door didn't work where it was. (My inventor got a call to deliver scrap metal to them to make toys for an alleged 'toy drive', so i finally discovered the problem.)

I just posted the fixed version, but you might prefer to fix it yourself rather than redo the other work you've done. It's a simple fix. Add a 3x5 extension by the bull ride and move the door over. Repaint the ground and fix the roof. If you want to be pretty, drop a hidden room marker in the new extension.  It should look like so:

post-771484-0-75938100-1500914069_thumb.jpg

Still a bit shaky, and reality piled up while i was down. So things'll be a bit slow around here for a while.

I actually already did something similar. I downloaded the lot, but it took me a minute to realize that I never downloaded the RH door. I wondered why the hell Nick Alto was in my business career and that Ayesha was into social media. Then I downloaded the door and it worked where I had it. But I've got another problem I'm wondering if you help with (may be related to this though)

No npc sims frequent the club. I've given it over am in-game week and they only other person that showed up was a member of the paparazzi stalking my sim. 

So at first I thought it was due to the rabbithole door I placed, as when I tried to change lot type to "dance club" I got a message about a special building preventing Sims from using it as a club. So I quickly worked up a Sopranos style bistro with the doors and removed it from my club. But sims still are not using the lot.

Everything works in the club. I've got mixologists, a bouncer, and the girls. When I invite a sim to a night out on the town I can select the club and its normal, but we have the place to ourselves.

I know the message you're talking about - it shows up for a few locations since the system was designed with the idea that Rabbit Holes would use up entire lots. I usually keep the lot set as Dive Bar, and people show up shortly after my sim arrives. But, my recent sims haven't hung around in clubs much and something might have happened when other editing was taking place on the lot. I'm finally getting a chance to play for a bit tonight. I'll visit and see how it's working on my end.

Sounds good. I changed it from dive bar to dance club because the hours of operation more closely match a strip club.

Think it may just be too many venues in the town. I'll try setting Mike's place to no visitors allowed. Most of the time it seems that place is a hotspot, so I'll force sims to go elsewhere and see if it changes anything.