View File

With the advent of the MMD Anime Race comes anime followers! I've converted my Neptune and Compa followers from my old Elin Race followers mod, using voice clips taken from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series of games, with added voice lines, new assets, and bug fixes! In addition, the mod is fully standalone, with its assets separate from the main MMD race. If you wish to preview their voice lines, please take a listen to the videos under their sections in the Elin Follower link above.

Requirements:
Dawnguard
HDT Physics Extension

Technical:
Both followers are located at the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun. They are essential, and can be recruited together, with just a handful of voice lines that only play if the other is tagging along with you at the same time. They use a custom UUNP preset for their bodies and outfits, along with a modified XPMSE skeleton, modified Anime Race skin texture, and the normal maps for body and hands from Fair Skin Complexion. As with any mod featuring NPCs with custom voices, you must save and reload on first load in order for them to start speaking. Because of the Anime race's unique head shape, most helmets and head accessories will not fit on them out of the box, so they are best paired with invisible headgear mods, like this one! Follower overhauls such as EFF may be able to be used on them for features such as outfit changing, but with limitations. Do not attempt to force recruit them while they are already following you, and Compa will not use her healing spell as long as she is under EFF's system instead of the default recruitment, so dismiss her from EFF's system whenever you're done futzing about with whatever it is you needed to do.

This mod is not compatible with my previous Elin Follower mod. A handful of things, such as the followers' recruitment scripts and two of the followers themselves still share IDs with the old versions, since I'm not comfortable mucking about too much with things like scripts.

Archer Follower Neptune:

ScreenShot266.png

Weight: 0
Preferred equipment: Bows, Two-Handed Swords, Heavy Armor
Starting equipment: Iron Greatsword, Hunting Bow, Steel Arrow x200, Parka Dress (Iron)
Starting stats: 100 Health, 50 Magicka, 100 Stamina
Perks: Juggernaut (Rank 3), Conditioning, Reflect Blows, Overdraw (Rank 2), Quick Shot, Ranger, Deep Wounds (Rank 1), Light Foot

Neptune is here once again, now with a new outfit! New hair, new shoes, and her signature parka dress! A user on Reddit converted models from HDN into a follower mod, which then paved the way for me to take it and completely ruin it make a UUNP conversion out of it, albeit an imperfect one. Her stockings had to be taken from elsewhere as they were textured directly onto her legs, though. Aside from the new assets, she is largely unchanged from the previous mod, except for several dozen new voice clips added to her.

Neptune favors long range combat with bows and crossbows, but knows her way around a greatsword when enemies get in close! Her dress, bracers, and shoes are identical to iron armor, while her hair clips occupy the circlet slot. Copies of her equipment equivalent to iron, steel, dwarven, orcish, steel plate, ebony, daedric, and dragonplate armor can be crafted at a forge if you have the original cuirass, gauntlets, or boots in your inventory, while the hair clips can be crafted using one silver ingot. In addition, her stockings and other clothing can be crafted at a tanning rack using one linen wrap each. By which I mean her underwear. Which is still the canon cyan color. Just thought you should know that again.

Healer Follower Compa:

ScreenShot264.png

Weight: 80
Preferred equipment: None
Starting equipment: Woven Heart outfit, Minor Healing Potion x5
Starting stats: 80 Health, 100 Magicka, 80 Stamina
Perks: Stealth (Rank 5), Recovery (Rank 2), Avoid Death, Light Foot

Compa, on the other hand, continues to use the mashup outfit I created for her using various other clothing mods, as no similar asset conversion exists yet for her HDN model in Skyrim. She does, however, feature some new shoes and socks made by LL's own Vioxsis when I requested it back in 2015 waaaayyy back when, in a mod search topic that doesn't even exist anymore and I just never got around to adding it into the Elin version because I am just the worst. Plus some new amateur-hour texture editing done by me to her stockings which honestly could use a lot more work but I just don't have time for that, there's so much to do! As with Neptune's clothing, you can craft copies of Compa's clothes at a tanning rack, using leather, linen wraps, tundra cotton, and garnets. She also features some new voice clips, though not as many as Neptune, as well as a few tweaks to her healing spell. For one thing, the second and third ranks actually work now. They didn't actually heal past the level 1 version last time. The armor and magic resistance buffs worked, but health? Nada. Would've been nice to know, huh? Also increased the healing done by all three ranks by 20-25%, for 120 HP over 10 seconds at level 1, 180 HP over 10 seconds at level 15, and 250 HP over 10 seconds at level 30, up from the previous 100, 150, and 200. Then again, since they didn't actually heal anything before I guess that makes it an infinity% increase for ranks 2 and 3.

Compa's main gimmick is her area of effect healing magic, which she will stop and channel for ten seconds if she or the player is below half health and she has enough magicka. For these ten seconds, the player and all followers in the area will restore health every second as well as gain 300 armor rating and 50% magic resistance. Compa is more comfortable healing than hurting, however, so she is not skilled with any weapons or armor. She can wear armor at fairly low effectiveness, but will ignore weapons entirely in favor of her fists. To make her tougher than she looks, though, Compa's unarmed damage will increase as you level up, gaining an additional 5 damage every fifth level up to level 100 for +100 damage per punch. She also benefits as normal from equipment with Fortify Unarmed effects, but since she won't pick up a weapon, she won't be able to use weapon enchant effects.

Miscellaneous/Known Issues:
- Certain Anime Race facial expressions look really funky if used on an NPC. I should have taken care of most of them, but if anyone finds a voice line that still tries to use an expression like Puzzled, please let me know so I can change it.
- The other two followers in the Elin version, Lily and Vivi, are not in this one. I don't know if they'll make a return at this time, at least not before other morph options are available for the main Anime Race. Recipes for their old equipment have been dummied out as their assets are not included in this mod, but I've not tested it to see if it works so please let me know if you're seeing recipes for meshless items at the forge when carrying around pieces of light armor.
- Dialogue that was intended to play expressing exhaustion when leaving a dungeon did not work as desired, instead causing the old followers to complain about being tired all the time when travelling around and crossing outdoor cell boundaries. This version has a new set of conditions but I have not had a chance to see if they work.
- Vanilla world interaction dialogue appears to take precedence over Neptune and Compa's if they are recruited alongside vanilla voice type followers.

Credits:
- Shangus5759 for creating the MMD Anime Race, and Speaker60 for his contributions to the race's assets and assistance with the followers
- Idea Factory and Compile Heart are the owners of Neptune, Compa, and all ripped game assets for the purpose of copyright
- HHaleyy for Fair Skin Complexion's normal maps
- Random Talking Bush from The Models Resource for ripping the original Neptune model
- BadNewsGoodNewsandFauxNews from GameMaps for converting the Neptune model to Skyrim's format
- Atreyatan from LL for assisting with mesh woes
- The Bodyslide team for making Outfit Studio, which lets even a clueless schmoe like me make shitty conversions
- Anano for Osare Kneesocks, Osare Panty, and Amiella Outfit used in outfits and world models
- Fox6000 for bracers taken from two of his outfits
- Lostdaywalker for his Winter Sweater, used in Compa's outfit
- KURESE and Nausicaa for the stockings used in Compa's outfit
- Hepsy for the original meshes for the Neptune's stockings and underwear, Halofarm for converting them to Skyrim in Aether Suite
- Matthiaswagg for her guide on making followers with a custom recruitment system (http://skyrimmw.weeb...odding-tutorial)
- Deck16 for his guide on giving NPCs custom voices (http://deck16.net/po...n-skyrim-part-1)

• Submitter
    Mud
  • Submitted
    04/02/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard, HDT Physics Extension
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks a bunch for this, will fit great with my newest game. I'm using the Anime Race with Kidnapped Princess start from Cursed Loot for a isekai princess gameplay. Now I can use those girls as a search party for my princess character that got stuck in Skyrim world.

Just curious...

I've switched over to UUNP bodies entirely. I use the UUNP Zeroed Sliders preset, build all armors with morph files, and then all armors fit all body shapes.

Would I have to build armors specifically for these 2 followers using their preset or will the armors I have morph to their shape?

And... can you elaborate on the modifications made to the XPMSE skeleton? I've often wondered why modders modify the skeleton as it always seems to make the character SO unique, that we can't do much customization afterwards. So...that's not a criticism. Just a question because I don't know.

These look very interesting and I'd like to take them for a test drive. :)

Their skeleton changes are just a few different bone scales, mostly because the anime race in general looks a bit funky using standard human skeleton proportions so I aimed to shorten their upper half, lengthen their lower half, and enlarge their heads to more closely resemble anime proportions. If you replace their skeleton with another version of XPMSE, they're going to look... not awful or anything, but a bit weird. A bit frumpier.

On their outfit, their preset actually isn't included here - it's the same preset as the one in the main MMD Anime Race package (actually the one in the race package is a little outdated, I adjusted the max weight breast shape a little for the next update and these followers). Armors you don't have built to match their preset will change their breast size and whatnot but their proportions will remain the same as long as their skeleton's bone scales don't change.

Sorry, that's not quite how this works - these two aren't made by importing models from somewhere else, they're using the anime race created by Shangus5759, which is using head meshes based on Miku Miku Dance models. If you wanted to make a Haruhi character, you might want to try your luck by asking if Shangus in the race thread if he could find a Haruhi hair for MMD to convert into Skyrim.

• 4 months later...

Can Neptune become purple heart? I have seen that in this video as it becomes purple heart in the minute 0:20

it would be great to play with purple heart with a naked base for example CBBE

of course I speak of Purple heart as race and not as simply companion, the mod can have both

MOD: https://www.reddit.com/r/gamindustri/comments/5j7qpj/skyrim_neptunia_mod_completed/

(I think it does not have a naked base but I do not know it and it still lacks that Neptune is a race, here it only comes as a companion :c)

No, there's no transformation of any sort in this mod. I don't have any experience with scripting, and there aren't any good assets I could repurpose to create Purple Heart out of the MMD race either. While I was able to convert Neptune's ripped outfit model into a UUNP outfit, Purple Heart's model is just textures directly colored onto her body shape. It'll look pretty funky if I tried to hide the flesh parts and shape the suit parts into a Skyrim body.

I tried the mod and yes, Neptune and purple heart do not have a nude base, I think Neptune and purple heart should have a naked base and not stay in a simple dress stuck under the armor, although surely the correct thing would be to apply a naked body of MMD it would not be bad for you to test yourself to a skyrim body, but not anybody since it would look funky, it would be best to put a naked body like the Anime Race All-In-One, or an anime body naked like that sure there is.

Could not you do something? I do not understand mods and I would like to see a naked body base for Neptune and purple heart in the mod that I have shown you :c

PS: I do not care about clothes

No, that's not a good idea. That mod was created by ripping the models straight out of HDN and converting them to Skyrim's format so that Neptune's head and body are separate meshes, meaning replacing the base body will create a Frankenstein monster where you have Neptune's cartoony HDN head stuck to a realistic high-poly body model, undoubtedly with a giant gap on the neck as well. The desire to have a visually consistent version of Neptune with actual facial expressions was what led me to make mine out of the MMD race mod.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, AppleDash22 said:

I hate to say this but I can't download the mod due to the download link sending me to a empty MEGA site.

Thanks for the heads up, seems the new site's still having some issues with broken downloads and whatnot. I updated the link but just in case you can get it directly from here:

https://mega.nz/#!tY0A2KzT!pfP6ryNDggHV5jU3bpzKN86sZHKUvdRItasZqin4abk

Edited by Mud
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...