How long do sexlab animations last?

Grine

Simply curious, I usually use the space bar to skip ahead but I am wondering what determines how long a stage in an animation plays. How long does it go before going to the next and how long would a full animation take before ending completely?

I would test this myself but my game is in need of reinstalling again. so... thats going to be a week before I test this myself (lol).

It lasts as long as you've configured in your Sexlab settings.

But you can always set a custom timer for a specific animation in SLAL.

Which applies to the reason you want to know this I guess  ;)

To set a custom timer for your animation just add the following line underneath the actors part inside your Anims.txt from SLAL:

stage_params=[
        Stage(2, timer=5),
]

Just make sure you don't put any timer beneath 3/4 seconds otherwise it's extremely buggy.

From what I understand, the Sexlab settings determine how long each stage continues to loop. So for example a 3-second stage set to a 10-second Sexlab duration will loop 3.3 times.

The actual animation duration is whatever the animator defines it to be, I believe. An animator can make a longer animation, such as a 60-second stage if they want, and Sexlab will only play up to the amount of time you set for that stage.

It can be a bit of a problem with some terminal stages or animations that aren't really supposed to loop. If an animator sets the last stage to be, say, six seconds long, and your Sexlab stage plays for ten seconds, you'll get an unintended loop. I've seen one or two animations (maybe even just one, I dunno) that does this. Snapping actor positions like a .gif where the end doesn't fit the beginning. It's been a while, though, and that might have been altered.

The solution in that case would be to ping-pong the last stage, but I don't know if the engine is even capable of handling that.

So in theory I can just set "all animations will play for 60 seconds" and sexlab will handle the rest? So an animation that only has 2 stages will each play for 30 seconds and an animation that has 6 stages plays 10 seconds per each stage?

So in theory I can just set "all animations will play for 60 seconds" and sexlab will handle the rest? So an animation that only has 2 stages will each play for 30 seconds and an animation that has 6 stages plays 10 seconds per each stage?

no, it would be 60 seconds per stage (except for any stage that has a stage_params timer)

no, it would be 60 seconds per stage (except for any stage that has a stage_params timer)

So you would have to do something like this:

• In Sexlab, set all stages to some absurdly high number like 30.
  • Using SLAL, set each stage of each animation so that the total equals 60. An animation with 6 stages should be set to 10 each, 5 stages set to 12 each, and so on.

p.s. I didn't know SLAL did that until I read SirNibbles post. Neatly fixes the problem I suggested above with animations that aren't supposed to loop. Nice. :)

So you would have to do something like this:

• In Sexlab, set all stages to some absurdly high number like 30.
  • Using SLAL, set each stage of each animation so that the total equals 60. An animation with 6 stages should be set to 10 each, 5 stages set to 12 each, and so on.

p.s. I didn't know SLAL did that until I read SirNibbles post. Neatly fixes the problem I suggested above with animations that aren't supposed to loop. Nice. :)

um no....if sexlab's timer is less than the stage_params timer the stage will end before the stage_params timer can end it.

note: i add what i like to call "dead keyframes" to the ends of my animations, i copy the last frame of the animation and paste it 100 frames (3.3 seconds) down the timeline, so that if the stage_params timer is slow to activate the animation wont loop.

Take care if you put 60sec in sexlab, if the animation has a higher timer, sexlab overide this timer..

for example my animations are far longer than 60sec and almost all with timer,
If you do this you will see only a small part of them.
But if you put more time in sexlab, it's fine.

note: i add what i like to call "dead keyframes" to the ends of my animations, i copy the last frame of the animation and paste it 100 frames (3.3 seconds) down the timeline, so that if the stage_params timer is slow to activate the animation wont loop.

As I recall, SexLab uses OnUpdate with 0.5 sec parameter to scan timires while animating, so if SetStageTimer(stage, 3.3) will be rounded anyway to 3.5 at least. But 3.3 sec (100 frames) more then enough.

Kind Regards

As I recall, SexLab uses OnUpdate with 0.5 sec parameter to scan timires while animating, so if SetStageTimer(stage, 3.3) will be rounded anyway to 3.5 at least. But 3.3 sec (100 frames) more then enough.

i think you misunderstood what i said a bit...

eg: if i make a animation that is 300 frames long and i don't want it to loop, i add 100 unanimated frames to the end of it to make it 400 frames, then i set the stage_params timer to 10.0, that gives the timer 3.3 seconds to change the animation before it starts looping.

i think you misunderstood what i said a bit...

eg: if i make a animation that is 300 frames long and i don't want it to loop, i add 100 unanimated frames to the end of it to make it 400 frames, then i set the stage_params timer to 10.0, that gives the timer 3.3 seconds to change the animation before it starts looping.

I'm sure in theme.

Yours 300 frames is 10 sec? right? And stated SetStageTimer(stage, 10.0) may be played no more then with 10.5 maximum timelength, not more. Your's "dead frames" over 1 sec are over-'safe'

Kind Regards

Your's "dead frames" over 1 sec are over-'safe'

not on my computer, most of the time it takes 2.8 seconds to load the next stage.

So, you have in animations 2.8??? sec delays at every stage with actors doing nothing? I'm using your "Dragon" (and fan with it) animations. But never used SLAL packs, only myself made animation registration scripts and have no troubles or issues.

Archived