Problem with HDT chains being broken, frozen and disjointed

helidwarf

Ok after trying to find a solution for a couple of days then getting stuck, I'm here to ask for help.

I have an issue with HDT chains not working properly.

I made sure the skeleton and relative HDT mods were installed properly. After reinstalling HDT Physics Extensions and XPMSE with a variety of other mods and starting new games I kinda feel like I'm out of options (beside a complete fresh install which I'd like to avoid).

This happens with all types of chain equipment from various mods as heretical resources, cursed loot, zaz, shout like a virgin.

Other HDT objects works fine tho (e.g. breast, hair..) which is what makes me perplexed

Here's attached a screenshot

post-1581469-0-59684300-1492538074_thumb.jpg

post-1581469-0-61453000-1492538640_thumb.jpg

post-1581469-0-12508100-1492538654_thumb.jpg

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me to the right direction

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I have the exact same issue and it occurred after a ctd/reload.

I'm confident I have HDT/XPMSE etc installed correctly and the funny thing is that it was working perfectly but since the reload it stopped and I 've been trying to find a solution for the past two days.

Here are a few things I noticed to hopefully contribute to a solution :

1. I made a new game and the chains worked perfect on the new character, reloaded my original save and the chains worked there too! After a quit to desktop and restarting skyrim none were working (new game, old save, new new game).

2. Messed around with esp load order, didn't help.

3. Tried resetting the items on my character didn't work.

4. Save doesn't have scriptinstances to be fixed.

Right now I m thinking it might have something to do with too many scripts running or to many HDT objects getting loaded at the same time, or maybe some pop up messages that need to be clicked after I load a saved game with crash fixes enabled (everything is stuck up until I check them off).

The only thing I find sometimes consistently working is loading a saved game before I acquire the chains (I play shout like a virgin) and loading the save I want to continue. That seems to fix the problem for now. Maybe too many HDT things getting loaded together leaves the chains out? I don't know.

And while I can get it to work scrolling through older saves and loading and loading is a bit tedious so I m hopping for a more delicate solution.

Archived