Kidnapped By Fiends - Sexout Patch

View File

Patches the sex scenes to be fully animated via sexout, rather than fade to black. No additional changes.

I think I got them all, let me know if you find one I missed, or any other issues.

Requirements

Macaca22's original mod, 'Kidnapped By Fiends': http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62655/? Tested with v1.0, though may work for future versions.

Sexout version '95 or later: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/548-sexoutng-stable-release-97/

License / Permissions

CC0 / Public domain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license#Zero_.2F_public_domain Do whatever you want with it. Obviously, this only covers this patch, not the original mod, which is not included.

Credits

Macaca22 for the original mod. Loverslab community for sexout.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/05/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Kidnapped By Fiends, Sexout '95+

I tried this for a little bit before work. I ran into a problem after the 1st sex scene; the screen turned black and

stayed that way. I could still see other screens such as the load screen, MCM etc. I gave it about 2 minutes

to return to normal, in case you were just trying to be dramatic or artsy :lol: I could still hear the ambient

noises during the black screen.

I inadvertently tried the original mod when I forgot to activate your patch; that allowed me to progress past the

first scenes and showed the world space.

The NPC's in the first sex scene also got massively scaled up except for the ones who had or were having sex

with my PC

Ack, I thought I fixed that :blush: . Uploaded a new version with the initial scene fixed (and tested it..).

In the initiation scene, the fiends are double scaled. I presume macaca22 did this for effect; it works well in the vanilla version but becomes obvious when you have sexout freecam, as does the holes in the room. Sexout scales the sex partner back down to 1.0 so that the animations align.

I guess I could redecorate the room or add visual FX to disguise it.

• 2 weeks later...

So the whole slow motion penetration and sounds are rather hilarious the first time, but after that ... Does this mod always give Turbo with the first scene (and any after)?

Any way you could remove Turbo from the possible drugs with your patch, or at the very least if someone can direct me a bit on how to do it myself.

• 3 weeks later...

When one of the fiends says "Take a seat" does he mean that literally? Because sitting in his ruined couch in front of him does nothing, only talking to him normally does that, so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

Also, is it possible to get more than 20 caps or repeat stuff in there? I already found the food and gave it to the raider and escape the "vanilla" way but I want to know if I'm missing on any more content.

Thanks!

@nalonsowp: I haven't got round to trying TTW yet.

@CK: I noticed that, but you'd have to ask macaca22. This mod is just a simple swap of the FTB sex scenes to use sexout.

Yeah I know, I was just hoping our userbase would have a higher chance of knowing, given the nature of the site  :D

Thanks for the conversion Odessa! 

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason, the scence still fades to black for me... I only get sound and the occasional menu choice, after a brief glance at the kidnappers. I'm positive that I have installed both the mod and the patch, and that both ESPs are active. I'm using Mod Organizer, and it also shows that neither the mod nor the patch are overwritten by anything. Any idea what the issue might be? Game is recently installed, so all mods should be in their newest version.

• 1 month later...

Well it works for me, sort of. At the beginning when the Fiends capture you it goes into 3rd person floating camera, but my character is not there, only the fiend NPC. I made sure they captured me in 3rd Person Camera mode, but it still give me an invisible character for the first two scenes (When you're hit with turbo and the NPC's are all huge).

I'm sure this has to do with the Quest script turning the player into first person camera when the first scene happens!

EDIT! It was a load order issue with SexoutfadetoBlack or Positioning, just place the .esp file below all other Sexout plugins.

• 2 years later...

Hello...

Uh, tell me... Isn't there a way to just create a pack containing this mod alongside every part needed for it rather to having to hunt down everything across the entire site, please ? It's... well, rather cumbersome spending hours hunting everything down, especially when each part needs others things.

I've tried to install sexout tryout and sexout tryout quests by following the instructions to the damn letters, but i've discovered that some parts needed to use them were deleted from the site AND from Nexus... And apparently, some of the deleted parts are needed for this one too.

So... yeah, if it were possible to re-upload the mod by making it in a pack form, it would be far more easy... 

Pardon my english wich may be... subpar by the way. I'm a frenchie, so I have some difficulties writing in english...

1 hour ago, DamianCross said:

Hello...

Uh, tell me... Isn't there a way to just create a pack containing this mod alongside every part needed for it rather to having to hunt down everything across the entire site, please ? It's... well, rather cumbersome spending hours hunting everything down, especially when each part needs others things.

I've tried to install sexout tryout and sexout tryout quests by following the instructions to the damn letters, but i've discovered that some parts needed to use them were deleted from the site AND from Nexus... And apparently, some of the deleted parts are needed for this one too.

So... yeah, if it were possible to re-upload the mod by making it in a pack form, it would be far more easy... 

Pardon my english wich may be... subpar by the way. I'm a frenchie, so I have some difficulties writing in english...

Biggest issues about the dependencies etc, is that some mod-makers have requests for their copyright, that make it impossible to merge it into a pack.

Once your mod becomes part of the compilation, you as a modmaker lose control of your mod.

If you want to update your mod, the compilation needs an update

And as a compilation-modmaker, you have to keep track of all copyright-approvals and declines, with each of the nuances.

Example for MaternityPackOverkill. With approval I may change the Kristina's Closet outfits to fit the pregnancy sizes, but:

A: Can't include the entire mod, only link to it.

B: Can't include textures, unless it is technically needed

c : I'm not allowed to touch all outfits, because the owner of Kristina's Closet himself has been given the rights to use the speicific outfits into KC, but not allowed to give that right to third parties.

Conclusion. Copyrights are landmines and while 99.99% of all modmakers will not make a fuss over accidentally violating copyright rights, you can always run into one that will give a hissyfit and demand your entire mod removed, the modmaker disbarged for Nexus and Loverslab and the modmaker sued.

Oh, right, I didn't think about that.

I thought that since sexout was a big project, it was something made by a collective of modders or something putting their mods together, their wasn't problems of that kind. My apologies.

Oh well, too bad for me I guess XD, I won't be able to use that mod or the others since some of the ressources vanished

18 hours ago, DamianCross said:

Oh, right, I didn't think about that.

I thought that since sexout was a big project, it was something made by a collective of modders or something putting their mods together, their wasn't problems of that kind. My apologies.

Oh well, too bad for me I guess XD, I won't be able to use that mod or the others since some of the ressources vanished

The mods that are gone, are for some outfits and special races. You don't really need them; they are in a status of 'if you have them, it is supported'

At least 2 are gone. Krystal-something, a sexy attire, and perhaps one or 2 more.

... And still, i've installed every mod while following the instructions to the letter. I also controlled the installation to make sure before launching...

But the game froze during the first screen (the one with the "all right reserved") before cutting and sending me back on FOMM. Since it only does that when I have a mod without the ressources, that's the only thing that comes to mind to explain the bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@DamianCross:

Resources and permissions are a PITA. I've released all my mods under public domain (sexout always was), so anyone can do whatever they want with them. I wish more people would do the same- Personally I would be really happy if someone took my work and built on it, but evidently not everyone feels this way and you've got to respect their wishes :(.

The kidnapped by fiends mod is still on nexus.

All the genuine requirements for SCR are still available, its just some of the outfits which you don't need unless you want to wear them that aren't. All outfit requirements are 'optional' - it will not crash your game if you don't have them, you'll just see a bug ugly red cross if you try to wear the outfit.

If it is crashing, you probably have a missing master- if you have the latest FOMM, look for plugins highlighted red. Or else you have a corrupted plugin; try downloading again.

• 2 weeks later...