Sex interactions cause my game to crash...

:dodgy: Okay, so I have the latest version of WickedWhims and my TS4 is updated as well. I'm not really sure as to why, but as soon as I set up characters to do anything that has to do with WW, including looking in the mirror sexually, the game either immediately crashes or crashes a few seconds after it begins. I did the Mod Detector and it said the mod was broken. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hey nogoaway!

What version of the game do you have? I want the numbers.

A crash wouldn't happen just like that, there has to be something you have done.

Just it's explained below, any clothing, custom objects or interface modifications would mainly cause the game to crash, not a script mod like WW itself.

Crashes caused by Custom Content
Any outdated Custom Content like clothing, additional objects, edited tuning or other new content can cause crashes! Additional content to WickedWhims animations, penis replacements, skin replacements and extra objects are no exception to this rule. Custom Content is generally the most common issue of the game crashing.

Make a copy of your saves (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and try removing all Custom Content you have. Load the game afterward and see if the problem persists. Remember to remove everything, don't assume that something can't cause issues, no exceptions!

Crashes caused by Script Mods
Less likely, but still possible, are crashes caused by script mods. The reason for them being the lesser evil is the nature of the code they are running which is protected from ending the game process and crashing. Where it's still possible, it's rare that script mods will cause the game to crash and WickedWhims is classified as a script mod.

Since generally, you're looking to have the script mods (like WickedWhims or MC Command Center) running you don't really want to remove them. If removing Custom Content didn't help then look into posting any exception files that are being created by the game.

Hey nogoaway!

What version of the game do you have? I want the numbers.

A crash wouldn't happen just like that, there has to be something you have done.

Just it's explained below, any clothing, custom objects or interface modifications would mainly cause the game to crash, not a script mod like WW itself.

Crashes caused by Custom Content

Any outdated Custom Content like clothing, additional objects, edited tuning or other new content can cause crashes! Additional content to WickedWhims animations, penis replacements, skin replacements and extra objects are no exception to this rule. Custom Content is generally the most common issue of the game crashing.

Make a copy of your saves (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and try removing all Custom Content you have. Load the game afterward and see if the problem persists. Remember to remove everything, don't assume that something can't cause issues, no exceptions!

Crashes caused by Script Mods

Less likely, but still possible, are crashes caused by script mods. The reason for them being the lesser evil is the nature of the code they are running which is protected from ending the game process and crashing. Where it's still possible, it's rare that script mods will cause the game to crash and WickedWhims is classified as a script mod.

Since generally, you're looking to have the script mods (like WickedWhims or MC Command Center) running you don't really want to remove them. If removing Custom Content didn't help then look into posting any exception files that are being created by the game.

lastException_63627213061.txt

Cleaning your save should help for what the exception file says.

Save Clean
There is a chance that after updating or by bugs you will have issues with stuck variables. The best way to deal with them is to clean your save.
You can clean your save in two steps, but start with doing just the first step and see if that helped.

1. WickedWhims saves most extra data in external files that are not embedded withing game saves. Go to you 'saves' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and delete the folder called 'WickedWoohooMod'. You will lose all your settings related to WickedWhims and some extra data, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

2. Some extra data is saved using in-game systems. You can clean that by removing WickedWhims from your 'Mods' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods), turning the game on and saving it. Saving the game without mods installed will remove any extra data that is not needed anymore. You will lose all of your WickedWhims content like skills, buffs and traits, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

Archived