A lot of Bugs after Addon installation

Skypack

Hey,

i am not shure if WW is responsible for my problem and if this is the right place to ask for help, but maybe someone could help

me out or has an idea what i can do.

So, after i installed the vampire and wellness addon, which were the last ones i missed, except of some accesoryes, my current

household is unplayable because of many bugs.

For example:

-If i send my sim to bed, because his energy is in the red area. She will go to sleep but stand up after a few minutes.

This i tried about 10 times in a row.

-Sometimes my sims seems to be frezzed but the game time is running forward and other npcs do her stuff, but i am unable to let

my sim do anything. This could be fixed sometimes by doing a phone call to somebody or if i open the options menu to save the

game.. after a long loading time i was able to safe and restart.

I already tryed to remove all mods and repair the game with origin, then moved the mods back into the modfolder and started

with a new household, but this seems not to fix it. Maybe i had to delete the cache files or anything else?

The new household, doesn´t runs smooth like my game before.. there are not so extreme bugs like in my current household  but

i recognized, that my sims need a little bit longer to react to my commands or i have to give a command twice because they forget

the first on (disapperas from the to do list) and i also has a short "simfreeze", so something is not working good.

Does anyone else have problems like that with all or many addons installed?

I hope anyone could give me a tip what else i can try to get my game run smooth again.

Big thanks in advance :)

Hey Skypack!

Well, your issue is pretty general so I have to give you a pretty general answer.
Many mods can cause problems in two categories.

Where Sims 4 has a lot done to allow for compatibility with really old computers and I wouldn't expect too many mods causing it to slow down, it can happen if you break the rules the game restricts, like the maximum amount of sims per zone. In a lot of situations even really powerful CPU won't help and sims will just stand around not doing anything.

Mods reliability has an odd behavior where they seem to work right on their own but breaks when you have few of them. It just seems like they are okay. You have not reported any exception files so I will include an instruction on how to do that if you have any. There is no better way to test than removing them. Any mod that modifies gameplay, overrides files and script mods can cause problems. Clothing additions will mainly make the game crash if they are incorrectly done.

Can't tell if it's the computer or mods.

Posting Exception Files
Exception files can be found in The Sims 4 documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4). The most important file is called 'lastException.txt'. Additionally, there can be a file called 'WickedWhimsException.txt' which could be helpful too. Please look for the most recently created files since they will most likely be related to your issue.

You can include these files in your post or upload the contents of them to a sharing site like Pastebin. To use Pastebin, open your file, copy its contents to the site and create a new a new paste. Then copy the link of the site you're at after creating a paste and include it in your post.

Note that 'lastCrash.txt' files aren't useful to help your problem.

Mods Reliability
Mods get old fast with all of these updates we get to the game.
Where at first you might think that a mod works, you would be badly mistaken after installing few more of them.

There are mods that are old and outdated or just simply broken. WickedWhims is always made and tested without other mods to assume it doesn't cause issues to the base game.
Look at the mods you've installed and update or remove anything that is old - it's most likely outdated and breaks your game.

Note that removing only WickedWhims and testing if that solved your problem is not a valid test. Remove every mod except WickedWhims and see if the issue persists. Script mods are not the only mods that can affect how WickedWhims or the game is working.

Hey Turbodriver,

thanks for your fast reply and btw. thanks for your awesome mod :D

So i deleted all mods again, and the sims4 folder in the document folder to get rid of the cachefiles and everything and startet

a totaly clear new game.

Now it seems to be everything is working ok without mods. I don´t think that my computer is to old/slow for sims4, because i can

play most of current games with high graphic settings.

After vampire / wellness addon installation there was no lastExeption.txt or WWExeption.txt generated.

There were not many mods in my game, except a few Items, wallpapers, carpets and stuff like that. Other mods that i had were all

for WW like betterbody und Luumia-Skin.

So i will try to reinstall WW now without this objects-mods, but i realy won´t to forgo the betterbody und luumia mods.

I hope everything will now work like before i installed these addons, but if not i will deinstall the vampire addon because i don´t

realy need it as much as your mod and the problems get much reduced after i deactivated the vampire addon for testing :)

After a few hours of gameplay without mods now i realy don´t want to play without your mod anymore.. Its totaly annoying

without deactivated private settings for example, because my sim can´t get under the shower if her brother is on the toilet and

things like that :P

Do you see any chance that i get my old savegame working bugfree or did i need to start a complete new game again, because

there is no chance after the gamefiles changed with the addons, that it would be playable with them?

If i need to start a new game, could i install WW and load my new household that has no mods installed or did i need to start

totaly new after WW installation?

Thanks for your help and all your effort with this great mod. :)

Well, I wasn't that fast to reply this time.

You can pretty much clean your save from all of the mods by just loading it without them and saving your game.
But know that if you do this you will lose every custom content object you have in your game.

You shouldn't need to make a new game just to use WW.

Save Clean
There is a chance that after updating or by bugs you will have issues with stuck variables. The best way to deal with them is to clean your save.
You can clean your save in two steps, but start with doing just the first step and see if that helped.

1. WickedWhims saves most extra data in external files that are not embedded withing game saves. Go to you 'saves' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and delete the folder called 'WickedWoohooMod'. You will lose all your settings related to WickedWhims and some extra data, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

2. Some extra data is saved using in-game systems. You can clean that by removing WickedWhims from your 'Mods' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods), turning the game on and saving it. Saving the game without mods installed will remove any extra data that is not needed anymore. You will lose all of your WickedWhims content like skills, buffs and traits, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

Hey Turbo,

thats realy good to know! Thanks a lot for this information.. Should be very usefull for me :)

I installed your mod again to my cleared game files and first it seems to be ok, but after a few hours of gameplay i recognized, that there are some bugs again.

Sometimes my sim or a npc are doing something like playing piano or video games on the console and can´t get away from there. I has to resetsim them to

get them playeble again. Also the bug that they forgot (dissapears from to do list) some commands are happened again.The only mods i have installed now are

WW, BetterBody and Luumia skin. So i will try to remove BB and Luumia, because they are in my mod folder only since a few days and maybe something is

messed up with them, so i will try to use the Skin i´ve used before.

If this will not help to get this bugs fixed, i will realy uninstall this damn vampire addon :P

Ok, after i uninstalled BetterBody and Luumia, i was able to play for hours without a bug.

Then i installed only Luumia and could also play for hours without any problems.

So it seems that BetterBody caused the bugs or the combination from BetterBody with Luumia.

It could be that i made something wrong installing them together, because in the description of

BetterBody i read that its not compatible with any other skins. So maybe thats the problem.

Thats a pity, because i liked the combination of these two mods.

I don't see how BetterBody would be causing issues like that, it's just additional CAS parts and visual replacements.

It could be just coincidence that it doesn't happen every time since your issue sounds like sims simulation lag. The simulation lag could be caused by a lot of things.

Make sure you're playing on the 64-bit version, you're not in huge zones (like City Living) or sims inventories don't have too many items. I think I saw a list of things that causes simulation lag, but I don't know where to look for it.

And it's not that your CPU is the bottleneck, it just could be the technology Sims are running on.

Archived