[Help Request] Exporting Creature Animations from Blender

Kulu YaCock

I USE BLENDER 2.78

Wanna read a story?

I started trying to animate about a week ago, I was hopping around a bunch of seriously confusing guides for many migraine's worth of different roundabout multi-blender-version methods that conflicted with eachother, blablabla... At this point, I've exported a human idle animation successfully and used it in-game, but now I want to export creature animations too if I ever want to make SL animations of that type. I attempted to use the same method for humans while selecting my wolf rig(which I got from vpoteryaev), but it spat out an error probably relating to how the skeleton.txt provided by Anton doesn't work for wolves. So, how would I create one? Manually type out each block per bone? I can do that, but if I were to expand to other creatures, it'd be pretty useful for me and many others if there were a streamlined method.

Am I even on the right track? Please be on the right track.

I feel so close e.e

Here's a teaser.

**F/C BESTIALITY**

(GfyCat)

tl;dr:

How make/get/find skeleton.txt to export creature animations from Blender? Is that even the problem?

How make/get/find skeleton.txt to export creature animations from Blender? Is that even the problem?

If you have tried to mix "Anton Animation Tools" with "nif-anim-data-utils" or "blender nif plugin" (as logic of my utils based on last one but adopted for modern Blender version) you can get unwanted results. Because first stored skeleton data in .txt but last two internally in blender (adictionly "nif-anim-data-utils" stores them in bones that allows to copy skeletons from one instance of blender to another without issues)

For work with "Anton Animation Tools" try this ToolsPack to work with Blender 2.7 and Mesh Tool N6 - Skeleton Extractor

Sorry, but myself I don't 'play' with them, so can't guarantee that it helps.

Kind Regards.

If you have tried to mix "Anton Animation Tools" with "nif-anim-data-utils" or "blender nif plugin" (as logic of my utils based on last one but adopted for modern Blender version) you can get unwanted results. Because first stored skeleton data in .txt but last two internally in blender (adictionly "nif-anim-data-utils" stores them in bones that allows to copy skeletons from one instance of blender to another without issues)

For work with "Anton Animation Tools" try this ToolsPack to work with Blender 2.7 and Mesh Tool N6 - Skeleton Extractor

Sorry, but myself I don't 'play' with them, so can't guarantee that it helps.

Kind Regards.

These might be exactly what I needed, thank you.

I think you need yo manually edit Anton scripts currently is only for human characters so if you want to export creatures you need to change the bone names from the scripts to be exactly the same as the skeleton from creatures. 

one question though if you have trouble exporting how did you import the creatures into blender in the first place ??

I think you need yo manually edit Anton scripts currently is only for human characters so if you want to export creatures you need to change the bone names from the scripts to be exactly the same as the skeleton from creatures. 

one question though if you have trouble exporting how did you import the creatures into blender in the first place ??

Haven't gotten around to trying to import and rig my own armatures with the tools vpoteryaev just linked, but in one of his own files there was a wolf rig that I just appended into the .blend file provided by Anton; it's a Frankenstein of rigging that I'm quite proud of.  :sleepy:

As for Anton's script, I saw some the branches that explicitly mentioned the human bones. I'll probably see what I can do with that after exploring other possibilities. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Archived