View File

Adds 50 armor racks with extended customization functionality and animation support making it easier to create action packed scenes for screenshots or settlement ambiance.

Long version: Armor racks using the default female model allowing more customization than normal armor racks.

* Edit appearance - Standard menu, make them look however you want
* Looping or proximity triggered animations - Set an idle and have them continuously repeat them or only when the player gets close enough. Want someone to salute you whenever you get out of bed? No problem!
* Toggle AI option - If disabled animations will freeze making it possible to lock them in the perfect stage of an idle
* Command mode - Issue orders to where they should stand, sit or what furniture to use for that perfect screenshot scene
* Follow mode - Tired of settlement shots? Have them follow you for some nature shots!
* Settlement mode - Just want some ambiance? Assign them to a settlement and they'll sandbox around. Don't worry they don't count towards the population.
* Show weapon mode - Unlike armor racks (?) puppets can show off whatever weapon you give them. Can interfere with animations updating, see known issues below.

HOW TO USE
* Enter workshop
* Place rack
* Exit and customize
* Wonder why you're creating fake people to act as pretend friends in a virtual world and where life went so very very wrong :P

If you want to place several with identical looks just keep placing without exiting. If you want a new unique one exit and renter and the game will automagically iterate to the next one. If you want to pick a previous one quickly use the rack selector.
Beyond that there are some toggles that might require more detailed explanation

* Head tracking toggle - Toggles whether the selected rack should look at the player or not. May revert back to on on re-placement and other actions since it seems to be default NPC behaviour
* Restrained toggle - Toggles the NPC being "locked" in place. When off idle animations may make them move away from their spot.
* Ghost toggle - Toggles "god mode", when on they ignore all attacks. When off they can be injured just like any humanoid for that full Westworld experience.
* Toggle AI - As previously mentioned disables any actions/animations on the NPC, even freezing them mod motion or fall. Will be re-enabled in a lot of cases by the game.

ANIMATIONS
Animation support require Voyeur. Mod might work without it though, haven't tried.

RECOMMENDED MODS
Dave's Poses - Enables Voyeur to play these on the puppets
Place anywhere - So you can put baby in the corner or wherever else you want

KNOWN ISSUES
Crash-to-desktop - Sometimes the game will do this when trying to place a rack. I suspect it might be related to physics bodies that the workshop, not surprisingly, isn't prepared to handle. Quickly placing them, exit and then re-enter the workshop so the NPC is properly placed in the game world before making any other changes seem to avoid this.
Menu displays wrong state (off when on or vice versa) - The game lacks functions to check if things are active or not for many functions so the mod makes a guess based on the known state when placing a rack. If this is a problem simply toggle the option between both settings and it should read correct.
Can't be assigned in settler mode - The standard menu for static object will override the one for NPC assignments. Very low on the priority to fix since the goal of this mod isn't to add settlement workers.
Repeated placement of identically numbered puppets sometimes don't work - Seems editing the filters of allowable items to place in the same workshopmode-session is a bit iffy with current solution. You may have to exit out and select the desired id again. Making sure the function to increment to the next puppet number is only run outside workshop through related events alternatively disabling it altogether (is it more a problem than useful?) could solve this.
Weapon display mode blocks animation update - Keep it off until you selected the animation
Preview selection not updating properly - Set animation mode to PROXIMITY and stay outside the trigger range while selecting

Logo image courtesy of "The Wandering Faun"

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/20/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Voyeur, Automatron DLC, Contraptions DLC

Edited by CPU

good work! physics rly cause CTD- i have maked replacer vanila mannequins by bodies some time ago (like http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17789/?)and got same result. to reduce CTD rate u must move objects slowly, bether disable animations, and dnt lift it above the ground. another way to reduce CTD rate a bit- try to remove from processing range(mean ugrid) all objects with physics (setlers, animals etc). 

Need to make an analog for skyrim.

already exist : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8635/? . it compatible with most mannequins tuning mods like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26266/? .

good work! physics rly cause CTD- i have maked replacer vanila mannequins by bodies some time ago (like http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17789/?)and got same result. to reduce CTD rate u must move objects slowly, bether disable animations, and dnt lift it above the ground. another way to reduce CTD rate a bit- try to remove from processing range(mean ugrid) all objects with physics (setlers, animals etc). 

Need to make an analog for skyrim.

already exist : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8635/? . it compatible with most mannequins tuning mods like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26266/? .

Thanks for the confirmation. Not sure if the workshop placement/moving around counts as animation but if it doesn't puppets could start in "AI off" mode. Should disable physics, not like it's needed for proper initial placement.

Can't use it, it requires I have all DLC's.

Requirements are Automatron DLC for the renaming and Contraptions DLC for armor racks

Looks promising :D i wonder can you load up LooksMenu presets on the puppets?

Yes the appearance editor is the default player version so all its features work including loading and saving presets. 

great mod.  I did have a CTD when I used the controller to spin around while placing mannequin. LOL

Anyway, I thought I had dave's poses installed, but I only had his framework, so installing his mod after this one has already looked for animations did not work, but loading the save just before I installed this mod, with daves pose already there worked fine.  So best to install all animations and then this mod, on a save before it was activated.

Any chance that vanilla animations could be assigned?  or crazys or leitos?

This mod really helps me as I built a huge pool at the drive in, but I do not have enough settlers to make it look busy.

Thanks, glad to hear you find it useful  :)

I saw most vanilla animations were included in Dave's already so I skipped adding them to avoid duplicates. As for adding more idles, probably but not sure when. Looking at some ideas to make that bit a lot quicker and failsafe. Also, anything added will be single/solo idles since there's 4P for more "advanced" use hehe

• 2 months later...

You have done a great job of this one!  Thanks!

If only you could name them and maybe have a bit of dialog.

But then just being able to make your settlers like this would be good too.  Save you having to put up with settlers like Marcy and June you know those annoying ones! lol

HI,  I guess you already know about this?  But i'll mention it just in case.

I got my armor rack in some power armor,  that worked fine.  When it came around to getting her out of the power armor that was another story.  I couldn't see any option at the time and the command thing with the 4 arrow options wouldn't show up,  it's seems to be random when that shows up.

I ended up having to use the command - CallFunction "Actor.SwitchToPowerArmor" None

Which worked.  I thought i might suggest having that command added to the list of command option for the rack, as well as an option to bring up the 4 arrow command thingy.

She Seems to get injured sometimes when arriving at fast travel destination if not set to go mode.

Another suggestion  having an option to set the distance they follow sometime it hangs back just a bit too far.

Please don't be offended i am just wanting to help make you great mod even better! :)

Other than that the rack is great it will walk into enemy camps and deal with them without the enemy seeing them when set to God mode.  I'm thinking of using her to replace my companions,  doesn't judge and isn't always saying the same lines all the time like Piper does!  *facepalm*

You have done a great job of this one!  Thanks!

If only you could name them and maybe have a bit of dialog.

But then just being able to make your settlers like this would be good too.  Save you having to put up with settlers like Marcy and June you know those annoying ones! lol

Thanks, hmm must have missed adding it to the description but you should be able to rename the puppets by using the automatron robot workbench

HI,  I guess you already know about this?  But i'll mention it just in case.

I got my armor rack in some power armor,  that worked fine.  When it came around to getting her out of the power armor that was another story.  I couldn't see any option at the time and the command thing with the 4 arrow options wouldn't show up,  it's seems to be random when that shows up.

I ended up having to use the command - CallFunction "Actor.SwitchToPowerArmor" None

Which worked.  I thought i might suggest having that command added to the list of command option for the rack, as well as an option to bring up the 4 arrow command thingy.

She Seems to get injured sometimes when arriving at fast travel destination if not set to go mode.

Another suggestion  having an option to set the distance they follow sometime it hangs back just a bit too far.

Please don't be offended i am just wanting to help make you great mod even better! :)

Other than that the rack is great it will walk into enemy camps and deal with them without the enemy seeing them when set to God mode.  I'm thinking of using her to replace my companions,  doesn't judge and isn't always saying the same lines all the time like Piper does!  *facepalm*

Ah yes didn't think about anyone sticking them in PA so didn't add that option. I think a lot of the options you ask for you can possibly be done with my Wintermute mod using the baton in unrestricted mode to target the puppet for editing including setting a working voice and follow distance. If you set an automatron voice they should get the "exit pa" dialogue option, alternatively I believe simply hitting them with the baton should eject them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey LazyGirl,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I tryed out what you suggested with your Wintermute mod.  

But nothing seemed to work, other than on a NPC that I summoned using the mod.

I might be because the Control Baton wasn't in "unrestricted" mode.  I couldn't figure out how to change it to that if its is natively in another mode.  I even viewed the esp with F04edit.  Mind you i am still very much a noob at editing esp's.  lol

It's most likey obvious that i've managed to over look! 

Thanks Again!

Hey LazyGirl,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I tryed out what you suggested with your Wintermute mod.  

But nothing seemed to work, other than on a NPC that I summoned using the mod.

I might be because the Control Baton wasn't in "unrestricted" mode.  I couldn't figure out how to change it to that if its is natively in another mode.  I even viewed the esp with F04edit.  Mind you i am still very much a noob at editing esp's.  lol

It's most likey obvious that i've managed to over look! 

Thanks Again!

If I remember correctly the unrestricted mode should be under the DEBUG menu. You can probably set it manually through console if it's missing by typing "help unrestricted 0" and look for the globalvariable named wintermuteunerstricted or something similarly logical-ish. Then you just type "set theVariableNameHere to 1" (or 0, whatever it isn't). Sorry I can't give more exact info don't got FO4 set up currently.

This is a fantastic mod, and I'm enjoying figuring out how to best utilize it. That said, there are a few things I am struggling with, and I'm wondering if someone more familiar might be able to guide me through? :-/

I'm seeking to pose a rack, and then make it a static object, holding the pose indefinitely (as a poster or chair might) until I choose to move it again. Currently, the racks that I have posed (using Dave's Pose Gun) disappear once I return from a fast travel (or game exit/load save)... with no sign of them anywhere in the settlement I placed them at previously. They don't show up in my inventory or the workshop either.

Another problem I am encountering is a rack fast-travelling with me, after I have assigned it a function, and then staying in place at the location I traveled to. 

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading! :)

Hmm that's strange, as far as I remember I've had my demo puppet standing in pose through several gamesaves and gameloads while testing other mods. The workshop will advance a counter by one each time you place one so the previous one won't show up again until you've placed everyone once so that explains the workshop-mode disappearance at least. Similar to the console shenangiangs above for Wintermute you should be able to set the counter manually through console (_MODPuppetMasterNextPuppetToPlace should be the variable) and re-place a previous one without going through the entire selection first.

I have to apologise for the mod being quite rough around the corners, it's was mainly an experiment for an animation loader (which other mods now do better) so I haven't really thought about polishing it further.

'll take a look and see what, if anything, can be done when I get the chance. Maybe rewrite things to make it mainly a build-your-own-customizeable-settler thing with the basic follower functions for those who want their settlement population to have unique looks. Would be kinda cool to add some sort of RPG style level up system so they get better and stuff as time goes by hmm.

Just saw your edit - I haven't tested them with the place anywhere mod. They're placed with AI off that should disable some animations but if I remember correctly physics should still be active in placement mode (provided  you got a body replacer that supports it). This can cause crashes and if so the best option is to quickly place the puppet and then pick it up moving it to the desired spot.

Hey LazyGirl,

Yes the Debug menu i didn't look in as i assumed it wouldn't be in there,  i was wrong.

The Control rod will eject the Armor Rack out of the power armor,.  I also managed rename the Rack as well as give her the creepy Wintermute voice. LOL

You most likely know this already - in unrestricted it allows you to make NPC's companions that Unlimited Companions Framework won't even recruit!   Nice work!

It gives the game a hole different aspect.  Piper is traveling the commonwealth with her sister Nat at the moment.! ;)

It only seems to let you have one recruit at a time though via Wintermute,  but i guess that's just the way it goes!

Thanks for your efforts with all your mods!  They are really good mods!

BTW i don't think your a LacyGirl there is alot of work to make mods like you have done! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, there's a globalvariable that controls which puppet is shown in the workshopmenu to prevent all 50 being displayed at once. Basically it matches itself to the puppet with the same value and once that's placed the value increases by one to pick the next one.

Could be that global either got an invalid value or I missed adding the matching id to the puppet it tries to find.

Try this:

Type "help _MODPuppetMasterNextPuppetToPlace 0"  (or maybe "help _MODPuppetMasterNextPuppetToPlace 4 glob") in console and let me know what value it has.

Then do "set _MODPuppetMasterNextPuppetToPlace to X" where X is a new value, suggest one higher than whatever is there as long as it's below 50. Or 0 if you want to place them all over again. Entering the workshopmenu again it should now hopefully show the next puppet correctly.

HI LazyGirl,  I've lost my puppet.  Is there anyway to find her?  Had no luck with getting ID number and trying  "moveto"

Se was in follower mode so could be anywhere as i had 3 other followers,  sometimes i forget to check everyones still following me. lol

Thanks for your help.

Nothing built in. Easiest way is to load an earlier save where you still got that puppet, click them to get their refid and then load the one where they're missing. Their id will still be active in console (unless you accidentally clicked something else) so all you have to do then is to use the moveto command.

You can also run "sqv" on the main quest (should be "_MODPuppetMasterQuest" or somesuch similar) to see it's variables, there is a RefCollectionAlias named CommandMode or similar that stores the id of every puppet active as follower. Once you found that use  "prid idHere" command to select them remotely and then moveto again.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You!!!! I've only spent about 5 minutes playing around with 1 puppet and I'm already in love with this. This will add so much character to my settlement....as well as the dungeon hidden behind the bookcase. A quick question....I've been able to get the puppet to salute when I'm near (that alone makes this mod worthy) when I have the settings as start from standing they continue to hold the pose as I move away, but when I have it start from shutdown they stop the posing and return to their "sleep" state. Is it possible to have them stop saluting you when you move away if they are in the start from standing setting the same as the shutdown setting? or there's the chance that I'm a noob and doing something wrong :)

BTW Voyeur is a must have for the mod to work, as I couldn't enable the mod from the game menu until I installed.....which was no drama anyways.

Again....thanks for an awesome mod...definitely appreciated :D

• 4 months later...

Hey LazyGirl,  Your Puppets make really great followers,  sadly though i have since lost a couple more Puppets. 

I think i have worked out what has been happening,  i was just scrapping stuff around Sanctuary and my Puppet ended up being selected for scrapping even though it wasn't standing in-front of me.   I saw it happen and tabbed before i press E to progress with scrapping.  It then happens again about 10 seconds later only i pressed E before i released what happened,  there goes Puppet #2,  only thing had one of my good weapons on her.  Everything that is in there inventory disappears when they are scrapped.

Is there a way to prevent the Puppet from being scrapable when in Follow mode?

Also is there a way to make the Puppets inventry go into the workshop when they are scrapped?

Is there some setting that is changed or added in the esp file that will make this happen?  I have finally figured out more about some aspects of the modding side of thing,  done a couple of small mods.

Thanks for your help and your great Mod!

I just reinstalled Fallout 4 and haven't set things up for playing or modding yet but I believe there's a "UnscrappableObject" keyword. Now puppets are made to follow the player by being put into a quest alias that has all the required functionality attached. This can also include keywords so if you add the above to the alias the puppets should (hopefully) get scrap-protection for as long as they're following you.

As for having scrapped puppets return their items to the workshop it's kinda strange that didn't happen. Was the puppet assigned to the settlement you were in so it had a linked workshop to return items to? It's possible I've missed adding some keyword too to enable that functionality though, I never used the normal mannequins so not sure how they handle that situation.