WickedWhims Issue: Can't choose animation

imWeyra

How do you choose which animation the sims perform when using WickedWhims? When I click on the sim I can go into the WickedWhims dialogue where the list of animations are, but when I click on one it always plays a different animation from the list at random. I can't seem to find an option to fix this. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Hey imWeyra!

Please include on what version of the game you're playing.
Could you provide an example of that happening with the animation you use, location (object/floor), sims genders and your gender settings? Make sure you have the newest release of WickedWhims.
If you had any exception files created, please share them.

Posting Exception Files
Exception files can be found in The Sims 4 documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4). The most important file is called 'lastException.txt'. Additionally, there can be a file called 'WickedWhimsException.txt' which could be helpful too. Please look for the most recently created files since they will most likely be related to your issue.

You can include these files in your post or upload the contents of them to a sharing site like Pastebin. To use Pastebin, open your file, copy its contents to the site and create a new a new paste. Then copy the link of the site you're at after creating a paste and include it in your post.

Note that 'lastCrash.txt' files aren't useful to help your problem.

Thanks for the reply!

I think I found the issue. I kept testing it and I found that it only generates a random animation when I select the "Generic Missionary Kiss" animation from the OohLaLa World animation set. When I choose that, it always plays a different animation at random. If I avoid selecting that animation, then WickedWhims works just fine. So I think this may not be a WickedWhims issue but an issue with the OohLaLa World animations. I just didn't notice at the time that that was the case because "Generic Missionary Kiss" animation was at the top of the animation list, so of course that is what I was choosing as a new user.

But in case the information you asked for is still helpful for this issue:

WickedWhims version: 2.1.2.095.4 - 30 March 2017

Sims Genders: 1 Female & 1 Male (NPC)

Gender Setting: Gender Identity Based

I couldn't see an option to include the file in this post without simply copying and pasting. If you still need the exception file let me know and I will upload to Pastebin.

I think I will either uninstall OohLaLa World or just avoid selecting that option. Thanks again for your help :)

Interesting! Thanks for the details, that helps! I will inform the author of the animation and we will see what can be done to fix this.

EDIT:

Found the issue. The list dialog for picking animations was for some reason returning multiple results which would include any random animation from the list. This is not tied to any specific animation, it's just something that The Sims Developers did which for some reason does this. Not sure why, but I found an easy fix for it.

Archived