Skyrim SE not recognizing Nividia Card

I upgraded to an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4gb recently, everything else seems to be fine and other games are recognized by Nvidia.  I've done a Google search and have tried several fixes (listed below) and just am about tearing my hair out with this one, not sure what else to do >.<  If anyone else has any other suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Here's what I've tried so far...

1. Clean install of SSE, with admin rights on both skyrim executables

2. Running Nvidia Control Panel with admin rights, Nivida recognizes the game no problem.  I can also set optimal settings within Nvidia itself, though I'm not sure what the optimal settings ARE for SSE (and what's best left to an ENB/ini tweaks) so I'm reluctant to adjust them as of yet.

3. I don't have an integrated graphics card alongside my new card, and there is no option within Nvidia Control Panel settings to change to the "preferred graphics driver" for Skyrim executables, as some fixes have suggested.

If it was my hardware, I would expect to have issues with other games, old Skyrim detects my new card just fine.  I've installed SSE outside of Program Files, verified integrity of them through Steam... I'm just left scratching my head here.

Thanks d_manXX2 yeah I'm going to do the same, did you optimize Skyrim SE in the control panel?  I know the STEP guide has a bit of info on how to optimize Nividia for old Skyrim... as yet I've found guides on optimizing FPS, but no particular info on what's best left to enb or to the nvidia card for SSE :/

Archived