(Help / brainstorming) where to place brothels ?

Delzaron

Hi

As you may know, I'm working back on the Night Mistress Mansion mod.

Several brothels are on the schedule, and I have ideas about where I'll place them... for some tof them...

- a little one in dawnstar.

- one near Dragonbride

- one near Riften.

But I'm trapped with the main one, the Night Mistress Mansion : it's based on Volkihar (interior and exterior), so where I can place it ?

It needs to be not so far from a city, but also not so close, near an important way...

I could also change the planby using a solitude castle like building, but the placing problem remains....

Thanks in advance !

For the main house: Perhaps on the other side of the mountain of Solitude? Going to the lighthouse there's a small path north, into the mountains, leaving it out of (direct) sight of the authorithies, but still close enough for someone to maybe sneak out of the city there at night.

The Honeymead-Brewerey could earn a bit of extra coin after it's been taken over by the thieves guild...

The Helgen/Falkreath/Half Moon Mill triangle has always been the centre point of smut in Skyrim. Why not find somewhere there? (People don't tend to want to walk too far).

Yes, that's a good idea... it's from 1 day of walk, and on a frequented road...

Maybe near the lake can be good...

For the main house: Perhaps on the other side of the mountain of Solitude? Going to the lighthouse there's a small path north, into the mountains, leaving it out of (direct) sight of the authorithies, but still close enough for someone to maybe sneak out of the city there at night.

The Honeymead-Brewerey could earn a bit of extra coin after it's been taken over by the thieves guild...

Too close to the town, for a vampiric manor...

NE of Whiterun, just outside the walls?

I'm assuming that some modification of terrain is possible, how about across the road from the main entry to Windhelm, where the stables are but on the other side, clear out some of the slope?

Again, problem is it's a Vampiric styled Manor... it will be strange to see this just near Whiterun. It need to be in woods...

In another hand, a small one will be perfect just outside the city.

Hmmmm ....

How about the wooded area outside of Riften, on the East side? Good weather, lightly wooded, discrete ... that's also the route to Southern Morrowind, tired travelers maybe looking for a little rest and relaxation ...

A possible future expansion might be an underground passage to the Ratway

lol Asrienda beat me to it ... that place is just begging for SOMETHING to be placed there

if you place near the lake by the Falkreath/Halfmoon/Riverwood triangle I would like to suggest maybe just south of the road on the south side of the lake, maybe between the Falkreath road and Shriekwind Bastion.

this would ensure compatibility with most other mods in the area because almost all the mods I have seen in the area are between the road and the lake.

Put that silly "Abandoned House" in Markarth to good use, it would as a Molag Bal altar point tend heavily toward the domination style sex acts but it could cater to all needs. Adding a door and some additional rooms shouldn't be too hard since you don't have to visibly account for them on the surface.

There's a huge empty lot across from Old Hroldan Inn. It's basically begging for something like a brothel. Also include stables and a carriage as people might have to travel to get there.

There is a mod town enhancement mod using that place...

lol Asrienda beat me to it ... that place is just begging for SOMETHING to be placed there

if you place near the lake by the Falkreath/Halfmoon/Riverwood triangle I would like to suggest maybe just south of the road on the south side of the lake, maybe between the Falkreath road and Shriekwind Bastion.

this would ensure compatibility with most other mods in the area because almost all the mods I have seen in the area are between the road and the lake.

There are Moon and Star and Amoria village here...

Put that silly "Abandoned House" in Markarth to good use, it would as a Molag Bal altar point tend heavily toward the domination style sex acts but it could cater to all needs. Adding a door and some additional rooms shouldn't be too hard since you don't have to visibly account for them on the surface.

That's a good idea... if it's feaseble whitout problems... and I'm afraid it will cause problems (modifying vanilla cites always cause problems).

The Molag Bal house might be usable without city changes if you put a door inside, though then you have to content with the quest. Mods like Timing is Everything could help with that if you (wisely) don't want to meddle with it yourself.

I thought Moon and Star was on the lake side of the road, not the Bastion side. There is a bandit camp added by More Bandit Camps just east of the Bastion but there is a little more space along that road before you get to Lakeside and the Conjurer's altar.

While potentially distant, Whiterun Hold does have a couple mountainous areas in the west-central part.  There are a couple very large player house mods that have used that area but a nice castle on top of one of the ridges could look nice. Roads would be an issue.

Vampire style castle... Morthal seems like a good place.

Swampy, dark and creepy marsh lands sounds like a pretty damn good place.

Right on top of the cave that leads to Movarths Lair.

It has a pathway, out of major cities or direct LOS but could still be seen off in the distance.

post-52263-0-01076600-1493018135_thumb.jpg

I was thinking of across the road from Aurora Village but looking at it better (screen 1) it is just to close to Shriekwind Bastion

looking at the area around there from the eagle eye view showed me another spot close (screen 2) though

better views (screen 3 and screen 4) attached and a map view as well (screen 5) for you consideration.

as far as I know no mod uses the spot shown (the non lake side of the road), if this spot is used it would

end up between the Captured Dreams Shop and the Falkreath, Riverwood to Half-Moon Road junction.

anyway just a thought and keep up the excellent work you do.

edit

screen 4 is the best higher level view, and you can just see the road in the bottom of the picture (taken from above the lake itself).

post-852155-0-40736400-1493033074_thumb.jpg

post-852155-0-50496000-1493033082_thumb.jpg

post-852155-0-32951400-1493033090_thumb.jpg

post-852155-0-22693500-1493033096_thumb.jpg

post-852155-0-48243100-1493033105_thumb.jpg

I was thinking of across the road from Aurora Village but looking at it better (screen 1) it is just to close to Shriekwind Bastion

looking at the area around there from the eagle eye view showed me another spot close (screen 2) though

better views (screen 3 and screen 4) attached and a map view as well (screen 5) for you consideration.

as far as I know no mod uses the spot shown (the non lake side of the road), if this spot is used it would

end up between the Captured Dreams Shop and the Falkreath, Riverwood to Half-Moon Road junction.

anyway just a thought and keep up the excellent work you do.

edit

screen 4 is the best higher level view, and you can just see the road in the bottom of the picture (taken from above the lake itself).

Thanks. I will take that place !

Well, for a large brothel I would think about an open area. There's always Falkreath, but to me that feels overcrowded with other mods using it. Whiterun is an option too, haven't seen many mods use it to what I feel like its fullest potential. Then there's Ivarstead. Yeah, that random farming town that no one goes to, why not add a brothel to give it some more meaning?

Locations aside, would a cave/tunnel opening leading to another worldspace, similar to the Dawnguard valley or the snow elf valley be a potential way to have a large castle like building tucked away "just around the corner down a dead end draw" ?  Sticking something just off the path up the 7000 steps triggered the idea for me, but usually single mountain peaks don't have valleys on them, but ridges and ranges, like those north and south of Lake Ilinata or down the center of Whiterun hold would.

Put in an opening off the road and possibly re-use Bloated Man's Grotto or the dawnguard castle valley and replace fort dawnguard with the brothel castle.

Locations aside, would a cave/tunnel opening leading to another worldspace, similar to the Dawnguard valley or the snow elf valley be a potential way to have a large castle like building tucked away "just around the corner down a dead end draw" ?  Sticking something just off the path up the 7000 steps triggered the idea for me, but usually single mountain peaks don't have valleys on them, but ridges and ranges, like those north and south of Lake Ilinata or down the center of Whiterun hold would.

Put in an opening off the road and possibly re-use Bloated Man's Grotto or the dawnguard castle valley and replace fort dawnguard with the brothel castle.

bloated man grotto and dawngaurd catle are small world : it's impossible to copy them.

I keep the cave link option in case...

The Helgen/Falkreath/Half Moon Mill triangle has always been the centre point of smut in Skyrim. Why not find somewhere there? (People don't tend to want to walk too far).

Yes, that's a good idea... it's from 1 day of walk, and on a frequented road...

Maybe near the lake can be good...

To my knowledge there are too many mods that's started in Falkreth, so a mod conflict could emerge anytime.

Too close to the town, for a vampiric manor...

How about a vampiric manor north or east of the Nordic barrow Ragnvald, which is located north of Markath.

Archived