Theoretic Question

The Khan

I have a buff blonde Nord woman warrior, which I like taking around, and doing the usual questline.

But sometimes I want to go on naughty adventures. Buut I realized that a lot of mods make loading and resting far slower.

Is it theoretically possible to go vanilla at moments by disabling all plugins except, skyrim, update and DLC plugins and some day restart with open plugins to get back on lewding before getting back?

That... is a very very bad idea.

Any time you disable a mod mid-game, you're potentially introducing problems. Problems that can range from unnoticed to game-breaking. And they almost always get worse over time. Disabling a whole bunch, taking a save down to vanilla? You're guaranteed to introduce corruption. It might not be playable at all as soon as you try to load the game, and even if it works, it probably won't for very long.

Even if a mod has an uninstall option, and you clean your save with some script cleaner, it's not perfect.

There are some mods that are relatively safe to disable - mods that do simple things, like adding items, for example. But even then, when you disable a mod it makes alterations to your load order that can affect other mods in unexpected ways.

Hmm... also, SexLab fails at 93% installation, and no step in the forum helped it. can ANYONE help with that? Please?

SexLabFramework_v162_FULL // A problem occurred during install: 
'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\SexLab\Animations\Creatures' Access denied
The mod was not installed. // Install // 

It depends on which mods you're using... I know some mods let you disable them in the MCM so you only use them when you want... but typically it's a bad idea... Sexlab by itself won't slow your load times. It's more things like SexLab aroused and mods that actually implement Sexlab. 

Hmm... also, SexLab fails at 93% installation, and no step in the forum helped it. can ANYONE help with that? Please?

'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\SexLab\Animations\Creatures' Access denied

Are you using windows 10?

One suggestion (although, frankly, I haven't used it myself) is to go to Nexus and download "Mod Organizer."  (It might be here too, I don't know)

Then find the tutorial "Gopher" uploaded to U-tube.

As I understand it, it will let you play with multiple user/mod profiles.

For example:

Bone stock Skyrim with no mods at all.

Somewhat modded for regular play.

Very modded with lots of texture, game play, etc mods.

And full blown sex mods, with lots of followers and animations.

Also, check the prerequisites for each mod, also.  For example, some of the mods using SexLab won't even load without SKSE.

If anyone can provide actual links, please do.

Yes mein Herr

Here comes the fun part. I used skyrim a lot with mods until SOMETHING broke sexlab and made it uninstallable.

ANY ideas???

Yes mein Herr

Yes mein Herr

Here comes the fun part. I used skyrim a lot with mods until SOMETHING broke sexlab and made it uninstallable.

ANY ideas???

Yes mein Herr

Unfortunately I do not have any ideas for you but I can tell you that after spending over 2500 to get the most kick ass rig for the money, window 10 has destroyed my Skyrim and several other games.  What you will find is every so often mods will start to get quirky, and in some cases not even load. Animations, might stop working, meshes, textures, scripts, even the smallest of files, in a folder tree, may become "access denied".  So far I have found no rhyme or reason, or pattern at all.  One day its a bodyside file, next its a mesh file, next its a animation file.  When something does not load right, or a mod is not acting right, I have to start searching files until I find one that is "access denied".  Then I have to log in my computer as a administrator, and delete the file and re-install it.  Sometimes I have even had to log in in safe mode to be able to access the file.  I am about ready to throw the computer out the window.  I have downloaded all my Steam games on to my C: and I have read that with windows 10 that is a no no.  I had always had a very stable game with 150-200 mods when I was using windows 7, now I am completely screwed, and I have wasted hours and hours with microsoft support.  I just don't have the computer savvy to know how to transfer all my games to another drive, along with NMM, and all my mods, etc.  My next option is to nuke it from space.

Edit, sorry that doesn't really help does it? What I do just to get by, is I find the file that "access denied", log into your computer as a administrator, delete the file, then reinstall whatever you are having a problem with. Yes a hugggge pain in the ass I know.

If you're getting the access denied, that sounds like you're running into the infamous UAC that can play havoc whenever you try to modify a file that is a directory under the C:\Program Files

As with Wndows 7 - installing Steam in Windows 10 under the C:\Program Files folder is not recommended due to the restrictions that M$ has implemented with this particular folder - actually even more so with Win10.

My suggestion would be move your Steam installation out of C:\Program Files - preferably to a different hard drive altogether.

If you don't have access to another hard drive (whether a separate partition or a different drive) - then create a whole new directory on your main drive and install Steam there.. i.e C:\Steam.

Now since you already have it installed, then it's fairly easy to move an existing installation to either a different HD or a different directory.

https://www.howtogeek.com/257472/how-to-painlessly-move-your-steam-library-to-another-folder-or-hard-drive/

Hopefully this helps

If you're getting the access denied, that sounds like you're running into the infamous UAC that can play havoc whenever you try to modify a file that is a directory under the C:\Program Files

As with Wndows 7 - installing Steam in Windows 10 under the C:\Program Files folder is not recommended due to the restrictions that M$ has implemented with this particular folder - actually even more so with Win10.

My suggestion would be move your Steam installation out of C:\Program Files - preferably to a different hard drive altogether.

If you don't have access to another hard drive (whether a separate partition or a different drive) - then create a whole new directory on your main drive and install Steam there.. i.e C:\Steam.

Now since you already have it installed, then it's fairly easy to move an existing installation to either a different HD or a different directory.

https://www.howtogeek.com/257472/how-to-painlessly-move-your-steam-library-to-another-folder-or-hard-drive/

Hopefully this helps

Holy SH!!t! I have been dealing with this issue and Google ing  everything, reading post after post trying to find something out, getting bits here and there, for over a month.  And out of the blue, you come to my rescue and provide me with a lifeline in a matter of hours.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Looks like I have a little work to do, but at least I have a direction now.  I just love this forum!  There always seems to be someone out there that is more than willing to give you a helping hand.  Thank you so much for the link, I know it will help. 

Hopefully this helps

The problem is, I DID use nexus with steam on win10 for weeks...

suddenly, when I install Sexlab now after a deletion, it gives error at 94%.

<snip> 

Did you get the new 'Creator's Update' for Win10?

While I have yet to get it (thankfully), I'm wondering if permissions somehow got reset.

Honestly, I think your best bet is to move your Steam install and library out of C:\Program Files since it does appear to permissions issue.

Sorry if this doesn't really help.

<snip> 

Did you get the new 'Creator's Update' for Win10?

While I have yet to get it (thankfully), I'm wondering if permissions somehow got reset.

Honestly, I think your best bet is to move your Steam install and library out of C:\Program Files since it does appear to permissions issue.

Sorry if this doesn't really help.

thanks, thats exactly what I did.

Did that help you get past the uninstall / reinstall error with SexLab?

I was glad to help. 

That's exactly what I did. Program files seems to have 1984 level of oversight.

Just a question. Do you play S.L.U.T.S? Is there a way to get proper feet and hands? they disappear when yoked to cart.

I guess you could install a mod just for a quick fap, not save, and then uninstall it and continue...

Oh, and I have my shit in program files on windows 10 and haven't had problems (that I'm aware of anyways.  I mean sometimes the game crashes and I pretty much run into times I have to COC just to get somewhere but yeah I'd think that's because I have a bunch of needs mods, Aroused, SLEN, Frostfall, Death Alternative and its addon, Defeat, SOS in several flavors, dual sheath redux, Familiar Faces, CWO, slavetats and a bunch of DD mods along with like thousands of FNIS anims or somethin.  An unholy orchestra of heavily-scripted mods). ^_^

What's the creator's update?  Should I be worried?

Did that help you get past the uninstall / reinstall error with SexLab?

I was glad to help. 

That's exactly what I did. Program files seems to have 1984 level of oversight.

Just a question. Do you play S.L.U.T.S? Is there a way to get proper feet and hands? they disappear when yoked to cart.

Good analogy.. 

As for your question regarding S.L.U.T.S - unfortunately I don't. Your best bet is to go over to the main thread and post your problem. 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53296-the-skyrim-licenced-universal-transport-service-0112-20151022/page-1?hl=s.l.u.t.s

I guess you could install a mod just for a quick fap, not save, and then uninstall it and continue...

Oh, and I have my shit in program files on windows 10 and haven't had problems (that I'm aware of anyways.  I mean sometimes the game crashes and I pretty much run into times I have to COC just to get somewhere but yeah I'd think that's because I have a bunch of needs mods, Aroused, SLEN, Frostfall, Death Alternative and its addon, Defeat, SOS in several flavors, dual sheath redux, Familiar Faces, CWO, slavetats and a bunch of DD mods along with like thousands of FNIS anims or somethin.  An unholy orchestra of heavily-scripted mods). ^_^

What's the creator's update?  Should I be worried?

Creator's Update is the next update to Windows 10. 

Given M$ track record with the last major update (aka the Anniversary Update), I wouldn't run out and install it right away.  ;)

Archived