Outfit Studio breaking outfits in game

lrk19

So I was playing Fallout 4 when I noticed that the respective version of Bodyslide/Outfit Studio has an option to edit FalloutNV meshes. This was something that I wasn't aware was possible so I decided to play around with it and alter a few outfits. I figure I must be missing a step because all of the outfits I've changed cause the game to crash now. I was just using the tool that expands mesh weighting. When I open the files in NifSkope there appear to be hundreds of new blocks titled BSShaderTextureSet and BSShaderPPLightingProperty. I haven't tried simply removing them yet because I think I'd have to do them one at a time (also I don't think that would fix anything). Anyway, does anybody know what I'm missing here? Thanks.

Hard to say, without knowing what you did. All I can think is that you didn't create a reference body that can work on NV, weighted to work with NV skeleton and animations. So you find yourself in New Vegas with Skyrim (or FO4) body, and the game doesn't like it. I don't know the new versions, but last time I installed bodyslide there was no New Vegas reference body.

Archived