SKSE64 Speculation and Safe-Space Thread

pipdude

Well Bruma will be coming to SE soon and from the sounds of things all future releases from that team will be SE only so hopefully that will spark some renewed development interest.  In the meantime I'll happily continue playing with close to 100GB of mods installed in SE and never a crash.  SKSE64 will be a welcome edition when and if it comes but it's by no means required to have a great experience.

[

/quote]

I don't get the relevance to this forum, but fwi bruma is for the most part unplayable in oldrim without the help of skes's memory patch or enb boost together. I honestly hope they are successful in their se port

, but it dose not change the fact silverlock claimed responsibility for creating a script extender for the se edition, set a release date, failed and asked for more patience and time, and have done nothing to advance the project for 6 months, but the fan boys want to say we "the modding community" are the anti Christ, bullshit we are not wrong here, modders ARE leaving because of the lack of communication witch I feel is more bull shit, but that is another subject

Well Bruma will be coming to SE soon and from the sounds of things all future releases from that team will be SE only so hopefully that will spark some renewed development interest.  In the meantime I'll happily continue playing with close to 100GB of mods installed in SE and never a crash.  SKSE64 will be a welcome edition when and if it comes but it's by no means required to have a great experience.

[

/quote]

I don't get the relevance to this forum, but fwi bruma is for the most part unplayable in oldrim without the help of skes's memory patch or enb boost together. I honestly hope they are successful in their se port

, but it dose not change the fact silverlock claimed responsibility for creating a script extender for the se edition, set a release date, failed and asked for more patience and time, and have done nothing to advance the project for 6 months, but the fan boys want to say we "the modding community" are the anti Christ, bullshit we are not wrong here, modders ARE leaving because of the lack of communication witch I feel is more bull shit, but that is another subject

The memory limitation does not apply to SSE at all, so I can totally understand their decision and support it.

In time more and more people will move over to SSE.

Would it be possible to set up some kind of stop gap solution to get the more important mods to work? Myself I REALLY want HDT animations to be a thing again. If SKSE64 isn't there to do it, could some other mod be made to allow for it without adding the entire package of SKSE?

Would it be possible to set up some kind of stop gap solution to get the more important mods to work? Myself I REALLY want HDT animations to be a thing again. If SKSE64 isn't there to do it, could some other mod be made to allow for it without adding the entire package of SKSE?

the sad part is that no one is even trying to do that, There is a .dll loader on SE nexus but its limited in its functionality, maybe in future it can do more but for now it can't load hdtphysicsextention.dll or CharacterMakingExtender_plugin.dll and stuff like that. But I don't think it will matter anyway cause as you can see Skyrim SE portion of loverslab and Nexus are getting slower and slower, fewer and fewer mods are being uploaded and even the once that are being uploaded are not by their original authors, someone else is porting and posting the mods. Maybe mod authors don't want to do modding for free anymore and waiting for Creation Club. Even on CBBE thead the last post made by omnius was on 5th of July, He/She can't release the new CBBE without Caliente and by now I don't think its going to happen. What I'm trying to say is that people are loosing interest, and by the end of this year, the modding scene for Skyrim SE will be pretty much DEAD.

But hey ! who knows maybe we'll get SKSE64 tomorrow or the day after or next week or next month or next year !  :( Alright Kids I'm gonna go cry into a pillow now ! 

SSE modding fate does not depend on SKSE, the creation club stuff will surely bring more attention to it and  spark more people into modding for it in the hopes of being a Bethesda partner.

I think it is rather unfortunate that the SSE release left us split into two user bases, but it is in the best interest for everyone that SSE thrives, everyone can benefit from a more stable game!

The mod scene is far from dead on the nexus when it comes to SSE. People keep uploading new mods almost everyday. It might be a bit slower, but it's far from dead. It really depends on the day. Some authors will upload all at once and blast the dang site. Some will upload randomly. Some will make an announcement to draw people to there page. Overall. SSE is far from dead and in all honesty. I feel it's just getting started. The simple fact is this just happens to be a busy year. Something tells me around October of this year things will start to lighten up on the coder modders and we'll start to see major interest part as hopefully we slowly get more mods like Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. That mod alone might bring the SKSE team back to want to work on SSE. It'll come down to their lives. How much time they have and when they can work on it if they want too. Patience is a virtue and that is no understatement. 

Remember, it's going to be at least another 4-5 years before the next TES game is released, so Skyrim: Special Edition is the newest title in the series until then. While it may not have the accelerated modding scene from Oldrim, it is what new players are going to be defaulting to. i'm sure that SKSE64 or similar will come out eventually... Who knows, maybe Bethesda themselves will take pity on the modding scene and release their own version. I maintain hope!

Remember, it's going to be at least another 4-5 years before the next TES game is released, so Skyrim: Special Edition is the newest title in the series until then. While it may not have the accelerated modding scene from Oldrim, it is what new players are going to be defaulting to. i'm sure that SKSE64 or similar will come out eventually... Who knows, maybe Bethesda themselves will take pity on the modding scene and release their own version. I maintain hope!

if Bethesda brings out there own version of skse you can kiss sex related mods good bye

if Bethesda brings out there own version of skse you can kiss sex related mods good bye

Oh, that's not true. If Bethesda created a script extender. There would be sex mods... You don't give a kid a piece of candy and tell them not to eat it. They'll eat it and lick their fingers afterwards because they can. Same thing! Sex mods will be around until the end of technology or humanity. 

Nobody cares for skyrim 64bit because oldrim is just fine. In my opinion the only nice thing I miss in oldrim is the waterflow :D

Actually Skyrim 32bit is not just fine. It has a lot of problems when it comes to stability. Even when you try to make everything correct. It crashes like truck into a wall. 

SSE has a stability we've never seen with Skyrim. I'm running heavily scripted mods and textures and optimized it just like Skyrim 32bit. and not a problem. 

Skyrim SE 64bit has something Skyrim 32bit can't do. Unlimited potential to do things other modders have only dreamed about. I'm talking about creating mods like a season system in the game. Think about how you could easily get around the limitations with Skyrim SE. The engine does have limits, but you can have much bigger files. Skyrim SE is brand new... We don't even fully know what the game is capable of, because we don't know SKSE64 yet. We don't have HDT on it. 

I really want to know how HDT would act on SSE along with SKSE64 and see what kind of things the community would do. But there is this incessant attitude that Skyrim 32bit is just fine. Good you go have fine. We'll move towards better. If you don't like it. Don't use it. It's the same with any community or mod. 

Skyrim 64bit is the future and when the creation club kicks in and people decide they like the DLC content it produces. They'll jump on board. Nexus is getting new mods uploaded to SSE all the time. People are really starting to like it. Especially since the Beyond Skyrim Team stated there will not be anymore land mods from them on Skyrim 32bit. I think people just don't want to except the fact Skyrim 32bit will die. It may have a large community for a bit longer, but we will start to see people jump from it to the new one. Time will tell all. But when I say SSE is far from dead. I can guarantee it. It might not be active on this site right now, but eventually someone's going to crack that Exe file and make an extender. It only takes one determined person or a team of people who have a little time to play around and mod. 

What the future holds we don't know, but buckle up. SSE is here to stay. 

One more little nugget I wanted to add to this debate. Skyrim VR may eventually come to computer and be modable. That would be huge. Skyrim VR is and will be 64bit. You're telling me you wouldn't want to play Skyrim VR on computer? You don't think the modding community here wouldn't jump on board that game? 

Oh, I'm tired of Skyrim... They would say... Except people are still playing it and modding it. If this community got access to mod Skyrim VR. Oh, boy! I don't even want to know what would happen and I would be interested to see what the SKSE team would do to that. XD

Nobody cares for skyrim 64bit because oldrim is just fine. In my opinion the only nice thing I miss in oldrim is the waterflow :D

Actually Skyrim 32bit is not just fine. It has a lot of problems when it comes to stability. Even when you try to make everything correct. It crashes like truck into a wall.

SSE has a stability we've never seen with Skyrim. I'm running heavily scripted mods and textures and optimized it just like Skyrim 32bit. and not a problem.

Skyrim SE 64bit has something Skyrim 32bit can't do. Unlimited potential to do things other modders have only dreamed about. I'm talking about creating mods like a season system in the game. Think about how you could easily get around the limitations with Skyrim SE. The engine does have limits, but you can have much bigger files. Skyrim SE is brand new... We don't even fully know what the game is capable of, because we don't know SKSE64 yet. We don't have HDT on it.

I really want to know how HDT would act on SSE along with SKSE64 and see what kind of things the community would do. But there is this incessant attitude that Skyrim 32bit is just fine. Good you go have fine. We'll move towards better. If you don't like it. Don't use it. It's the same with any community or mod.

Skyrim 64bit is the future and when the creation club kicks in and people decide they like the DLC content it produces. They'll jump on board. Nexus is getting new mods uploaded to SSE all the time. People are really starting to like it. Especially since the Beyond Skyrim Team stated there will not be anymore land mods from them on Skyrim 32bit. I think people just don't want to except the fact Skyrim 32bit will die. It may have a large community for a bit longer, but we will start to see people jump from it to the new one. Time will tell all. But when I say SSE is far from dead. I can guarantee it. It might not be active on this site right now, but eventually someone's going to crack that Exe file and make an extender. It only takes one determined person or a team of people who have a little time to play around and mod.

What the future holds we don't know, but buckle up. SSE is here to stay.

The papyrus in 64 bit is actually the same as in 32 bit so you can't "install infinite amounts of script mods" it will crash as fast as oldrim then. Enb injection in 64 bit rim is more than crappy, if you think skyrim 64bit is indestructible because it can allocate more memory then you are on the wooden path. Thanks to crash fixes and memory allocation of enb you can possibly do the same in oldrim, I know what I speak of.

Actually crash fixes only fixes a few things and Meh hasn't updated it since v12. Actually if I think about it. Meh's latest mod was SSE Fixes on SSE?.... Oh, yeah. He did. Why would he mod a game if there was no interest in it. Why would he fix a bug on a game if there was no interest in it. Oh, and as for the script limit. We might be able to find away around that much like Skyrim 32bit's memory limit. Again it takes the right people who want to fix things. Skyrim SE is slowly building and I'm seeing it is active. Otherwise, why would you be arguing about a point on SSE page if it wasn't? 

the sad part is that no one is even trying to do that, There is a .dll loader on SE nexus but its limited in its functionality, maybe in future it can do more but for now it can't load hdtphysicsextention.dll or CharacterMakingExtender_plugin.dll and stuff like that. But I don't think it will matter anyway cause as you can see Skyrim SE portion of loverslab and Nexus are getting slower and slower, fewer and fewer mods are being uploaded and even the once that are being uploaded are not by their original authors, someone else is porting and posting the mods. Maybe mod authors don't want to do modding for free anymore and waiting for Creation Club. Even on CBBE thead the last post made by omnius was on 5th of July, He/She can't release the new CBBE without Caliente and by now I don't think its going to happen. What I'm trying to say is that people are loosing interest, and by the end of this year, the modding scene for Skyrim SE will be pretty much DEAD.

But hey ! who knows maybe we'll get SKSE64 tomorrow or the day after or next week or next month or next year !  :( Alright Kids I'm gonna go cry into a pillow now ! 

On a Nexus discussion earlier this month (July) I had Ousnius dropping by and he said Caliente CBBE was advancing well and should be released soon. They are rounding off a few bits, and Caliente is busy but would be completing her part soon. It's not a dead mod for SE but it is taking time due to real life issues. It is not SKSE dependent, either.

So don't lose hope folks!

One more little nugget I wanted to add to this debate. Skyrim VR may eventually come to computer and be modable. That would be huge. Skyrim VR is and will be 64bit. You're telling me you wouldn't want to play Skyrim VR on computer? You don't think the modding community here wouldn't jump on board that game? 

Oh, I'm tired of Skyrim... They would say... Except people are still playing it and modding it. If this community got access to mod Skyrim VR. Oh, boy! I don't even want to know what would happen and I would be interested to see what the SKSE team would do to that. XD

If you have the space required for vr good for you, my home does not have 3-4 ft square of space to use it with, therefore vr is a gimmick nothing more nothing less.  Headset only I could use but the actual controllers no chance in hell, and unless I move to a new home there never will be the space available.

Vive requires a 5m, which is about 3foot or so per meter, (that is about 15ft roughly) diagonal space (information from the vive homepage on steam store), it suggests a 3.5m x 3.5m (about 9 foot or so square) space.  Basically say a 10 foot square). That simply is not going to happen ever, even if my room was big enough I would not use it for gimmick like this.

Not sure what space the other vr setup requires but I would imagine something similar.

You are also assuming the vr version of skyrim would be moddable, it is far too early to even think if it is or is not, or has bethesda said something about the modding side of it?

Addmited there does seem to be more programs using the vr than there has been on the last couple of goes with home vr.

The papyrus in 64 bit is actually the same as in 32 bit so you can't "install infinite amounts of script mods" it will crash as fast as oldrim then. Enb injection in 64 bit rim is more than crappy, if you think skyrim 64bit is indestructible because it can allocate more memory then you are on the wooden path. Thanks to crash fixes and memory allocation of enb you can possibly do the same in oldrim, I know what I speak of.

Sorry to pick you up on this, but that isn't true. First of all, papyrus does not run in video memory (which is what memory allocation ENB deals with). You are perhaps confusing ENB video memory allocation with the 32bit inherent maximum address space of 4GB, which ENB does not circumvent (you can't circumvent this). 

Papyrus runs in your system memory. Therefore obviously 64bit gives it much much greater breathing room.

It simply would run many more times active scripts than oldrim is capable of without crashing. Thats the truth of it, and frankly it is fairly obvious whilst playing a heavily modded SE over a heavily modded oldrim.

The sole reason that peoples experience with SSE has been so much better than oldrim in terms of stability is down to the restrictions of 32bit.

Sorry to pick you up on this, but that isn't true. First of all, papyrus does not run in video memory (which is what memory allocation ENB deals with). You are perhaps confusing ENB video memory allocation with the 32bit inherent maximum address space of 4GB, which ENB does not circumvent (you can't circumvent this). 

Papyrus runs in your system memory. Therefore obviously 64bit gives it much much greater breathing room.

It simply would run many more times active scripts than oldrim is capable of without crashing. Thats the truth of it, and frankly it is fairly obvious whilst playing a heavily modded SE over a heavily modded oldrim.

The sole reason that peoples experience with SSE has been so much better than oldrim in terms of stability is down to the restrictions of 32bit.

i never said that papyrus is running in video memory, i said if you fill up your newrim with that many scriptmods that you want it will stumble upon it too, no matter if you can allocate 16,8 million terrabytes. the main thing people complain about is the 4gb ram limit, they install 100gbs of textures and alot of script mods and get ctds every 15 mins and in fact they dont even know what they are doing.

You said: "it will crash as fast as oldrim then" .. that is entirely patently false. You tell me the logic of that statement since you made it?

You then went on to talk about the ENB VRAM memory fix as if it has any relevance what-so-ever to papyrus (which was the subject you were talking about), completely irrelevant and intentionally misleading.

"I know what I speak of".. I would question that also based on the above.

The only reason to get SE is to play longer without crashing.

SE looks ten times better even with out an Enb i am running Luminous ENB with ELFX . and have not stoped playing it since SE came out .yes i miss my bouncing  tits and clams of skyrim physics .but im running the COS Body with 360 walk with BBP and it looks awesome .it just a matter of time .some people are still playing Oblivion

SE looks ten times better even with out an Enb i am running Luminous ENB with ELFX . and have not stoped playing it since SE came out .yes i miss my bouncing  tits and clams of skyrim physics .but im running the COS Body with 360 walk with BBP and it looks awesome .it just a matter of time .some people are still playing Oblivion

Objectively false.

Give me that SKSESE

i want dem mfg console fixes and mcm menu and more actors per screen to have followers finally usefull in my warband.

I could live without crucial ENB features like reflections, specularity, subsurface scaterring, direct light control.

Objectively false.

Please explain your argument. 

Objectively false.

Proof required. 

Objectively false.

Please explain your argument. 

No argument but ill do it for him anyways!

Tada

skyrim_special_edition_screen_2.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg44E.jpg

Yea the first pic is vanilla skyrim SE. The rest are obviously ENB's. Also the moon is obviously made of cheese. I get it, you like SE, i do too, I just decided to stop playing Legendary, but jesus. Come on. Be smart here and think before you put silly comments like that. 

Archived