5 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

I just reinstalled Fallout 4 and haven't set things up for playing or modding yet but I believe there's a "UnscrappableObject" keyword. Now puppets are made to follow the player by being put into a quest alias that has all the required functionality attached. This can also include keywords so if you add the above to the alias the puppets should (hopefully) get scrap-protection for as long as they're following you.

As for having scrapped puppets return their items to the workshop it's kinda strange that didn't happen. Was the puppet assigned to the settlement you were in so it had a linked workshop to return items to? It's possible I've missed adding some keyword too to enable that functionality though, I never used the normal mannequins so not sure how they handle that situation.

Hey, i had a bit of a go,  adding the "UnscrappableObject" keyword to the follower setting made it so puppet can't be scrapped.  No more missing puppets,  hopefully. lol

I had a bit of a look at having the puppets container continence transferred to the workshop,  i have attached a shot of the armor racks page in the esp.  I'm not sure how you would go about it.  I haven't played around with actors yet.  

I looked at the esp for Advanced Mannequins and mannequin update,  Advanced Mannequins had lines for actorcontainers and temporaryactorcontainers,  once again not really sure how to would go about it,  there was a transfer group also.  You would most likely know how it goes after looking at it.  

Thanks for your help!  Hope Fallout 4 is all good for you after reinstalling it.

Puppetmaster.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 6:48 AM, animeace said:

is there a way to add poses/animations?  I have tried adding pose or animation packs like FO4 Animations by Leito but I have not seen the list of available animations change from the 179 out of 512 possible choices i had earlier.  Does the program not support some of these or do I need to take additional steps to add them in?

Out of the box only Dave's poses are detected but it's possible to add animations from other mods too for if you're familiar with papyrus by using the RegisterIdle function. The VoyeurAnimationLoaderScript.psc shows how it's done. As long as you know how to get the form id of the idles it's (FO4Edit probably lists these the quickest) it's fairly simple. You could either make a new esp with the loader script or just edit the voyeur-loader and add the data directly there.

• 1 month later...

@LazyGirl

Hello, first of all, this mod is amazing, I'm working on a settlement with ambiance and this mod makes the difference when giving the game a spark of life. However I'm facing a problem and I'm not sure if it's my fault due to a mod conflict or something like that.

If I put a rack in a elevated surface, like a floor with no foundation, a elevated foundation, or a foundation snapped on the top of another foundation, the rack "falls" to the ground. The only solution I found is to disable AI, but if I enter the game again the racks stand in a semi T-Pose. Would you mind to give me some advice so I can use the racks inside buildings with more than one floor? Thank you very much. :smile: 

9 hours ago, Mimenda said:

@LazyGirl

Hello, first of all, this mod is amazing, I'm working on a settlement with ambiance and this mod makes the difference when giving the game a spark of life. However I'm facing a problem and I'm not sure if it's my fault due to a mod conflict or something like that.

If I put a rack in a elevated surface, like a floor with no foundation, a elevated foundation, or a foundation snapped on the top of another foundation, the rack "falls" to the ground. The only solution I found is to disable AI, but if I enter the game again the racks stand in a semi T-Pose. Would you mind to give me some advice so I can use the racks inside buildings with more than one floor? Thank you very much. :smile: 

Hmm just checked and it seems to work fine here. Using place everywhere rack can be put in mid air but the puppet having to obey the laws of gravity like all NPCs falls until it hits something solid like the floating roof in this case.If that doesn't work I'd take a guess that specific type of floor is either missing a collision mesh or bUseCombinedObjects=0 is active which does the same in general.

Spoiler

floater.jpg

3 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Hmm just checked and it seems to work fine here. Using place everywhere rack can be put in mid air but the puppet having to obey the laws of gravity like all NPCs falls until it hits something solid like the floating roof in this case.If that doesn't work I'd take a guess that specific type of floor is either missing a collision mesh or bUseCombinedObjects=0 is active which does the same in general.

Reveal hidden contents

floater.jpg

Hello again, sadly the problem persists, I checked the inis in the game folder and in the documents folder and I didn't find bUseCombinedObjects=0 in any of them. I did some testing in Sanctuary placing Vanilla and Mod Foundations, if I go further enough so the game unloads the settlement stuff and I go back, the problem is still there. If I stay in the settlement all is good, I can place them wherever I want but if I leave this happens. I googled a little bit and some people says that this problem is on the vanilla game and hasn't been fixed yet. Anyways, I made a little video showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCaFwe-mm1o&feature=youtu.be

Thanks again and sorry for disturbing.

6 hours ago, Mimenda said:

Hello again, sadly the problem persists, I checked the inis in the game folder and in the documents folder and I didn't find bUseCombinedObjects=0 in any of them. I did some testing in Sanctuary placing Vanilla and Mod Foundations, if I go further enough so the game unloads the settlement stuff and I go back, the problem is still there. If I stay in the settlement all is good, I can place them wherever I want but if I leave this happens. I googled a little bit and some people says that this problem is on the vanilla game and hasn't been fixed yet. Anyways, I made a little video showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCaFwe-mm1o&feature=youtu.be

Thanks again and sorry for disturbing.

Thanks for the video it helped explain the moving away bit. It didn't happen in my modded game but when I tested a vanilla one the puppets fell down when returning to the area.

Try this version, it has a couple of changes

* Puppets in follower mode are now unscrappable

* The counter to select the next puppet to place should now only increment if a new one is actually placed (still need to exit out for it to update the workshop menu though)

* Puppets are by default no longer restrained, this is due to...

* Activating restrain (or animation) will store the puppets current location. Whenever these are active the puppet will be automagically teleported there whenever the game loads them

This seemed to solve the drop-down-through floor bug at least for me.

If you update over the previous version you'll likely need to clean the "PuppetMasterRackscriptSA" from your save using Fallrimtools. I'm not playing/modding Fallout 4 atm so it's fairly untested so if it doesn't work I hope you can make do still.

PuppetMaster 0.20.0.zip

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Probably no one responding to this thread anymore, but I'll give it a shot.  This is a great mod, I'm using aaf with random shenanigans and the "puppet" will sometimes be part of a random shenanigan with my player.  Is it possible to turn this off?  Thanks.

18 hours ago, dixyfla said:

Probably no one responding to this thread anymore, but I'll give it a shot.  This is a great mod, I'm using aaf with random shenanigans and the "puppet" will sometimes be part of a random shenanigan with my player.  Is it possible to turn this off?  Thanks.

Likely not. AAF has a "puppet" itself.   Short of re-writing Puppet master and working with the author of AAF to make a compatibility patch or something to prevent this.  I'd also double check by posting on an AAF support thread / discord. There might be something you can do (if it is easy) to patch it.. Not sure though.

3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Likely not. AAF has a "puppet" itself.   Short of re-writing Puppet master and working with the author of AAF to make a compatibility patch or something to prevent this.  I'd also double check by posting on an AAF support thread / discord. There might be something you can do (if it is easy) to patch it.. Not sure though.

Thanks!