Persistant CTD in Ivarstead :( help please? ( papyrus attached)

sophiextime

Hello.

I have a weird but very annoying issue.

Everytime i go into Ivarstead i get a CTD. It occurs literally EVERYTIME i go there, be it on foot or horseback and always always always right at the very same spot, exactly as i walk past the logging station.

In the papyrus log is always has the very same details right before CTD. Always regarding a Creature Framework issue.

Now it seems to state it cant register a goat or Icewraith. I never ever get a CTD when i walk past any goat or Icewraith at any other location in Skyrim. Yet always when i go to Ivarstead i get a definate CTD.

Can anyone take a look at my papyrus log attached and see if there is something causing this please? I have a player home close to this town and i really love Ivarstead and dont wish to completely avoid it over this damn stupidass CTD.

Thankies.

Papyrus.0.log

I disabled Goats on Creature Framework and i travelled all over Riften. went to 3 farms. went into Riften city. passed goats sheep cows wolves bears everything. No CTD. But the moment i walk into Ivarstead bam! CTD. every single time. :(

There isnt even any Icewraith in the CreatureFramework MCM!! so i am at a complete loss. I just tried the advice from Davis. I went to my Windpath player home which is just south of Ivarstead. went inside ( cell) saved game. Opened console. typed pcb. hit enter. closed Console. walked to Ivarstead and... CTD. i can go anywhere i want in Skyrim BUT i cannot go into Ivarstead at all! which is an issue as thats where i need to be to get to High Rothgar :(

I will post ( attach)  the latest papyrus again . can someone take a look at it and see if they can see what culprit is making me CTD only in Ivarstead? I dont CTD anywhere else at all. and i have no mods in that city other than my player home which is way down the path away from the town close to where the troll cave is. I dont CTd down there at all BUT its always at the very same exact spot in Ivarstead. :(

Papyrus.0.log

While I'm by no means someone who can interpret them, you can also get a secondary log of the CTD with the method in this thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46913-how-to-debug-ctd/

I suggest this because it creates logs of the actual crash. You can then search online to see if anyone else has experienced this crash and found a solution or a possible cause, or see if any of the knowledgeable people here can diagnose the issue. Hopefully you figure out what's going on!!

and i have no mods in that city other than my player home which is way down the path away from the town close to where the troll cave is. I dont CTd down there at all BUT its always at the very same exact spot in Ivarstead. :(

be careful with map mods, some can change things miles away from where they are located.

if it deleted a object from the map and another mod try's to move that object the game will crash, that's why TES5Edit has a tool called "Undelete and Disable References"

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit

Thanks. Its totally weird. I just walked through Ivarstead and was like..omg it didnt crash. i then turned around and walked back through and....CTD. :(

Its so odd. Its as if there is something in a specific area of that village thats killing my skyrim and its not anywhere else in my game or skyrim.

I will attach a screenshot. On the image ahead of my player you will see a barrel close to the village hut on the left. its at about that very point i ALWAYS CTD. i can walk close to that barrel and even walk wide around the village ( over the back hill) and i am fine. But the moment i get into that street i CTD. Yet i cant see on papyrus where it even states any obvious issue and it lists the exact same kind of info on each log after each CTD.

and i have no mods in that city other than my player home which is way down the path away from the town close to where the troll cave is. I dont CTd down there at all BUT its always at the very same exact spot in Ivarstead. :(

be careful with map mods, some can change things miles away from where they are located.

if it deleted a object from the map and another mod try's to move that object the game will crash, that's why TES5Edit has a tool called "Undelete and Disable References"

You reckon i should ditch my paper map mod? If thats the culprit i will . I just feel frustrated that i cant enjoy Ivarstead. I know the rest of my skyrim is totally fine and i can go anywhere i want but just knowing i cant enter Ivarstead is annoying. Something is specifically not working with that location. i am baffled.

post-661909-0-82762600-1493306897_thumb.jpg

You reckon i should ditch my paper map mod? If thats the culprit i will . I just feel frustrated that i cant enjoy Ivarstead. I know the rest of my skyrim is totally fine and i can go anywhere i want but just knowing i cant enter Ivarstead is annoying. Something is specifically not working with that location. i am baffled.

i was talking about the "player home"

But the player home is fine CTD wise and its far enough away from the town. Its right down the hill by the watefalls. I could remove the playerhome and see if that helps. maybe it is the playerhome. Could it really effect a town elsewhere to the point i cant even walk through that town?

I will remove it. Its the only mod i have even close to Ivarstead so i guess it has to be the culprit. Just such a shame as its such a beautiful playerhome :(

MadMansGun brings up a good point, I overlooked that you had a player home in that area. The reason it could be the player home despite the home being fine itself is that it could've edited an object in Ivarstead that was deleted. You don't have to get rid of the mod, though. What MadMansGun is trying to say is that you should use TES5edit - this will allow you to potentially clean the conflict out. I strongly recommend doing this either way.

Gopher has a video tutorial for this here.

Clean the master files as he says in the video, and clean the player home mod and possibly any mods it's dependent on, as well.

I will try that as wel.

I might first deactivate the playerhome ' Windpath' and see if i still have the CTD even with the home removed. If it still does it then it cant be the playerhome. But if it doesnt CTD then i know it was the home.

(looks at "Wind path" mod) HOLY FUCKING SHIT :o ......yes, there are a lot of deleted objects in that mod.

edit: i found 28 deleted objects, and 23 identical to master objects.

CLEAN IT!!!

I will try that as wel.

I might first deactivate the playerhome ' Windpath' and see if i still have the CTD even with the home removed. If it still does it then it cant be the playerhome. But if it doesnt CTD then i know it was the home.

(looks at "Wind path" mod) HOLY FUCKING SHIT :o ......yes, there are a lot of deleted objects in that mod.

CLEAN IT!!!

Shit, I just looked at it as well. If it's not causing the issue you're having, it's absolutely causing others. I'm almost surprised you can even run the thing, damn. Cleaning it would be in your absolute best interest. 

It's usually the prettiest ones that are bad about that, since those modders often do a lot of back and forth to make it just right.

You can keep it if you clean it.

To explain exactly what's most likely happening, and to how to keep it without the issue, for you or any others browsing the topic with this problem:

With this mod, it deletes something in that area, or references a deleted object in that area.

This will not be logged in papyrus, as it is not a papyrus script causing it.

It's an invalid reference the game attempts to parse as you get closer, but can't, therefore resulting in a CTD.

Probable fix:

Install TES5Edit

Load up WindPath and clean the dirty edit, following the steps in Gopher's tutorial

Close and save

If installed, load up RiverRock and clean the dirty edit, following the same steps

Close and save

I'm putting this here as some people may not be content to just delete it all and keep it deleted, so if anyone else has this issue, or you're willing to test, confirmation to these steps working would be good for anyone with this same problem in the future.

Thank you all so so much. I may just go ahead and try to clean those two mods, Windpath and the supporting River  Rock. I will follow the advice given and see if i can enjoy them again without any persistent CTD. Your very helpful and its what i love about this site. thankyou. :)

Archived