What's the meatiest ENB I can put on Skyrim with these specs?

trees

Just got back into Skyrim after realizing I never finished Dragonborn and can't get over how... PS2-era the graphics look. So I wanna do something about that.

I've got:

* NVidia GeForce GTX 960M graphics card

* 8 GB RAM, but I tend to run stuff in the background so with vanilla Skyrim running i've got maybe 1GB of that free

* Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz CPU

The Skyrim or the Skyrim SE.

The Skyrim SE has more memory accessible from your system than the original one. makes a difference.

The short story of it is there are likely ENBs that you can run on your system based on experienced members here might be able to show you however each system and more importantly the mod combinations make a big difference. The chipset and speed of ram and other features of your computer. Some very slow spec computers can really move on some task much better than their higher spec brothers. 

Two approaches I use besides asking for from those with similar specs computers as mine. I either decide to go all out and push to the limit and then move down as needed or so slow and upgrade as I go through. One of my best configurations came from me pushing it well beyond where I knew it would work and test and decide what I wanted to lower. I ended up customizing some of the fies by lowering smaller items like textures and meshes from glasses and tables but kept the bigger ones for walls and rope. It look great until my Steam took a dump and accidentally erased the work I did. :(

In fact I was asked which enb I had when I hadn't had any. I used some weather mods in combination and lighting mods to the point it looked pretty good. Didn't take a big hit on my graphics card ...which is the GTX670 at the time. Now I have a GTX 970 and some light room for ENB if I wanted to. However I always end up wanting more scripted mods and decide to cut the eye candy a bit for more features and scripts. 

These things aren 't answering your question however hopefully help none the less in giving you some ideas on future growth and paths you might want take and some things you might want to consider besides just slapping the most beefiest ENP you can.

Oh and there is a tutorial here

https://nsfwmods.com/forums/topic/46-a-naughty-and-immersive-skyrim/

with some pretty good ideas and mods used in combination that gets a pretty good result. She I believe has a GTX970 as well, so perhaps choose the lower texture (instead of 2 k choose 1k etc) to get the results you want. It is outdated though so you will only be able to use it as a general guideline. (also for the original Skyrim, she might be making a new one for Skyrim SK)

Archived