Can leveled list outfits be separated for male and female NPCs?

znaroks

I wan't to create a mod through TES5EDIT, that adds jewelry and panties to female enemy NPC's, like bandits, witches, necromancers etc. (make them part of their outfit, along with the rest of their gear)

I want males to not have them.

Is there a way to make it so?

Because the leveled list outfits doesn't seem to be separated by gender, the enemy npc's gender seems to be determined randomly.

I know how to implement these items into the outfits, but I don't know how to make it so that if a male bandit faction member spawns, he doesn't get the jewelry and panties, but if a female one does, she gets it

There's multiple instances of each generic NPC that define different race/gender combinations (for example, there's 8 different level 1 bandits that wear light armor and use 1-handed weapons). You'd have to copy the outfits and leveled lists you want to change, edit the female NPCs to use the copied outfits, edit your copied outfits to point to your copied leveled lists, then edit those copied lists to add the female-exclusive stuff. This is probably the kind of thing that's best done via script, but I'm not familiar enough with the scripting language that TES5Edit uses to write one.

It could be done but it would be tedious as hell to sort out, as you would pretty much have to rebuild all the levelled lists that deal with human npc's from the top down to split them by gender, most of the bottom level stuff, the lists that deal with the actual weapons and armour would be the same for both male and female with just the ones adding the jewellery and stuff you want adding be female only.

And it would pretty much be incompatible with anything that edited the npc level lists as they would not be split male/female but would be using the normal levelled lists.

What I did with building my DD 'For the Masses' mod was added a ring to the outfits that had a magic effect that took effect once it was equipped, checked to see if it should add items, add the items if required then removed itself. I added them to the different outfits but merging Outfit lists is a pain as you would need a patch/esp for each mod or mod combination you want to make it compatible with. There are only a few mods that modify outfit lists but it is still a pain to do. Your other option is to add the ring to the leveled lists for armor, there are a number of them but it could be merged with other mods easier as Wrye Bash can combine leveled lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived