Customizable Character Overlays

So I Have Been Learning Fallout 4's Creation Kit and Made This.

post-193195-0-26235200-1493212737_thumb.png

This is a Quick Mod made to make my own Tattoos and Overlays and decided to share it.

basically this adds 6 new Selections to pick under the "GRIME" Category in the Character Creation Menu, 1 is a quick um... Facial Texture and the rest are Blank Temporary so all you have to do is replace them with your Textures.

BUT FIRST SOME IMPORTANT INFO BEFORE GOING ABOUT THIS!!!

When I was Making Textures I Had to use Intel's DDS Photoshop Plugin and These Settings when Exporting to get it to Work.

Currently it's the Best for Normal maps, Color With Alpha Maps and Specular Maps in Fallout 4.

For the Color with Alpha:

post-193195-0-40627800-1493213777_thumb.png

For the Normal Map:

post-193195-0-06398500-1493213845_thumb.png

The Image Sizes Must be Exactly These:

Color - 1024/1024

Normal - 1024/1024

Specular - 512/512

These Dimensions were the only ones that would work for me in the Creation Kit.

The Speculer map I had issues getting it to work in game and got a dark tan Face issue, I assume you need to overlay your texture on the "FemaleHead_s.DDS" in Photoshop then save it out.

But You can give It a Try.

Now when you get into the G.E.C.K. Creation Kit...stupid You must search for "HumanRace" and Right Click to Edit it.

post-193195-0-18466900-1493214882_thumb.png

Once In the Race Window you must go to the "Tinting" tab

post-193195-0-37506500-1493215001_thumb.png

Now I haven't gotten to play around with the different kinds to much but this is definitely Useful.

But if you don't want to do all that...

Here's the Download:

FacialMarks.zip

Have fun and feel free to share what you have done with this.

post-193195-0-67635200-1493215993_thumb.png

Hours trying to get Specular Maps to work still no luck.

So far I have learned that it must be the same Format as Normals and that when exported.

No matter what I do it doesn't seem to work and I get the greyface bug, this means that until this is figured out there can't be any Metal, Roughness or Subsurface Scattering because thats controlled by the RGB channels in the Specular Map.

This is unfortunate but hopefully someone can figure it out.

Something like this would be great to swap clean/dirty/diseased/bruised/bloody/bukkake :)

That's the idea. hopefully someone with Four-Play experience can use this in someway.

I have no idea why Bethesda decided to throw all texture format and compression types out the windows except for ONE with Fallout 4. So now even a texture can cause the game to CTD.

Seriously, congratz Bethesda: I keep thinking "there is no possible way they can make their games MORE unstable than this", and you keep on proving me wrong...

I have no idea why Bethesda decided to throw all texture format and compression types out the windows except for ONE with Fallout 4. So now even a texture can cause the game to CTD.

Seriously, congratz Bethesda: I keep thinking "there is no possible way they can make their games MORE unstable than this", and you keep on proving me wrong...

What issues are you having with textures?

I personally haven't had CTD from textures and can't see how that would happen because if it didn't show it's one less thing to load.

What issues are you having with textures?

I personally haven't had CTD from textures and can't see how that would happen because if it didn't show it's one less thing to load.

They removed compatibility for any texture compression types besides DXT, so trying to use others such as YCoCg or RXGB will cause the game to instantly CTD when attempting to render said textures.

It's DXT1, DXT3, or DXT5 only now. This made a lot of mods cause people to crash like mad once Patch i.3 was released.

What's even more stupid is that these were removed post release, with Patch 1.3. or as I call it: the let's fuck everything up(date), since it introduced a slew of new engine-side bugs that were never fixed, removed legacy support out the wazoo, etc.

Oh yes I know what you mean . It's really annoying to deal with this issue on such simple things.

The thing that's weird is that the format I uses when I was trying to make a specular was DXT5 but it caused grayface bug or in FO4 Tan face bug. That have to be using another format or something. Couldn't be a material problem ether because none of the other face mods have materials nor do they have any way to assign them for face mods

Archived