Nifskope plugin for 3ds Max?

For some peculiar reason, the Niftools developers decided to only provide source code for the 3ds Max plugin, and it doesn't successfully compile. Nor does it have the correct Visual Studio 2010 files, so you can't compile it that way either.

And as far as I can tell, from threads that are three years old, Blender 2.49 is the latest version that has a working nif exporter. Blender's interface is absolutely terrible, so that's out.

So I got to ask; do any of you have a working .nif plugin for 3DS Max, that supports Oblivion's meshes? There are those unofficial Skyrim plugins over on Nexusmods, but they claim to have broken backwards compatibility.

I've seen succesful import/export results with 3DSMax 2010. I've tried some years ago with the 2013 version of the plugin but switched to blender afterwards. If you like to use Max, you can work there and use blender only when exporting.

Aye, there's always the Mudbox <-> 3DS Max <-> Blender route, but if there's a working importer/exporter for 3ds Max, might as well just keep it down to two programs. Haven't had any luck finding the 2010 3ds max plugin though, which is the one that used to be available on the Niftools site.

For some peculiar reason, the Niftools developers decided to only provide source code for the 3ds Max plugin, and it doesn't successfully compile. Nor does it have the correct Visual Studio 2010 files, so you can't compile it that way either.

And as far as I can tell, from threads that are three years old, Blender 2.49 is the latest version that has a working nif exporter. Blender's interface is absolutely terrible, so that's out.

So I got to ask; do any of you have a working .nif plugin for 3DS Max, that supports Oblivion's meshes? There are those unofficial Skyrim plugins over on Nexusmods, but they claim to have broken backwards compatibility.

I've been using 3dsmax 2010 (32)  for a long time. Everything works well.

24d1eddcf9150a0d55d36ef2c22b635c.jpg

cdc39c93bb5305fb9afb8305f9fec97c.jpg

There may be uncertainties with the materials after the export, but this only applies to the body and can easily be adjusted in a niftskope (renaming to skin material if this is part of body)

However, I'm not sure about objects with collisions and animations, they will have to be modified in a niftskope. Although I did full animated body (as an object) with refinement.

======================================

de5f560ab2f51c9b90e4be7f79b13f77.jpg

https://yadi.sk/d/rsL_URC33HFaJ9

24d1eddcf9150a0d55d36ef2c22b635c.jpg

cdc39c93bb5305fb9afb8305f9fec97c.jpg

There may be uncertainties with the materials after the export, but this only applies to the body and can easily be adjusted in a niftskope (renaming to skin material if this is part of body)

However, I'm not sure about objects with collisions and animations, they will have to be modified in a niftskope. Although I did full animated body (as an object) with refinement.

de5f560ab2f51c9b90e4be7f79b13f77.jpg

Oh my. That's fabulous. Just so I don't have to switch out my 2010 installs, I gotta ask; do you have the x64 plugins? If not, no biggie, I'll settle for x32.

By and by, does it fare well with Fallout 3/New Vegas, or just Oblivion?

Oh my. That's fabulous. Just so I don't have to switch out my 2010 installs, I gotta ask; do you have the x64 plugins? If not, no biggie, I'll settle for x32.

By and by, does it fare well with Fallout 3/New Vegas, or just Oblivion?

x64-no, i dont have.

I've never liked Fallout 3/New Vegas series, so I do not know how it works there.

Archived