Source FilmMaker Resource hosting?

GodKingVivec

I know this is a game modding community but I think itd be a good way for the site to expand into new territory while still sort of staying relevant to the topic of the site, especially since places like SFMLab forbid the more racy stuff. I think it may increase traffic here as well for artists who want the best items that SFMLab wont allow such as bestiality and gore related resources. I recently started using it and was surprised that my favorite underground/adult gaming website didnt have any available. Anyone else feel the same way?

SFMLab forbid the more racy stuff

No, they forbid you uploading racy stuff because they're a gigantic political hugbox echo chamber where only special people get to upload special files, even if those particular files weren't authored by them.

Which is why most authors keep their stuff for themselves now.

No, they forbid you uploading racy stuff because they're a gigantic political hugbox echo chamber where only special people get to upload special files, even if those particular files weren't authored by them.

what do you mean? I havent seen much that would qualify as special on there, in that sense anyway... and yeah i know, and personally I find it infuriating that it has come to that... theres a demon model from agony that makes me swoon that id kill to have but cant because the author only allows certain people to use it even though they barely use it now themselves. everyone should be given credit for their work yes, but works such as this should be available for others to use, after all, you are using  parts of someone elses work already, what gives them the right to hoard such a thing to themselves forever? Its just like that public domain stuff that disney completely fucked up for their own personal gain to keep mickey mouse forever even though walt disney is long dead.

what do you mean? I havent seen much that would qualify as special on there, in that sense anyway... and yeah i know, and personally I find it infuriating that it has come to that... theres a demon model from agony that makes me swoon that id kill to have but cant because the author only allows certain people to use it even though they barely use it now themselves. everyone should be given credit for their work yes, but works such as this should be available for others to use, after all, you are using  parts of someone elses work already, what gives them the right to hoard such a thing to themselves forever? Its just like that public domain stuff that disney completely fucked up for their own personal gain to keep mickey mouse forever even though walt disney is long dead.

Attention & Exlusivity.

SFM is all about getting mad dosh via patreon.

Attention & Exlusivity.

SFM is all about getting mad dosh via patreon.

yeah... it sure as hell seems that way... its a disgrace, i wanna make stuff for people to fap to, not get rich. idk i think LL could help even the odds against them though, we have an entire community of perverts here! people who make models for mods and arent afraid of the kinkier shit! if LL started hosting the community would grow even more and eventually probably even rival SFMLab and Definitely digital ero.

All the resources are in place if an SFM community wanted to settle in here. Blogs, a system for uploading assets, a pretty chill community into a very wide array of stuff... New community, new sources of patreon cashflow for LL, new money to get pumped into making the under-the-hood stuff here more robust for dealing with the increased load and bandwidth concerns...

The trick is getting a community to form here and praying it doesn't devolve into another "Attention and Exclusivity" situation, dragging LL down with it.

The trick is getting a community to form here and praying it doesn't devolve into another "Attention and Exclusivity" situation, dragging LL down with it.

rule 12 covers that:

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.

rule 12 covers that:

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.

Sort of. It prevents a money gate, sure, but we can't regulate pm-only sharing of assets or the "you can look at my toys but can never play with them" type situations.

All the resources are in place if an SFM community wanted to settle in here. Blogs, a system for uploading assets, a pretty chill community into a very wide array of stuff... New community, new sources of patreon cashflow for LL, new money to get pumped into making the under-the-hood stuff here more robust for dealing with the increased load and bandwidth concerns...

rule 12 covers that:

rule 12 covers that:

Sort of. It prevents a money gate, sure, but we can't regulate pm-only sharing of assets or the "you can look at my toys but can never play with them" type situations.

I am honestly confident that this community would succeed in distribution of sfm assets. it would be better if we had a tgging system for files rather than relying on the text searching, but i imagine thats a whole other hassle to deal with for the owners.

rule 12 covers that:

It would if it was enforced.

rule 12 covers that:

It would if it was enforced.

Exactly. I wish someone official would chime in so we could at least attempt to get a ball rolling...

Archived