Skyrim, from Bodyslide to in game. Where can I find a tutorial?

Guest MrCymrych

Guest MrCymrych

I recently downloaded outfits from this thread: 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61400-malfdawgs-bodyslide-conversions/page-1

The problem is: I have no idea what to do with those files now. I've looked around for a tutorial on how to get the bodyslide files in game, but it seems this is so simple that no tutorials bother to mention it. When I try to batch build files and end up with .nif files often times there's also a .tri file there.
When I then replace a vanilla armor with those .nif files the armor doesn't have any textures in game and is just bright purple. Do I have to make my own .esp?

I realise this is a very basic question, but I'd love to get this down so I can slowly move on to more complex stuff.

When I then replace a vanilla armor with those .nif files the armor doesn't have any textures in game and is just bright purple.

Seems like you forgot the first rule of modding:

Always check if you installed the mod requirements too.

The files provided there are just the conversions for Bodyslide, not the outfit mods themselves. Malfdawg even points you to the original mods.

Install them and let the output from the Bodyslide conversion overwrite their files (or load the Bodyslide output after the original). That should fix the purple texture error.

Guest MrCymrych

When I then replace a vanilla armor with those .nif files the armor doesn't have any textures in game and is just bright purple.

Seems like you forgot the first rule of modding:

Always check if you installed the mod requirements too.

The files provided there are just the conversions for Bodyslide, not the outfit mods themselves. Malfdawg even points you to the original mods.

Install them and let the output from the Bodyslide conversion overwrite their files (or load the Bodyslide output after the original). That should fix the purple texture error.

I thought the first rule of moddings was: You don't talk about modding. This explains a lot!

I knew it would be incredibly obvious... Thanks!

Archived