Four-Play Framework Development Thread

vinfamy

As DocClox has given us permission to maintain Four-Play and continue its development (read the announcement here), in order to reduce the number of pinned threads to avoid confusion, I have decided to turn my old 'State of Four-Play' thread into the official Four-Play Development Thread, where we'll post updates on the development and listen to everyone's suggestions and feedback on the features and direction of Four-Play. Please redirect all discussion from DocClox's old development thread into this new development thread.

----------------------------------------------------------

4-month status update - 18 July 2017

After four months of development, I am happy to say that a lot of progress has been made both in terms of Four-Play framework and the ecosystem around it. Of course it's not as sophisticated as the four-year-old SexLab, but at the same time, it now even has some of its own advantages over SexLab.

While DocClox is currently on a break, the current version of Four-Play is already quite good and I added further improvements to it via Four-Play Community Patch. Four-Play has started to gain some interest from more modders, both old and new, and the existing Four-Play plugins are being updated quite often and have themselves progressed quite a bit.

What the Four-Play ecosystem can already do:

- A very performance-friendly framework to trigger all sort of sex scenes for humans, synths, ghouls and super mutants.

- Four-Play plugins cover a wide range of context, whether you simply want to trigger sex scenes or want the sex integrated into the game impressively. Most of those plugins offer user customizations too.

- Alignment works well, misalignment is limited to those caused by collision 

- Striping and redressing actors fine, except some redressing glitch with leveled actors.

- ~ 30 animations by Leito and Crazy, including some for super mutants

- Erection system with Dongs of Fallout and FP Nudesuits

- Pregnancy system with Family Planning

- Equip Vioxsis's strap-ons for FF sex scenes

- No need for dependencies like FNIS, XPMSE, etc. No DLC depedencies.

- No major mod conflicts

- Optional integration with the BDSM-themed Devious Devices

- Auxiliary features: use of beds, change sex position with hotkey, actors walk to where the sex takes place, cinematic camera

What Four-Play cannot do (yet):

- Apply cum at the end of sex scenes - I'll probably look into soon though

- Animations involving more than 2 actors (more to do with the lack of animators)

- Solve world peace, stop global warming, cure all diseases and bring back dinosaurs :)

Known Issues:

- Collision-related misalignment

- Redressing fails sometimes with leveled actors

Installation:

Admittedly, the Four-Play eco-system is currently a bit confusing to set up due to the need for installing separate animation packs and the unofficial patch, however, if you follow this guide carefully, you'll be fine. Once you get everything set up correctly, you'll find everything running smoothly from then on.

Diagnosis:

- If you don't get the notification (top-left corner) "Vinfamy: Registered Leito's (and Crazy's) animations and initialized Four-Play with Supermutant support." or if where animations are supposed to start, the actors just walk away/ continue going on with their day with no stripping, Four-Play's main API has not been initialized successfully. Nothing will work. This is most likely because you haven't installed F4SE's Scripts folder.

- If when animation triggers, the actors strip but get stuck standing still next to each other without moving for the duration of the sex scene, you most likely forgot to install Four-Play Community Patch.

Common Installation Mistakes:

- Not have F4SE installed at all

- Not copying F4SE's scripts folder into the game's installation folder (you can't install F4SE via a mod manager)

- Wrong Papyrus settings in your fallout4custom.ini, under '[Papyrus]' section:

[Papyrus]
 bEnableLogging=1
 bEnableTrace=1
 bLoadDebugInformation=1
 bEnableProfiling=1
 sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus

- Not start the game via F4SE

The Four-Play Ecosystem

Bare Essentials:

Other Animation Packs: can be loaded using FP AFAL

User Customization:

Male Body and Erection System: choose between

• Dongs of Fallout - use F4EE morphing to handle erection and 180-degree penis rotation
  • FP Nudesuits - equip an erect nude suit when sex scene starts

Four-Play Plugins: these set up the context for sex (sorted by current downloads)

BDSM Frameworks: integrated with the Four-Play ecosystem via FP AFAL

Other:

Okay, thank you for your informative post.  I'm sure it will come in handy.  I have one question: I've manually installed Four Play and installed your Mindless Sex mod.  When I load up a save, I have to add the sex gun via console.  All animations work even the misaligned ones, but I did not get the "Sex Slots set up" notification on startup.  What did I do wrong?

Okay, thank you for your informative post.  I'm sure it will come in handy.  I have one question: I've manually installed Four Play and installed your Mindless Sex mod.  When I load up a save, I have to add the sex gun via console.  All animations work even the misaligned ones, but I did not get the "Sex Slots set up" notification on startup.  What did I do wrong?

The gun will only be added on the second load. So load a save > quicksave > load that quicksave

"Sex Slots set up" notification only shows up once on the very first load for two seconds -you might have just missed it. 

The gun will only be added on the second load. So load a save > quicksave > load that quicksave

"Sex Slots set up" notification only shows up once on the very first load for two seconds -you might have just missed it. 

Okay, thank you.  I did not notice any of that.  But just wanted to say thank you for your mods, like Mindless Sex.  I picked the right time to return to Fallout 4 after 2 years.

- Animations with objects (bed, devious devices) - once again, mainly due to lack of animators

Note : due to how Four-Play is starting animations, every animation from it will respect the armoffsets of TortureDevices, which are used by DD.

Only downside is that some combinations of FP animation and armoffset will look bad / have clipping issues.

Just a note, when loading the first time, when the dialog appears asking if you want to load with mods, press NO.

This then triggers the notification 'Sex Slots set up'.

Then proceed with loading your save.

Works 100% on my machine without using quicksave.

Yours is not the only mod I do this with,

The 'Place Anywhere' mod had a habit of not loading,

when I use this start method that mod also works 100% when entering the game.

Silly question but is there a way to set NNM to start FO4 via F4SE?

I don't use NMM myself but pretty sure you can start the game via f4se_loader.exe in the installation folder and everything should work with all the mods you installed with NMM

- Play sounds with sex scenes

- A flexible animation loading system (a non-issue for now as there are no animators except Leito and Crazy)

- Bestiality animations (more to do with the lack of actual animations than the framework)

- Animations involving more than 2 actors (although you can always trigger multiple animations to start a mass orgy) - again more to do with the lack of animators working on it.

- Animations with objects (bed, devious devices) - once again, mainly due to lack of animators

- Solve world peace, stop global warming, cure all diseases and bring back dinosaurs :)

-I updated my mod/animations to support sound effects.

-Looking forward to the feature, although I understand there are more pressing matters.

-Looking into it eventually.

-Working on it...at least the last one anyways.

It appears that I've installed everything yet I'm running into an issue.  Posting instead of troubleshooting as I'm sure it's something simple I've overlooked. 

Installed Four-Play, Four Play-Vanilla Fudge, F04 Animations, Four-Play Prostitution.  The mods appear to work in that sleeping starts the dialogue.  Or, in Prostitution's case, NPC's approach and dialogue ensues.  The problem sets in at acceptance.  In every testing case so far, the mod strips appropriately, but idle animations play instead.  In the case of Vanilla Fudge, Cait stands there shifting from foot to foot, as does the player.  And, in the case of Prostitution, both Piper and random settler stand idle unclothed. 

Not sure what I did wrong.  Using NMM as a mod manager. 

Tried to use Four Play Mod with prostitution and VanillaFudge modules and got the same issue as Splinter34. PC and NPC are undressed so F4SE seems to work; but no animation, actors just stand and do nothing and redress after "act" ends. I've done everything according to instructions but didn't get message about sex slots (I assume this is the problem). I tried to unpack BA2 archive but it didn't help.

NPC/NPC with Autonomy mod activated do the same - just stand undressed for a while then redress and all.

Tried to use Four Play Mod with prostitution and VanillaFudge modules and got the same issue as Splinter34. PC and NPC are undressed so F4SE seems to work; but no animation, actors just stand and do nothing and redress after "act" ends. I've done everything according to instructions but didn't get message about sex slots (I assume this is the problem). I tried to unpack BA2 archive but it didn't help.

NPC/NPC with Autonomy mod activated do the same - just stand undressed for a while then redress and all.

Lieto's current animations DO NOT WORK with Four Play ATM.........

:(

Thank you for the clarification.  I'd been digging around in my game files trying to find the problem.  Given what you've shared it does indeed appear that I've installed correctly, but the incompatibility that currently exist between Lieto's Mod and Four-Play explains my issue.

Thank you for the clarification.  I'd been digging around in my game files trying to find the problem.  Given what you've shared it does indeed appear that I've installed correctly, but the incompatibility that currently exist between Lieto's Mod and Four-Play explains my issue.

it works now, vinfamy released a compatibility patch here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3967-four-lei-four-play-compatibility-patch-for-leitos-pack-with-aggressive-anims-and-sounds/

Orrayt3x is right. Leito's new animations and sounds now work with Four-Play with the help of the compatibility patch  above.

Everything working correctly and actors stripping but then stand there idled is a clear sign of missing animation files, which was probably indeed caused by Leito's short-lived incompatibility with Four-Play :)

Yup, managed it to work on clean save. Really happy that mods has no forced gender check so my male PC can make caps with his body and easily make quests he-he.

Nice timing to take a look into LL ))))

After all requirements installed / it works like a charm / thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for this.

Just some questions.

How can i change the length of the animaton? Its to short for mz taste.

Thank you so far

Ava

Nice timing to take a look into LL ))))

After all requirements installed / it works like a charm / thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for this.

Just some questions.

How can i change the length of the animaton? Its to short for mz taste.

Thank you so far

Ava

For Mindless, you can set the duration.

Not for the rest of the plugins though. You'll have to wait for the Four-Play framework itself to have some sort of configuration menu. 

Archived