Shower with water always on?

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

Since one of the best animators of TS4 (won't tell who ;) ) is soon gonna do a sequence for shower, has anybody made/found yet a way to open the god damned shower's water during sex animations?

From the perspective of animations, it's sort of impossible for now.

The sex interaction has to actively interact with the object it uses which then can be affected with an animation of that object. And where you can export an object with its rig and animate it, I don't see how you would import it back to S4S as a working animation.

The reason I am saying it's an animation is because the effect of water is set as a particle effect and you can add particle effects to sex animations too. I think it's not common because S4PE doesn't recognize that sort of event type, but you can add them with S4S. That is how you would be able to get an effect of cum flying out a penis (example) or something like that.

And yes that means you can add the water particles of a working shower to the sex interaction itself, but it would be pretty stupid since every shower can be different and it wouldn't look right.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't make the shower itself work. There are already existing animations of the shower working in the game. I just have to add support for playing that sort of animations. Because of its limited capabilities, I wasn't really interested in it, but it is something I want to do.

Guest Redabyss

Well, having a modded shower "just on" (ie: permanently opened) would be a good start, so that we could use one peculiar shower that is indeed opened!

We fixed the situation for the bath tub via the water rug, and INKkan made a mod for added visibility for the hot tub, so we're just missing the shower.

I will add that I am probably wrong about not being able to animate objects with S4S since they have done that but there are no tutorials on how to do it. At least I haven't seen one.

It's possible to add an idle animation component to an object and make it play an animation forever, so a shower that does that is possible.

I looked again into implementing object animations but it is not easy to figure out.

Guest Redabyss

It's possible to add an idle animation component to an object and make it play an animation forever, so a shower that does that is possible.

That would be great! At least we would have an opened shower for sex animations.

It's sad to have constantly closed ones, not to mention kinda unrealistic.

Now one of the best animators is about to release a miniseries for shower, and... we still have no way to turn the shower on :(

From the perspective of animations, it's sort of impossible for now.

The sex interaction has to actively interact with the object it uses which then can be affected with an animation of that object. And where you can export an object with its rig and animate it, I don't see how you would import it back to S4S as a working animation.

The reason I am saying it's an animation is because the effect of water is set as a particle effect and you can add particle effects to sex animations too. I think it's not common because S4PE doesn't recognize that sort of event type, but you can add them with S4S. That is how you would be able to get an effect of cum flying out a penis (example) or something like that.

And yes that means you can add the water particles of a working shower to the sex interaction itself, but it would be pretty stupid since every shower can be different and it wouldn't look right.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't make the shower itself work. There are already existing animations of the shower working in the game. I just have to add support for playing that sort of animations. Because of its limited capabilities, I wasn't really interested in it, but it is something I want to do.

Would  be great get  water with the shower.  I'm interested if   you can make a tutorial or find a solution about this. (I think in S4PE does'nt have this effects in events, but I'm not sure)

In anyway, It'is also interesting  get  the same stuff  when you are doing a woohoo into the shower or bathub than when you are taking a normal shower with your sim, like get clean stuff (the bar for Clean/Dirty should get up)

Well, I wasted around 14 hours on technical stuff and got no progress at all so I don't think I want to deal with this anymore for now. Every attempt counts for something, but I can't spend too much time without results. Not this time.

I understand it. Don't worry. Too much hours studying this, sorry.

And get the same  benefits (like get up the bar "clean/dirty") that when you are taking a normal shower?

And get the same  benefits (like get up the bar "clean/dirty") that when you are taking a normal shower?

Effects of showering, like increasing hygiene, isn't a problem to implement, I have that written down on the TODO list.

That would be great, thanks!  :)

There you go, I did it, you will now be able to play animations for objects. 17+ hours of work were not for nothing.

This is an example of the animation of opening shower door: https://gfycat.com/DeliriousHelpfulIggypops

But... why opening a shower door? Well, I have not found an animation that plays shower water spray and although the shower door opening animation contains effects of water spray, it's not there. I don't know why and where to look for one, but I know that object animations can now be hooked with sex animations. I don't know how well that can be utilized since I don't know how to animate objects, but it sure will be useful at some point.

Guest Redabyss

There you go, I did it, you will now be able to play animations for objects. 17+ hours of work were not for nothing.

This is an example of the animation of opening shower door: https://gfycat.com/DeliriousHelpfulIggypops

But... why opening a shower door? Well, I have not found an animation that plays shower water spray and although the shower door opening animation contains effects of water spray, it's not there. I don't know why and where to look for one, but I know that object animations can now be hooked with sex animations. I don't know how well that can be utilized since I don't know how to animate objects, but it sure will be useful at some point.

Nice! I think this could be useful to Rlo! :D 

This is an example of the animation of opening shower door: https://gfycat.com/DeliriousHelpfulIggypops

Nice! I think this could be useful to Rlo! :D
Hey! I saw this and it looks promising, I think that Zorak may like this too :D

This is a pretty huge deal as it can add a lot of depth, whether it's a rocking bar stool or the suspension of a car etc, personally mine was to have a female sim sitting on a running washing machine :D

Very nice find!

So only need to find the correct effect? With S4PE or S4S? Maybe I can spend some time finding effects... Are there any list or something like that?

Guest Redabyss

I don't know how this effect thing works, but, for example, L666 made some awesome animations with Sim using cellphone, filming the sex, so, if everything works alright, we may even be able to do such animations in the future :D

So only need to find the correct effect? With S4PE or S4S? Maybe I can spend some time finding effects... Are there any list or something like that?

First, you would need to be able to do animations for objects.

There is the possibility of taking an existing shower animation, stripping it from frames via S4PE, creating as many empty frames as the sex animation has and adding an effect with S4S. I don't think there is a way to add a visual effect with S4PE since it doesn't support that event. S4S, on the other hand, does support visual effects event. In theory, it should all be possible.

Here's the list of effects: https://pastebin.com/C3CVsrq0

Not all of them, but most of them. The shower spray used in shower animations is: s40_obj_shower_spray

I don't know how this effect thing works, but, for example, L666 made some awesome animations with Sim using cellphone, filming the sex, so, if everything works alright, we may even be able to do such animations in the future :D

Carrying objects is different from using objects. The animation state machine I used for animations does support carrying objects, but I have not implemented that yet and don't know how yet either.

There is the possibility of taking an existing shower animation, stripping it from frames via S4PE, creating as many empty frames as the sex animation has and adding an effect with S4S. I don't think there is a way to add a visual effect with S4PE since it doesn't support that event. S4S, on the other hand, does support visual effects event. In theory, it should all be possible.

Not all of them, but most of them. The shower spray used in shower animations is: s40_obj_shower_spray

But... In XML, how can I add the animation for the "Shower" object? I think it possible add frames for shower object imported from game via S4S. The object has RIG, so I think just need select the rig in pose mode and add frames.

But... In XML, how can I add the animation for the "Shower" object? I think it possible add frames for shower object imported from game via S4S. The object has RIG, so I think just need select the rig in pose mode and add frames.

Not yet implemented, but I will send you it once it's ready if you want to try it out.

Not yet implemented, but I will send you it once it's ready if you want to try it out.

Ok. perfect! Thanks!

Archived