Enhanced Graphics for TS4 Using RESHADE

R-Lo

Hi Everyone!

Recently I've been lucky to see lots of awesome screenshots from fellow Simmers using a clever piece of software called "Reshade"

This is a post processing application that will run in the background of TS4 and will enhance the graphics, lighting, clarity, colour etc by downloading presets or adjusting the settings manually.

It's truly game changing and works pretty well on my i3 laptop in "performance"mode and not too many effects running but for a more powerful machine it will render you speechless!

I'm no expert in this matter at all and only got it working yesterday so I'm not able to answer many questions but the tutorial is very good and clearly delivered and I've had help with from some nice people here :) I've created this thread in the hope that we can share knowledge, tips and tricks to make our Sims worlds more beautiful, unique and defined!

Happy Simming!

R-Lo

Right now I'm using a cinematic preset as I don't know much and it's the one I like the most of the 8 I downloaded. I'll put up some pics soon. I also learned you have to hit tab to get rid of the Sims UI, if you don't take a screenshot through the Reshade screenshot the settings won't be there as it was in Sims 3 with SweetFX. Also CAS screens have to have the UI edited out.

Thanks for that! I had one pic with the ui in it and was like WTF!

I've tried making my own laptop friendly preset, so far I've used:

Colourfulness

Vibrance

LumaSharpen

If I use too many at once, it begins to lag, but with just these 3 running it's making a shit ton of difference! Being in performance mode also helps a lot! :)

Maybe I've done something wrong but it seems like you have more control in 3.06 than you do in 3.07. I was alittle peeved as Reshade didn't make it easy to find older downloads at all.. :@ But, with some internet searching I found someone who had all copies in his/her mediafire. I have 3.06 now and I'll see what I can come up with.

Maybe I've done something wrong but it seems like you have more control in 3.06 than you do in 3.07. I was alittle peeved as Reshade didn't make it easy to find older downloads at all.. :@ But, with some internet searching I found someone who had all copies in his/her mediafire. I have 3.06 now and I'll see what I can come up with.

Oh man! Sorry to hear that you had trouble with it, you mentioned that you're very savvy and I can imagine you've more understanding of it than me already, I've no clue and just trying random things, what in particular do find makes you prefer the previous version?

Maybe I've done something wrong but it seems like you have more control in 3.06 than you do in 3.07. I was alittle peeved as Reshade didn't make it easy to find older downloads at all.. :@ But, with some internet searching I found someone who had all copies in his/her mediafire. I have 3.06 now and I'll see what I can come up with.

Oh man! Sorry to hear that you had trouble with it, you mentioned that you're very savvy and I can imagine you've more understanding of it than me already, I've no clue and just trying random things, what in particular do find makes you prefer the previous version?

It's okay, I found out that in 3.07 you can't adjust each setting like you can in 3.06. For example, if you turn clarity on, it's just on and you can't make adjustments in 3.07 so though there may be bug fixes in 3.07 I prefer 3.06 and my game still runs just fine.

It's okay, I found out that in 3.07 you can't adjust each setting like you can in 3.06. For example, if you turn clarity on, it's just on and you can't make adjustments in 3.07 so though there may be bug fixes in 3.07 I prefer 3.06 and my game still runs just fine.

Really? Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I've found that the menu underneath relates to the top one, there's a section for each switch, I noticed that once I saved my preset somehow it reorganized the top menu showing the options I chose at the top but the bottom list stayed the same,

But it's alphabetical ordered so easy to find, if you scroll down to clarity it'll adjust it :)

Guest zheur

You can switch from performance mode to configuration mode to adjust the settings for each filter.

5454.jpg

You can switch from performance mode to configuration mode to adjust the settings for each filter.

5454.jpg

Is that all it took?? What a dummy I am...

facepalm.jpg

5454.jpg

facepalm.jpg

You're kidding right?! :D did that really help? I'm such a noob I didnt wanna state the obvious lol! Sometimes it takes a simpler mind :D

5454.jpg

facepalm.jpg

You're kidding right?! :D did that really help? I'm such a noob I didnt wanna state the obvious lol! Sometimes it takes a simpler mind :D

Yes it was that obvious as I'm making fun of myself. I'll go back to 3.07 as it's very easy to install and uninstall now and see if I can set things up again and yes sometimes simplicity wins out but your mind isn't simple... :P  :P

5454.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Yes it was that obvious as I'm making fun of myself. I'll go back to 3.07 as it's very easy to install and uninstall now and see if I can set things up again and yes sometimes simplicity wins out but your mind isn't simple... :P:P

Haha! Nice one :) hope you have fun and looking forward to more shots!

I've noticed something funny! With the capture button set to C, you'll get screenshots when typing in the cheat console! "testing"C"heats"! Etc

I was like WTF where they coming from!!!

and then I realized :D :D

post-1366609-0-75866600-1492050590_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just a FYI for Reshade and W10 users, you need to have the latest Reshade installed if you have the latest W10 update as it changes quite a few things. I can't say for sure if you need the latest Reshade or you need to just re-install Resahde but I was having crashes and I uninstalled Reshade and installed the latest all is good now.

Was getting ready to film a video, and wanted to take some screenshots to show the difference my new settings make. I split the image down the middle and flipped it so you can see the same image with and without the preset. It really brings out green and blue I think, as you can see in the pic of the sad lil plant-sim lol.

post-1317150-0-41951200-1493066336_thumb.pngpost-1317150-0-60277100-1493066369_thumb.pngpost-1317150-0-68822400-1493066416_thumb.png

Was getting ready to film a video, and wanted to take some screenshots to show the difference my new settings make. I split the image down the middle and flipped it so you can see the same image with and without the preset. It really brings out green and blue I think, as you can see in the pic of the sad lil plant-sim lol.

reshadecompare1.png reshadecompare4.png reshadecompare5.png

Looks really great the way you've set it, it's brought out so much more than the colour, even down to finer details in the furnishings, like the grain in the wood etc :)

Archived