noxDev

Hey Lovers Lab! I hope I'm doing this in the right place...

I'm here to join up with your community, and tell you guys about us and our plans for the future.
We are Noxious Studios, and we are an up and coming game development firm servicing the niche market of the h-game community.
Our first title in progress is called Monster Girl Garden, is a garden building, time management/ life simulation game. The player is granted a dejected section of land in which to build a garden to attract the monster girls of the world. Various types ranging from slime girls and harpies to lamia and succubi, roam the wilderness looking for a place to call home, attract visitors by fulfilling their attraction requirements, and "persuade" (;}) them to stay. Ward off feral untamable girls by sending your strongest to fight them in order to protect your garden and weaker monster girls. If you've ever played Viva Pinata the game will play a lot like that.

Just linking up the Dev Blog and posting a few screen shots from development here, the game is in EARLY alpha and has been under development for about 2 weeks so keep that in mind. We will be looking into building a community and possibly collecting donations in order to speed up the progress of a public playable demo.

Public Demo

Patreon
Dev Blog
YouTube Channel
Twitter

(The final 3 photos showcase the time lapse/ day-night cycle.)

post-1861585-0-32178000-1491279072_thumb.pngpost-1861585-0-12926200-1491279080_thumb.pngpost-1861585-0-41774800-1491279087_thumb.pngpost-1861585-0-44659300-1491279562_thumb.pngpost-1861585-0-10578800-1491279570_thumb.png

Interesting. Do you get molested by the ferals you lose to, though? Pardon my bluntness, but reverse-molestation (as DL-site likes to call it) is a staple of the Monster Girl trope. Just curious~

Oh definitely that's going to be a big requirement for a lot of the stronger monsters to become residents, will be to allow them to have their way with either a certain number or a certain species of your monsters. Ferals can be tamed it will just be much harder and require more of you and your garden. In addition your gardens monsters will have mating requirements, sometimes before they will mate with their own species they will have to "defeat" again either a certain number or a certain type of monster. These could be other monsters you own or visitors, or ferals if they are strong enough.

Long story short combat and the "defeat" of monsters will be a huge part of the game.

Viva Pinata was one of my favorite games on the 360. You have piqued my interest good sir and or madam.

Hahaha, mine too, friend. Mine too. Stay tuned, if this game catches on we have plans to add far more content than Viva Pinata ever dreamt of. Certainly content of a totally different nature  ;)

I'll toss some information on the bigger updates into this thread, so check it out from time to time if you're really interested in the game, alternatively the Dev Blog is linked in the first post. Big updates like, oh I don't know, say every time we add a monster girl to the game.

Say if we added Slime Girl...

Say, if we did this today;

post-1861585-0-44715800-1491354925_thumb.pngpost-1861585-0-21771600-1491354930_thumb.pngpost-1861585-0-05998000-1491354943_thumb.gif

post-1861585-0-28847400-1491422028_thumb.png

First pic is an example of her rig, with a very simple idle stance posed. The next you'll see all her slimy glory in engine with basic materials applied, we're working on making a texture for her soon. The last one should be a gif of a fuck sequence I animated, incase it doesn't play I'll provide a direct link to the animation here.

EDIT: Oh yay, it plays.

I'm curious will the main gender of the main character will be male since it's all female or will it be a mix of both male and futanari?

Will people be able to customize their main characters or able to customize the monster looks/colors palate?

Will there be some ( i doubt it) some vore scene or reverse vore since i am a huge fan of those things?

Will the garden be able to be freely (meaning it can be place almost everywhere and every angel) or square (graph like customizations like 4x4 trees and such) when customizing it (if players can do that) or will it be a pre-made garden?

Bleh so many questions i want to ask but i don't want to be a nucient. :c

So the fact that all the characters are girls has given us some things to think about, there are two options, and honestly I think we'll end up doing one and then updating into the other eventually. The first idea is suspension of disbelief, all are female and females can mate with females and produce offspring, the second is to have a male and female version of each monster and only male and females matings can produce offspring, we are also looking at interspecies breeding, for example the slime can mate with anything and produce one of the two species as offspring.

We've thought about making a male and female human model which will be customizable for the 'player' to mate with the monsters themselves, at this point you are a disembodied god hand.

We will look at adding other kinky things based on demand and possibly as a reward for donors if we get to the donation phase, futanari will be in, since I as a creator will ensure it.

I like that you asked about varied color pallets, fulfilling special goals with monsters will unlock new outfits for them. Each goal progressively harder and each outfit progressively sexier.

The garden works on a tile system so some things are restricted to a grid like planting trees, but other things like decorations you place will be free.

Please ask away! I love the questions it helps us get more info about the game out and even helps us figure some of it out as well!

Oh man i like this idea so much I like monster girls and loved viva pinata and never would have dreamed of an amalgamation of the two.

I am super stoked for this.

my only question is how big are you gonna make the garden and will it have the unlockable tiers of size.

The garden is 10x10 tiles to start, at the moment there is room to expand to 13x13 before the forest line cuts off any other tile placement. As we add updates and girls and move along we will be sliding the forest line back to accommodate further expansion. We will add as much space as is needed and can always add more if fans want it.

Just hopping on here really quickly to show you guys the video from the newest update, erotic animations are in engine. Still need to tweak the climax and add the facial animations but it's working. Right now this is as simple as the Neko girl masturbating when her horniness stat gets high enough, but I assure you it is only the beginning ;)

Neko Girl Masturbating

So since were the disembodied hand eventhough it would be cool if was a real pc where we can talk to them and such.

Will there be a thing or phase where the monster you have or wild will go in a phase where they release pheromones to attract other monsters? 

Will it haves some violence/ fights between yours monsters and/or wild monsters and if your monster wins they have a chance to recruit the wild into your garden or if they lose they just get rape by the wild monster?

Will a jealous system will be added where if you treat one better then the others they will get mad at you or the monster and randoms fights will appear?

Is their a needs system (ex: hunger, thirst, bathroom, and fun/play)?

Will there be more diverse garden shapes in the future? (like a circle, hexagon, you know what i mean)

Will there be different sizes for one race? (like seeing a neko girl with a c-cup and haves a 4'5 height compared to a neko girl with a a-cup  and is 4'9 height)

The player character and their interaction with the monsters is something were still thinking about, we've considered letting the player use items such as dildos on the monsters, or even offering a fourth tool as the hand. Another idea is a customizable character model which wanders the garden much like the monsters do but is ready to take your commands to perform on the monster, tool use would remain the same in this case.

Pheromones are a great idea I'm writing it down. Heat, pheromones and a season where they get horny way quicker.

Yes monster fighting and "defeat" are a huge part of the game. Visitor monsters might need to defeat certain other monsters in order to fulfill resident requirements, or your resident monsters may need to do this to fulfill mating requirements etc.

Monsters absolutely have needs, the first added is horniness, energy and hunger are the others we are using for now but we'll look at expanding to entertainment possibly bathroom.

We eventually want to move away from the grid system and something that looks more similar to viva pinata's painting system. It looks like vertex painting but we need to research coding it.

We need to look at blend shapes for breast size and other body variants but it is something we've considered, this could be fun because it could be added to the breeding system so you could selective breed a garden of giant breasted monsters if you wanted.

Added a new post to the development blog with a breakdown of the stats we've chosen for the until release. The stats we went with are: Hp, Mp, Energy, Attack, Defense, Speed, Loyalty, Hunger, and Horniness. The breakdown explains how each of these affect the monsters behaviour and other game play.

The breakdown is tl;dr so you can read it here: http://noxdev.blogspot.ca/2017/04/mgg-stat-explanations.html

post-1861585-0-84800900-1491762859_thumb.png

Next we'll be adding some kind of food which can be found by chopping logs or cutting grass, and then seeds which can be found by clearing soil and can be planted to grow various crops/trees. Later when the shop is in food will be purchasable. After all this is in and we get the first neko on neko animations working in engine we'll be releasing a short game play video.

We would like to eventually add a male variant for each species, as well as a futanari version.

That's funny that you mention that, certain monsters will learn special commands when their loyalty is high enough, one of the commands we thought of for the slime girl was she can give your other monsters nuru massages. We might eventually add a system where you need to water plants to keep them growing, or even prevent them from wilting, if we include this I'll remember your suggestion to have the slime girl water plants.

So right now neko and slime girl are in the game, there's just a few more animations to do on them and they're actually done for now. In the future there will be harpies, elves, cyclopes, and eventually the harder girls will be like mersharks, succubi, and demons. Which girls we add and in what order will largely be based on fan demand, and maybe as rewards for donations.

There will 100% be futanari variants.

To be honest I've had an eye on this game since this thread was posted and wanted to wait until the game was more fleshed-out before saying so, but given how genuine your interest in building a community around the game seems to be and how zealously you respond to people's questions, ideas and recommendations here, I figured that I may as well make my own opinions and ideas known sooner rather than later. You seem to really want to make this game, and against my better judgment I'm going to trust that you stick with that conviction.

Now, on to some things I'm curious about regarding your plans for the game. Picking out of the thoughts I've had at random: you've mentioned wanting to potentially link appearance to genetics and that one thing one could potentially do with this would be to allow for selective breeding to allow a degree of control over this... but according to your blog, the monster (girls) appear to pick who they mate with in a predominantly random manner. How do you plan to allow random mating and selective breeding to coexist? I figure it'll be a matter of the random mating not having a chance to sire progeny, whereas a targeted command from the player is required for two characters to actually breed and produce offspring, since that would also deal with the exponential increase in number of characters that would occur if random breeding was a thing.

Speaking of selective breeding, I would recommend for the game to actually store information regarding characters' relations to one another and be able to display it to the player. There could be a tab for each character with a simple list of characters related to that character, along with (a) designation(s) of "father", "mother", "sister", "cousin" etc., similar to what is found in Rimworld, for instance (example picture from said game). If you do implement this, however, make sure the system can handle a lot of designations, as selective breeding typically involves a lot of inbreeding, too.

Moving on, what exactly will be the process of the product of breeding showing up? Do you plan for it to be the easy solution from Breeding Season and other such games of the breeding occurring and instantly producing fully grown offspring, or do you plan to take the difficult path of actually having the mother go through pregnancy and giving birth, and the offspring starting out small and taking a while to grow up? I'd prefer the latter myself, but it is a lot more work.

I presume that there will be at least one resource of some kind that will be required in order to expand and improve the habitat, if for nothing else. How will players earn this resource? Will there be some kind of product passively generated by the characters that can be sold to earn this? Whatever you end up doing, I'd recommend to not make selling characters a requirement for this; an option, sure, but never a prerequisite for further growth. No one wants to be that monster girl farmer (or whatever such a person would call itself) that has to sell a creature one has become (even mildly) attached to. A lot of people never get attached, obviously, but give the people who do the option not to sell creatures.

Finally (for now), I recommend implementing a way to store creatures off-screen. Chances are that as more types of creatures are added and players get into collecting all of them and trying to selectively breed the various species to their liking, it'll result in a ton of characters that, even if the game could handle them all being on screen at the same time (which seems unlikely, given that the area they live in has a limited size), would inevitably become fairly taxing to the system running the game. And heralding back to the above suggestion regarding some players not wanting to get rid of characters permanently, I'd suggest being able to store them in a simplified manner instead where they would simply be saved for one to bring them back later, if one so desired, without them taxing the game and system needlessly.

I think that's what I have for now. Keep up the good work and - just as importantly - your enthusiasm for the project. I really hope to see this game going somewhere.

So loyalty is the system which drives how much control over the girl's you have. A monster with 0 loyalty does whatever it wants and will take no commands from you, however as their loyalty increases different commands become available. The first one is instructing them to masturbate, you unlock this at loyalty 10/100. If a player truly desires to selective breed so early, they can control which monsters are horny enough to have sex, by making the less desired breeding partners masturbate to curb their lust. Only monsters whose lust goes above 50 will engage in willing sex (willing sex being the only way to procreate.)

However, as their loyalty increases new commands become available; (Eat) a certain item, (Fight) with a specific monster, and eventually commanding them to attempt to (Mate) with a specific monster. The loyalty score needed to unlock these commands is yet to be decided. A final word on loyalty is that stronger monsters will take longer to build loyalty, and loyalty can decrease depending on certain conditions.

Interesting idea, I'd have to plan out a smart way for the game to determine the more complicated relationships, but it's definitely doable.

I considered adding a pregnant stage, and with blend shapes it might not even be that hard to have the monsters "show." I'm not sure how much of the birthing I'd want to show, but the monsters could easily have a juvenile stage where they are smaller and actions may or may not be limited. The initial demo will just have them pop out instantly.

So the game contains currency, which is mainly required for purchases. However there are also certain resources (right now just wood and stone) which may also be required to purchase a certain upgrade or construct a certain decoration/building. The monsters will produce an item when masturbating and having sex. Masturbating does not require energy but it produces less items. These items can be collected to be sold, or possibly crafted in the future. Monsters will also be sellable, but I agree, I never want it to be a requirement to sell a monster. You also yield currency when cleaning your garden (chopping wood, breaking rocks, clearing grass) and grass will grow back over time. We're also looking at adding other debris that generate over time to be cleared for currency. Also when a monster is "defeated" there is a chance they will produce currency along with their item.

I agree that's going to be something we'll have to be very careful with as we move along, right now the idea was to have a building which could store a certain amount of a certain species of monsters. Neko Houses or Slime Coves for now, would allow the player to save space on the garden by "storing" them. And possibly all monsters who could fit would automatically enter one at night to sleep.

Thanks so much for your questions and interest in the project, I assure you I want to make this game for myself just as much as for other fans of the genre, and other people who's hearts have an empty spot from similar projects. If you have any other questions or ideas please don't hesitate to contact me in one way or another  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the blue, quick questions, Is their like some quest system for this (like this person want this cat-girl this height,size, look) or will it just be a farm game where you can do what you want?  because from reading your first paragraph on the last post sounded like that'll be implemented.

When you say you'll add pregnancy will it be like a huge diverse like cat-girl can get like 1-3 babies, slime can reproduce by themselves or with a mate, if in the future a arachnid race lays a egg sac and it can rage from 5-10 babies?

Will there be a restriction on how many monsters you can have in the garden, if so will it progressively increase if you either build a place of resident for certain monsters or will it be by how big the garden is; or is there's no limit on how many monsters can you have?

Will there be a resident system like having a pond can bring mermaids, sirens, slime; Then caves can bring arachnids, were-wolfs gals, and mushrooms girls?

Out of the blue, quick questions, Is their like some quest system for this (like this person want this cat-girl this height,size, look) or will it just be a farm game where you can do what you want?  because from reading your first paragraph on the last post sounded like that'll be implemented.

When you say you'll add pregnancy will it be like a huge diverse like cat-girl can get like 1-3 babies, slime can reproduce by themselves or with a mate, if in the future a arachnid race lays a egg sac and it can rage from 5-10 babies?

Will there be a restriction on how many monsters you can have in the garden, if so will it progressively increase if you either build a place of resident for certain monsters or will it be by how big the garden is; or is there's no limit on how many monsters can you have?

Will there be a resident system like having a pond can bring mermaids, sirens, slime; Then caves can bring arachnids, were-wolfs gals, and mushrooms girls?

In order,

Eventually there will be quests in one or more forms. I've got a few cool ideas, most of them are actual based on Viva Pinata game play, which is kind of funny. One type would be a delivery quest where either you are occasionally asked to provide a monster of a certain species, and maybe level or other stats, or there could be a board or list of requested monsters. There would be two ways to approach these quests, you are either selling the monster in which case a large monetary reward would be provided, or another consideration was that someone is simply "renting" your monster ( ;)) and they will be returned after a period of time, in this instance players would not have to give up monsters to complete quests. Another type of quest is actually based on VPs "romancing" mini game, in which the player controls the pinata through a maze of mines to reach the target, in this instance I was considering making simple randomized dungeons of varying difficulty for the player to control their monsters through. These are both way down the line however.

That's a good question, it would be very simple to start, one spawn per impregnation. But this could be altered down the line as long as it makes sense for game play.

EDIT: I missed one that that you nailed, Slime girls can reproduce with any species, with a 50% chance to produce either parent as offspring.

There will probably eventually have to be a limit, for one reason or another, but at the moment no there is no cap on monsters in your garden. However at the moment there are only 2 species, so this will probably change down the line when the 10+ I have planned are implemented.

Yup, you're asking about visiting/residing requirements  :), so the monsters will spawn into the area around your garden randomly over time as long as certain conditions are met. These are known as visiting requirements. There is a secondary set of requirements called residing requirements, and when these are fulfilled the monster girls who fulfilled them can become yours. For example a neko requires 20 grass tiles to visit, and 50 to reside (for now).

Is there a playable demo out? If not do you know when a realse date for demo will be?

Aiming for the middle of May. I don't want to attach a specific date to it just in case something slows it down, but the 15th is the middle of May  :ph34r: ...

Just thought I'd come in here and make a post letting you guys know about the progress of the Public Release DEMO!

The vast majority of the initial monster ai has been programmed, tweaked, and made fully functional. Many little bugs were rooted out along the way, because I think with a project which could potentially be as big as this one could, it's best to nip that stuff in the bud before things get too complicated.

Anway a few systems that are done: Requirements to attract certain visitors, requirements for certain visitors to become residents, combat behaviour, sexual behaviour (this includes masturbation, fucking and being fucked, and engaging in sex as the result of battle victory), day/night cycle, trees/plants can be planted and grow over time, food can be found and eaten, saving and loading works amazingly.

...So now all we have left to do is the animation content. Unless I'm forgetting something, which is why I'm still tentative to say the 15th as the hard release date, buuut... It's looking good. I'm going to release a time lapse of the garden showing some game play and ai behaviour over an extended period, that should be up on my YouTube channel some time tomorrow.

Archived