Mods to avoid?

Most mods called "overhaul". They are a headache and will break your game sooner or later.

Sexlab mods are quite safe for most of them. Be careful to make a save before trying one of the "sex quest mods". Finish the quest, leave the game, uninstall the mod, back to the game load the save you made prior to installing and resume playing.

For texture mods and armor mods you can go wild, they rarely create problems.

Dagren,

Sorry but I don't see what point you were trying to make in that post.

Default UNP and vanilla textures? What's UNP got to do with it? UNP isn't default.

Whether the animations are 'fetish' related or not is irrelevant - the number of animations is the number of animations.

As others have mentioned in this thread, if you load, e.g., countless armour mods it will screw your game just as easily as countless sex mods.

I always play as a succubus (PSQ) but I don't need any 'SL sub plug-ins' or special animation packs.

I've no idea what Animated Prostitution anims is or are.

I have never stepped foot in coc qasmoke nor have I read of people who have to do this on a regular basis. If they do they are doing something fundamentally wrong somewhere. My understanding is that is it just a good place to go to establish a clean save using savecleaner.

No idea what 'simply lel' means.

FNIS,

Has a patch for "Separate Gender Animations"

Rather than have my own Player Character Animations through a script and rather than have Female Sexy Walk...

I just throw all the cool female animations into the

animations\Female folder.

Sure all the females in the game have the same animation set and all of them have the same sexy walk.

Thing is I'm not sticking around long enough to watch the NPC's in Whiterun walk around.

NPC's in the wild mostly die at the end of a sword or spell so I don't get to see them walk around either.

I don't mind if the other females have the same animation as the player character either.

The thing that is also cool is that the Males don't use the same animations as the females, point of the patch already built right into FNIS.

So I can download animations that look awesome on Males over the crappy vanilla ones there too.

Basically I cut out "Female Sexy Walk" and PCEA or PCEA2 whichever don't matter.

Only downside is that all females use female animation and all males use male animation.

Also it was a hell of a lot eaiser to set up than the other stuff.

I stopped using Deviously Cursed Loot, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, and OBIS.

Basically I have not had a crash and my character is level 31.  Not one crash.

Those 3 mods were doing a number on my game and I always got stutter, which I no longer experience.

Some Mods Im using

Disparity

Ordinator

Frostfall <----Heck of a lot of fun really

Ultimate Combat

Ultimate Dragons

TkDodge

ASIS <----This with what I listed above makes combat interesting enough

Skytweak <---Helps with a thousand things, that would in the past require me to download a hundred modules to fix.

Sexlab

Defeat

Amerous Adventures <---So much stuff I never got to do with this module and its actually really good makes the followers actually like more interesting.

Basically Im not using a load of script modules that could induce problems and Im getting hella far into the game.

I don't see what the moving files and gender specific animations patch achieves that FNIS Sexy Move doesn't allow. One or two clicks in the MCM and all females use a randomly assigned walk animation.

I don't use the DD mods but I regularly use OBIS and SIC together. In this game I have left out OBIS because I'm using 3D Interesting NPCs which is a big mod. I'm also playin naked so I know I wouldn't last 10 seconds against a load of OBIS bandits.  Both OBIS and SIC have MCMs with enough options to take some of the strain off your system.

If you think reaching level 31 without a crash is some sort of achievement then there is something wrong with your installation or methodology. My current character is about level 45 and I have been chopping and changing mods and twiddling with her shape and size all through this run. I don't get CTDs just some stutter and a bit of lag now and then (mostly down to 3D Interesting NPCs but I was expecting that).

I'm also running SCO Summer overhaul.

Again my experience with mods has been one heck of a random ride. I have 172 plugins and 210 mods (nothing special im sure people have more) and ive had less (but most of the same mods i have now) and have been crashing non stop. But now after a few reinstalls its working perfectly, to the point where i made a backup of my skyrim folder.

I love all my mods ^_^ I was using a bunch of sexlab mods, a bunch of script mods, texture mods, gameplay mods, skse plugins and no issues, although i got rid of sexlab stuff (not my cup of tea, i dont mind running around nude and stuff, not for sex reasons, think im a nudist lol off topic my bad) but yea my point is i dont think there is a certain way to go and mods to avoid to get a stable game. (Unless like grass and textures, to the point where you run out of memory). Im probably wrong though. I dont understand computers or skyrim and how it works, its always random to me. Its like a lottery.

Again my experience with mods has been one heck of a random ride. I have 172 plugins and 210 mods (nothing special im sure people have more) and ive had less (but most of the same mods i have now) and have been crashing non stop. But now after a few reinstalls its working perfectly, to the point where i made a backup of my skyrim folder.

I love all my mods ^_^ I was using a bunch of sexlab mods, a bunch of script mods, texture mods, gameplay mods, skse plugins and no issues, although i got rid of sexlab stuff (not my cup of tea, i dont mind running around nude and stuff, not for sex reasons, think im a nudist lol off topic my bad) but yea my point is i dont think there is a certain way to go and mods to avoid to get a stable game. (Unless like grass and textures, to the point where you run out of memory). Im probably wrong though. I dont understand computers or skyrim and how it works, its always random to me. Its like a lottery.

Modding Skyrim is like most things in life - the more time you spend getting to understand the subject before you start, the less grief further down the road.

There are loads of good tutorials, video and text, covering every aspect of Skyrim to suit all levels - suck em and see.

Everybody's experience is going to be different.   Every rig performs differently.

The best thing you can do is to learn as much as you can about the tools available and the mods that you are introducing into your game.

Learn how things may conflict, learn how much your system can handle. Learn how much papyrus can handle.

And never... ever... ever.. play leapfrog with a unicorn.

FNIS,

Has a patch for "Separate Gender Animations"

Rather than have my own Player Character Animations through a script and rather than have Female Sexy Walk...

I just throw all the cool female animations into the

animations\Female folder.

Sure all the females in the game have the same animation set and all of them have the same sexy walk.

Thing is I'm not sticking around long enough to watch the NPC's in Whiterun walk around.

NPC's in the wild mostly die at the end of a sword or spell so I don't get to see them walk around either.

I don't mind if the other females have the same animation as the player character either.

The thing that is also cool is that the Males don't use the same animations as the females, point of the patch already built right into FNIS.

So I can download animations that look awesome on Males over the crappy vanilla ones there too.

Basically I cut out "Female Sexy Walk" and PCEA or PCEA2 whichever don't matter.

Only downside is that all females use female animation and all males use male animation.

Also it was a hell of a lot eaiser to set up than the other stuff.

I stopped using Deviously Cursed Loot, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, and OBIS.

Basically I have not had a crash and my character is level 31.  Not one crash.

Those 3 mods were doing a number on my game and I always got stutter, which I no longer experience.

Some Mods Im using

Disparity

Ordinator

Frostfall <----Heck of a lot of fun really

Ultimate Combat

Ultimate Dragons

TkDodge

ASIS <----This with what I listed above makes combat interesting enough

Skytweak <---Helps with a thousand things, that would in the past require me to download a hundred modules to fix.

Sexlab

Defeat

Amerous Adventures <---So much stuff I never got to do with this module and its actually really good makes the followers actually like more interesting.

Basically Im not using a load of script modules that could induce problems and Im getting hella far into the game.

I don't see what the moving files and gender specific animations patch achieves that FNIS Sexy Move doesn't allow. One or two clicks in the MCM and all females use a randomly assigned walk animation.

I don't use the DD mods but I regularly use OBIS and SIC together. In this game I have left out OBIS because I'm using 3D Interesting NPCs which is a big mod. I'm also playin naked so I know I wouldn't last 10 seconds against a load of OBIS bandits.  Both OBIS and SIC have MCMs with enough options to take some of the strain off your system.

If you think reaching level 31 without a crash is some sort of achievement then there is something wrong with your installation or methodology. My current character is about level 45 and I have been chopping and changing mods and twiddling with her shape and size all through this run. I don't get CTDs just some stutter and a bit of lag now and then (mostly down to 3D Interesting NPCs but I was expecting that).

I'm also running SCO Summer overhaul.

You don't use DD mods,

and you want to act like getting to level 31 isn't special.

haha.

FNIS Sexy walk means that each female NPC gets an assigned walk in real time as they appear in the game.

That happens by a script.

When your using ASIS like I am that means each normal spawn point can be up to 5 additional NPC's on its default settings.

There are going to be times when you enter an area that normally has 3 NPC's but with ASIS on normal settings that could be 15.

Each of those 15 NPC's get every script attached to them per your module list, in my current Mods list that means each of them gets assigned an Aroused Number, Sexlab Stats, a penis from SOS and a size determination, and likely 15 other things determined by the modules list that I just don't feel like thinking about at the moment.

The point being under normal conditions with a normal allotment of NPC's it might not be something I would have to consider.  But Im running ASIS and things are not normal, there are going to be loads more NPC's enough to cause issues if I run with enough mods like FNIS Sexy Walk.

Heck I had to turn off Creature Features aroused polling since running around the plains by Whiterun meant that there were hordes of animals and monsters all getting polled every 30 seconds.

Running Ordinator,

ASIS allows you to assign spells from all modules in your load order to all NPC's that meet the requirements.

That quickly became an issue when doing the Gildergreen quest.

As Ordinator spells are in fact scripted.

Upon visiting the Hag ravens nest, I met 12 witches.

Those 12 witches using ICE magic from Ordinator meant that not only did they have the full scripted perks that the player has but also the full scripted spells from Ordinator.  This of course was hugely bad as each of those witches was tossing off spells like crazy and the game got real wonky and crashed every time.

Now had I not been able to think it all the way through and understand what was causing the issue I'd be SOL.

Re-ran the patcher for ASIS removing perks for NPC's and Spells did the event again and it was just fine.

FNIS Sexy walk means that each female NPC gets an assigned walk in real time as they appear in the game.

When your using ASIS like I am that means each normal spawn point can be up to 5 additional NPC's on its default settings.

There are going to be times when you enter an area that normally has 3 NPC's but with ASIS on normal settings that could be 15.

Each of those 15 NPC's get every script attached to them per your module list, in my current Mods list that means each of them gets assigned an Aroused Number, Sexlab Stats, a penis from SOS and a size determination, and likely 15 other things determined by the modules list that I just don't feel like thinking about at the moment.

The point being under normal conditions with a normal allotment of NPC's it might not be something I would have to consider.  But Im running ASIS and things are not normal, there are going to be loads more NPC's enough to cause issues if I run with enough mods like FNIS Sexy Walk.

Where do you get from that Sexy Walk attaches scripts to the female NPCs? Not true at all.

There is ONE quest script running that checks regularly (every 10 seconds unless the player crosses a cell boundary) for new female NPCs. And if they are found (in a very efficient manner: quest aliases) they will get a couple of animation variables set which control their motion animations. I think this is VERY little impact. 

You have to really be careful from where you get the information about all scripted mods being processor killers. There are people who want to look smart that tell those fairy tales without looking into the scripts. And then there are people like you who believe that and distribute that "fake news" even further.

Where do you get from that Sexy Walk attaches scripts to the female NPCs? Not true at all.

There is ONE quest script running that checks regularly (every 10 seconds unless the player crosses a cell boundary) for new female NPCs. And if they are found (in a very efficient manner: quest aliases) they will get a couple of animation variables set which control their motion animations. I think this is VERY little impact. 

You have to really be careful from where you get the information about all scripted mods being processor killers. There are people who want to look smart that tell those fairy tales without looking into the scripts. And then there are people like you who believe that and distribute that "fake news" even further.

My apologies.

I by no means wanted to single out a particular module rather, I should have spent more time illustrating how when a series of modules come together unexpected interactions happen that are beyond the scope of particular mod authors control.

As happens on each of our modded games where our lists are comprised of hundreds if not thousands of modifications from many just as many contributors.

I had not realized that it was not applied as a cloak spell and profess have not spent near enough time looking at this specific module of yours, to make any such statement.

My apologies.

I by no means wanted to single out a particular module rather, I should have spent more time illustrating how when a series of modules come together unexpected interactions happen that are beyond the scope of particular mod authors control.

As happens on each of our modded games where our lists are comprised of hundreds if not thousands of modifications from many just as many contributors.

I had not realized that it was not applied as a cloak spell and profess have not spent near enough time looking at this specific module of yours, to make any such statement.

I understand your intent. :)

But you have to understand that I'm somewhat allergic at these assertions. Because it's not the first time that I have to read what a resource annihilator Sexy Move is. And this kind of "fake news" easily distributes.

To add another anecdote: in my experience it's almost never a single mod or a category of mods that causes trouble. 

-Many animations cause longer loading screens: might be true, i don't know. In my case probably the papyrus settings to give loading screens more time have more impact, but i prefer stability over fast loading screens. Don't see the point why waiting 4 seconds instead of 2 would be considered bad, but maybe that's just me. And FNIS XXl counts ~10k animations, it's pretty much every SLAL pack i could find, no poser animations at all. My hardware isn't that good, but i never had to use coc to load a game. Crashes happen, but much less often than i quit the game myself, that's fine for me.

I'd say you can run pretty much every mod here (and on nexus), but not all of them at once (=not in a single game). For me (i don't care that much about graphics beside characters), scripts are the limit. If you want a long and stable game, keep in mind that vanilla Skyrim starts a lot of scripts on it's own while playing, and stuff adds up, what seems stable at the beginning might break later. 

To try them all you'll need several games, so see about the requirements and known incompatibilities. While it might be possible to play ME for example together with DDi mods if you know what you're doing, i wouldn't recommend it because there are incompatibilities and both systems use a lot of scripts. Better make one setup for DD mods and one for ME.

Even all DD mods might be a problem, i've never been able to run cursed loot + captured dreams + prison overhaul patches without getting stack dumps. Might be because of some of my other default mods like RND + a pregnancy mod + some other stuff that is light, but still adds up.

For a long and stable game, think about the mods you really want to have in there first. Make a test run with some additional mods to be sure that there is some space left for later when Skyrim itself starts its own scripts. If, for example, your mod list does not contain frostfall & footprints, add those, see if it's still stable with a new game and if so you can maybe add some mods you consider nice-to-have. Test again, if still stable, uninstall the test-mods frostfall and footprints and finally start your actually new game.

That's no guarantee that nothing can go wrong, but at least there is hope while starting a new game when you're already hitting the limits is a guarantee that some things will go wrong in the long run.

As a general advice which mods to chose: most quest mods can be played at any time of the game, meaning: you can start a new game, ignore the vanilla story and play the mod, then start another game. For a long game i'd rather use some mods which add something to the general gameplay, or at least give you repeatable quests/scenarios, so you can enjoy them during the whole game and not only once. 

One exception/example is Shout like a Virgin, a quest mod that is definitly meant to be played during a long playthrough, it offers several radiant quests and progress requires to do them several times, not just "play the story and then do something else". An example for the opposite here is GetStripped!, it has a quite short story which is done when it's done, but it can be played again and again in new games with (7?) different endings for different choices.

On the other hand a game where you just plan to play the story of one or two quest mods can be used to try some additional/alternative gameplay mods you wouldn't consider important or too script heavy for your main game. Ideally something that fits to the story or atmosphere of the quest mod.

Even more personally, but in my opinion that makes a lot of sense not only technically but also for role playing. I think it's much more logical to get enslaved with a new lvl1-lvl10 character rather than with a lvl100 badass dragonborn who can kill whole cities.

To try them all you'll need several games, so see about the requirements and known incompatibilities. While it might be possible to play ME for example together with DDi mods if you know what you're doing, i wouldn't recommend it because there are incompatibilities and both systems use a lot of scripts. Better make one setup for DD mods and one for ME.

DD and Maria Eden clash due to ME has its own system of locking devices and does not use Integration just Assets so they will tend to fight over control of items.

Even all DD mods might be a problem, i've never been able to run cursed loot + captured dreams + prison overhaul patches without getting stack dumps. Might be because of some of my other default mods like RND + a pregnancy mod + some other stuff that is light, but still adds up.

I run all of these, this is my opinion on each:

- Cursed Loot's performance for me depends on how much of it I have running, personally I turned off most of it and don't use the combat surrender, I still use DAMOYL and Defeat together with Defeat set to take over from DAMOYL every time.

- Captured Dreams (personal bias here) overall has only 2 scripts that are timers and only do things once per day. Biggest issue is the number of devices on npc's that are equipped when approaching or entering/leaving buildings. Exterior npc's have had their number of devices reduced and some are just for show (unscripted).

- Prison Overhaul I have not had much of an issue with though I turn off the extras on it.

- Realistic Needs and Diseases I have not had any issues with

- Pregnancy Mods - I had no issues with Hentai Pregnancy but it doesn't use NIO for the belly. I had been using Being Female but it was an older version and constantly caused errors with aliases. I have updated it and am giving it another chance, if it continues to be a problem then I am dropping it an not going back to it.

Mods that I have had cause issues:

- Creature Framework: On default it checks every actor within 2 cells of you every 5 seconds. Both people and animals are checked since animals are considered actors.

As for SL Aroused if you are worried about performance issues from it you can adjust how often it scans and if it requires line of sight.

The only time I have crashes is if I have a number of sex scenes within a short period of time though I think it is due to several mods taking turns running them and not just one.

Nazzzgul666,

Nice summation. Do you run a payprus log all the time? If so why?

Veladarius,

FYI Fishburger recommends turning off LOS in SLA, it doesn't work as intended.

Thanks for the heads up about CF, I think I've missed that setting though I do half the distance and double the time in SLA.

Sometimes with sex anims I get to the stage where the punter has handed over the money and then we just stand there (I use TDFPP). My solution is to do a quicksave then a quickload and things pick up where they left off with the anim starting.

I had been using Being Female but it was an older version and constantly caused errors with aliases. I have updated it and am giving it another chance, if it continues to be a problem then I am dropping it an not going back to it.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on Vel. I use a very old version (v1.14) which I found stable though it has some flaws. I tried some later ones but ran into various problems.

I've been away playing DXHR, DXMD and the Mass Effect trilogy, so looking at starting a new playthrough with BF v2.8.1

My apologies.

But you have to understand that I'm somewhat allergic at these assertions. Because it's not the first time that I have to read what a resource annihilator Sexy Move is. And this kind of "fake news" easily distributes.

Oh my good heavens no, no no

Its always the combination of works outside of the authors control in said persons Load Order.

In my case I was illustrating how to set up an environment where a grouping of modules that normally all operate fine and in some cases together will quickly result in crashes due to insertion of way too many NPC's.  In quantities 5 to 15 times normal, in a open world instance such as outside of Whiterun.  Very easy to find end-users in trouble shooting section with these scenario's and I profess I've done it myself.

Although I realize now it would be hard to see a module I had done in a column thread like this and I will likely avoid commenting in such threads in the future altogether.

Nazzzgul666,

Veladarius,

FYI Fishburger recommends turning off LOS in SLA, it doesn't work as intended.

Thanks for the heads up about CF, I think I've missed that setting though I do half the distance and double the time in SLA.

Sometimes with sex anims I get to the stage where the punter has handed over the money and then we just stand there (I use TDFPP). My solution is to do a quicksave then a quickload and things pick up where they left off with the anim starting.

Most of the time I use the logs to check Captured Dreams as 99% of my playing comes from testing that but I use my full mod setup during testing.

I didn't know about the line of sight issue, I have not had any real performance issues with Aroused or Aroused Redux. As for CF after I had updated it my game had become unstable where it was normally solid, cutting the scans to every 30 seconds helped quite a bit but now I shut it of as well as the link to Aroused so the creatures only have genitals during sexlab scenes.

I had been using Being Female but it was an older version and constantly caused errors with aliases. I have updated it and am giving it another chance, if it continues to be a problem then I am dropping it an not going back to it.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on Vel. I use a very old version (v1.14) which I found stable though it has some flaws. I tried some later ones but ran into various problems.

I've been away playing DXHR, DXMD and the Mass Effect trilogy, so looking at starting a new playthrough with BF v2.8.1

So far with the latest version I have not had the same Alias issues I did before, the errors I have had have been minimal and not repeating like they were before so I am thinking that it may be working better. I will say that I installed it after all the other mods were set up so you may want to install it after the rest of the mods initialize.

The only mod I am seeing multiple issues with is DCUR actually which is odd as I didn't have them before. DCUR hit me with an Estrus tentacle attack and again during the pregnancy from the first one and ended up with errors from the Estrus Chaurus scripts and ended up popping out 31 eggs when the pregnancy was up.

My apologies.

Oh my good heavens no, no no

Its always the combination of works outside of the authors control in said persons Load Order.

In my case I was illustrating how to set up an environment where a grouping of modules that normally all operate fine and in some cases together will quickly result in crashes due to insertion of way too many NPC's.  In quantities 5 to 15 times normal, in a open world instance such as outside of Whiterun.  Very easy to find end-users in trouble shooting section with these scenario's and I profess I've done it myself.

Although I realize now it would be hard to see a module I had done in a column thread like this and I will likely avoid commenting in such threads in the future altogether.

I have had the same issues as Fore with Captured Dreams because I have so many scripts it has been labeled as 'Script Heavy' even though at this point only 2 scripts run constantly and only update once per day. I do have some quests that add some others that run constantly but the time frame for updating is generally counted in hours of game time if not days, any time frames less are done under controlled conditions.

Unfortunately once labeled as a script heavy or problem causing mod it is difficult to get out from under that label and keep being blamed for problems no matter how often it is proven otherwise.

So far with the latest version I have not had the same Alias issues I did before, the errors I have had have been minimal and not repeating like they were before so I am thinking that it may be working better. I will say that I installed it after all the other mods were set up so you may want to install it after the rest of the mods initialize.

The only mod I am seeing multiple issues with is DCUR actually which is odd as I didn't have them before. DCUR hit me with an Estrus tentacle attack and again during the pregnancy from the first one and ended up with errors from the Estrus Chaurus scripts and ended up popping out 31 eggs when the pregnancy was up.

Thanks Vel, I'll give that version of BF a try then.

There's been problems with DCUR and Estrus for a while now (since around v4.6 iirc when the slime/ooze animations were added). The pregnancy chance slider stopped working and the ooze/slime animations break RND. That was also an issue with the other Estrus animations in the earlier version but neither Kimy or Bane Master can remember how it was fixed.

Thanks Vel, I'll give that version of BF a try then.

There's been problems with DCUR and Estrus for a while now (since around v4.6 iirc when the slime/ooze animations were added). The pregnancy chance slider stopped working and the ooze/slime animations break RND. That was also an issue with the other Estrus animations in the earlier version but neither Kimy or Bane Master can remember how it was fixed.

I disabled a number of the npc options as I didn't need it constantly doing things with them, having them getting pregnant is fine with me but I didn't see the need for most of the rest of it so that may be part of it, I don't know.

That Estrus animation is what I was hit with both times so that explains it.

Nazzzgul666,

Yes, almost all the time. Reasons: 

- i forget to turn it off. ;)

- i don't know when something will go wrong and i'll need a log.

- turning it off doesn't seem to make a big much difference for me.

Beside that, the mentioned papyrus settings can be used no matter if you have logging enabled, i guess that's why you ask?

This is from my Skyrim.ini :

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0 <- longer loading screens, give scripts more time to load. 

iMaxMemoryPageSize=768

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=276800

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

Can't remember right now what's the difference between fUpdateBudgetMS and the point below, as far as i remember both give scripts some more time to execute, but they will give that time to every script all the time - doesn't matter if they need it. So that has some impact on your performance, i'm still fine with it, though. 

@Veladarius: When i start a new game with all those mods it works fine, but later during playing and going on in vanilla quests, things start to break if i run all those mods. From what you've written it seems our settings are quite similar, at least those you mentioned. I also use DA+ Defeat, turned off combat surrender in cursed loot, toggled off SLA in CF and raised the scanning frequence in SLA. I guess you have a better CPU, or i have some (more/worse) programs running in the background, or i forgot a mod that is script heavy but imho mandatory, ooor you start new games more often than me. ;)

Currently i switched from Beeing female to SGO, that seems much lighter/less problematic. I never tried Hentai pregnancy, don't know. I also have some other NiO mods like FHU and weightmorphs, i consider them quite light but i might be wrong.

And to be fair: yes, CD doesn't seem to have much impact in general, but if my game is already overloaded and i come close to the shop, it becomes unplayable with the expansion finished. Don't know what's going on, maybe too many NPCs with devices, but i guess i shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Cursed loot + POP (that only during beeing captured, not all the time either) seems too much. I guess i could play both at once if i remove several other mods which run often, but less scripts.

@Veladarius: When i start a new game with all those mods it works fine, but later during playing and going on in vanilla quests, things start to break if i run all those mods. From what you've written it seems our settings are quite similar, at least those you mentioned. I also use DA+ Defeat, turned off combat surrender in cursed loot, toggled off SLA in CF and raised the scanning frequence in SLA. I guess you have a better CPU, or i have some (more/worse) programs running in the background, or i forgot a mod that is script heavy but imho mandatory, ooor you start new games more often than me. ;)

Currently i switched from Beeing female to SGO, that seems much lighter/less problematic. I never tried Hentai pregnancy, don't know. I also have some other NiO mods like FHU and weightmorphs, i consider them quite light but i might be wrong.

And to be fair: yes, CD doesn't seem to have much impact in general, but if my game is already overloaded and i come close to the shop, it becomes unplayable with the expansion finished. Don't know what's going on, maybe too many NPCs with devices, but i guess i shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Cursed loot + POP (that only during beeing captured, not all the time either) seems too much. I guess i could play both at once if i remove several other mods which run often, but less scripts.

My CPU is an older i5 2500k but is overclocked to 4.0ghz which is fairly easy to do since the processor is an unlocked version and made for it. I also run with the ugrids set to 7 and extended the draw distance for most things, its no real strain on my GPU as I have dual AMD 280x's running and don't use more than 1k textures for landscaping and such.

I have not had any issues running the vanilla quests but I don't use any mods that change them at all. My only issues come from too many sex scenes within a short period of time, especially if different mods are running them.

Most of the issue with approaching the shop after the expansion is the DD items on npc's so there is some lag as they are equipped. I will be dropping the plugs from their outfits so the only scripted item is the belt, the collar is already just a cosmetic item, this will be done with most all of the npc's. As for the grounds themselves the only other thing is lighting but most all are normal lights and I think I removed any that cast shadows.

What mod is SGO? I have not heard of it though I have not been keeping up with a lot of the mods lately beyond what CD requires. Hentai Pregnancy worked well but it doesn't use NiO so it isn't compatible with other mods that use it and I have not seen a patch to update it or I would have kept it instead.

I have had the same issues as Fore with Captured Dreams because I have so many scripts it has been labeled as 'Script Heavy' even though at this point only 2 scripts run constantly and only update once per day. I do have some quests that add some others that run constantly but the time frame for updating is generally counted in hours of game time if not days, any time frames less are done under controlled conditions.

Unfortunately once labeled as a script heavy or problem causing mod it is difficult to get out from under that label and keep being blamed for problems no matter how often it is proven otherwise.

Damn, lost my internet connection and my 2 sites post was gone, maybe i get it again. If i somehow fail to make it clear, it's half an explanation and half an "i'm sorry" statement.

In my experience there are 3 different uses of the phrase "script heavy", and i admit that i don't always make a clear difference in some cases.

1. runs (a lot of) scripts often, that's the most common definition

2. runs  (a lot of) scripts at specific times

3. uses a lot of script instances

About 2: I count CD as wel as POP here. It's worse for POP in my experience, but may happen for both that the scripts started when a quest (or capturing) starts, the amount of scripts started cause stack dumps in my game with my current setup. By no means i want to say that i consider the mod problematic in general, but when i can't be captured or start quests without getting problems, there is no point in using this mod with this specific setup. To play it, i have to reduce the number of mods from category 1.

About 3: i don't know that much about it. I've read that Skyrim has a fix value how many instances may be used during a whole game, i've also read that crash fixes fixed that and that it's not clear how well that fix works. I've also read different things what happens when one gets past that limit, from "crashes happen" to "forget your (save) game, start a new one". I really don't know, but for that case the amount of scripts obviously matters.

What mod is SGO? I have not heard of it though I have not been keeping up with a lot of the mods lately beyond what CD requires. Hentai Pregnancy worked well but it doesn't use NiO so it isn't compatible with other mods that use it and I have not seen a patch to update it or I would have kept it instead.

Forum hates me. Ok, Soul Gem Oven is a mod to get pregnant with soul gems & produce milk. Each race has her own milk, or semen for males. Use cooking stations to get potions with the powers of the races from milk or use it as ingredient for alchemy, semen for alchemy or for impregnation. Of course sex works as well, and you can insert soul gems as well. Works for NPCs, with NiO. Giving birth to soul gems lvls enchantment and milking yourself lvls alchemy, one reason i like to use it for longer games. 

*edit: and i didn't mean to get problems with vanilla quests, it might be only because of point 3, but i have the feeling that progress in vanilla quests makes vanilla Skyrim run more scripts as well. Civil war would be an obvious candidate here, but even without that i think it made a difference if i played some time only mods without even starting the main story, or if i played that as well. At least thy count for category 2. ;)

I have an i5 with 3.2 GH, so with overclocking that might be a point... i don't know how much of a difference that makes for Skyrim. Maybe it's a question of GPU either, i have only one Nvidia 745 GTX.

Damn, lost my internet connection and my 2 sites post was gone, maybe i get it again. If i somehow fail to make it clear, it's half an explanation and half an "i'm sorry" statement.

In my experience there are 3 different uses of the phrase "script heavy", and i admit that i don't always make a clear difference in some cases.

1. runs (a lot of) scripts often, that's the most common definition

2. runs  (a lot of) scripts at specific times

3. uses a lot of script instances

About 2: I count CD as wel as POP here. It's worse for POP in my experience, but may happen for both that the scripts started when a quest (or capturing) starts, the amount of scripts started cause stack dumps in my game with my current setup. By no means i want to say that i consider the mod problematic in general, but when i can't be captured or start quests without getting problems, there is no point in using this mod with this specific setup. To play it, i have to reduce the number of mods from category 1.

About 3: i don't know that much about it. I've read that Skyrim has a fix value how many instances may be used during a whole game, i've also read that crash fixes fixed that and that it's not clear how well that fix works. I've also read different things what happens when one gets past that limit, from "crashes happen" to "forget your (save) game, start a new one". I really don't know, but for that case the amount of scripts obviously matters.

The scripts that CD runs most often is equipping of devices on npc's as they are loaded when you get near. Startup of quests are handled in stages usually controlled by the dialogue so a lot of it does not happen all at once. Device Removal and the old version of Confiscation did a lot as they went through your inventory several times..

The biggest cause of stack dumps is too many scripts running at once for Papyrus to handle. Generally it is from mods that update too often or having errors that repeat constantly especially if they happen multiple times per second.

As for #3 I believe you are referring to the string count which includes a number of things. For me my count is usually around 54,000 where the max is around 63,000 and my count varies very little even with close to the max number of mods running. Last I heard CD's string count was between 2000 and 3000. CD does have a lot of scripts but 99% of them are in dialogue and scenes and are not run until then, otherwise it is just 2 scripts that run constantly and update once per day.

Archived