Skyrim crashes on new save?

So, I had Skyrim on my other laptop and installed it on this new one. Used my regular mods, and everything worked the way it was supposed to. I ended up having to give my computer back for a week (it's rent to own and I was a week behind) and when I got it back, they had wiped everything. I installed the exact same mods, and now I CTD whenever I try to play. Load old save. Crash. Start a new game. Crash. If it's vanilla then it will load no problem but the thing is, the mods are all the same and I don't understand why it wants to crash NOW. Any suggestions?

Well... I won't criticize your decision to get a laptop "powerful" enough to game on just so you can have some sort of portability/mobility, not to mention a rent-to-own one.  So I'll just jump into my answer:  how did you install those "exact same mods" that you mentioned?  Via the mod manager?  Or via some sort of backup?  

Prior experience doing the same thing tells me you're simply missing files if it crashes whenever you try to load an old save.  Meaning, you don't have the full files.  You either have only fragments or you're missing essential files entirely.  Other prerequisites besides just the mod files that many often overlook include the latest SKSE, Unofficial Patches, FNIS, or even the proper settings in both .ini files from My Documents and from the Skyrim Installation folders (Skyrim.ini, SkyrimPrefs.ini, enblocal.ini, SKSE.ini, etc.)  Even after "re-installing" Skyrim it's extremely helpful to use Steam to Verify the Integrity of Game Files before cramming your Skyrim full of mods.

Archived