I have an idea to make this have more predictable outcomes. I had posted an idea in the salve mod topic about a group of slave hunters running around with syringers to capture people to be sold. My problem with Kidnap mechanics is what I have read others say too, I often die (dogs, turrets, slow scripts) before I even have a chance to act. 

How about if the Kidnap chance would generate an encounter with 2 or 3 thugs with syringers to fight? If you win you can go on about your business but if you lose you get robbed and then thats when you get ported to a hideout with Violate rounds beginning immediately. You can try and fight back in between rounds then if you wish. This will eliminate the whole of the dead space that seems to cause issue and really would be more fun in my opinion (easy for me to say since I have no real clue how hard what I have proposed is to create)

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to give this a try, turned on display calculations immediately more out of curiosity than anything else. I noticed some interesting behavior that might shed some light on why it seems like the control panel settings are being ignored.

When in Sanctuary just after exiting Vault 111, it showed a kidnap chance of 0 to -20. (Daytime, base chance 20%, settlement penalty -30%, Dogmeat and Codsworth both present both contriuting -5% as expected.) All good so far.

Then, at some point after the initial gun battle with the raiders in Concord, kidnapping chance went to 50% in wilderness during the day, and changing the base chance only lowers it to 30%. So clearly some condition caused the night time modifier (+30% at the time things acted wierd) to remain applied improperly.

It looks like there's a state variable in the script that's not being updated properly under some conditions. My gut says it's an issue with quickload, but it could be interior/exterior cell transition as well.

Edit: The final bit is purely from logical reasoning and general algo development experience at 2am - I have not actually looked at the mod script(s) and do not mean to imply otherwise.

I am a little confused as to what this mod actually does exactly. The description is very vague so I have decided to test this mod out with (and without) Violate and it seem to just randomly teleport me to a hostile bandit outpost/base, where I get attacked on sight. When Violate is enabled then it just starts up as it usually does, without anything different happening. Does this mod only teleport the player to a random hostile base? or is there more to it?  :-/

I am a little confused as to what this mod actually does exactly. The description is very vague so I have decided to test this mod out with (and without) Violate and it seem to just randomly teleport me to a hostile bandit outpost/base, where I get attacked on sight. When Violate is enabled then it just starts up as it usually does, without anything different happening. Does this mod only teleport the player to a random hostile base? or is there more to it?  :-/

Yup, that is pretty much it, you randomly get kidnapped by a group, which take you back to their home base, (ie the random hostile outpost/base), with violate in place they then beat you down and rape you (ignoring the somewhat random instant death instances), without it if you loose you die, or do whatever your current mod setup does when something kills you.

Yup, that is pretty much it, you randomly get kidnapped by a group, which take you back to their home base, (ie the random hostile outpost/base), with violate in place they then beat you down and rape you (ignoring the somewhat random instant death instances), without it if you loose you die, or do whatever your current mod setup does when something kills you.

I see, so it is an alternate way of triggering Violate or any other player defeat mod. I can see it being useful for high level players who rarely get defeated on their own unless they are a melee build that is.  :P

I see, so it is an alternate way of triggering Violate or any other player defeat mod. I can see it being useful for high level players who rarely get defeated on their own unless they are a melee build that is.  :P

Depends on your mod set up, I have weaponsmith extended and a couple of other mods, including a overhaul of the bos, and recently ran into a lv50ish bos paladin in mk4 t60 with a bloody .50 bmg mini gun I was lv40ish, (I was not even aware you could get such a thing, as that calibre does not show up for me when modding mini guns), and I am playing the A.S.I.A. race from here, which means they are outright hostile from the start and after ducking diving and picking the pieces up my first though were ouch.

I have a problem with this mod, too :(

When i get kidnapped, all the enemies who did that attack me....

That's how it works. Violate handles the sex after you lose that fight.

Except they actually kill me, when they attack me after a kidnap :(

Vault 101 should be removed from the random locations if you end up there the elevator can`t be entered because it`s still up there in wasteland the elevator is locked. It should never happen while customizing guns or whatever not in the middle of something.

Well i remove the mod for now it`s just annoying and not fun at all. I liked the devious traps in skyrim where you had to trigger some traps to get kidnapped and enslaved or you only been equipped with some devices.

• 2 weeks later...

Vault 101 should be removed from the random locations if you end up there the elevator can`t be entered because it`s still up there in wasteland the elevator is locked. It should never happen while customizing guns or whatever not in the middle of something.

Well i remove the mod for now it`s just annoying and not fun at all. I liked the devious traps in skyrim where you had to trigger some traps to get kidnapped and enslaved or you only been equipped with some devices.

second

• 2 weeks later...

​Hey Vinfamy,

I love your mods.  You are making Skyrim and the Commonwealth what they should be.

It may have been mentioned before in this thread, so my bad if this is a repeat, but I've found a bug in your code.  Once "Night" is set, it doesn't get reset.  The effect is throwing the calculation off.

In "OnTimerGameTime", you have:

If GameHour.GetValue() > 22 || GameHour.GetValue() < 4
Night = FPK_Global_Night.getValueInt()
endif
That's the only time Night is set, and it appears that once its set, it stays set. I think an "else Night = 0" in there would take care of that problem.

For any user out there experiencing super high kidnap rates, set the night penalty to zero. You won't get an increased chance at night, but you'll then be able to set everything else properly and have the expected percentage outcomes.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the mod but have a massive issue.

I can't get out of leg restraints and no one has a key. I've been hopping around for 2 hours and I'm beyond aggravated. Tried disabling the mod, still stuck.

If there is an easy way to get out that I'm missing, it should DEFINITELY be on the front page of this mod.

Again, I REALLY appreciate your master modding skills. But having to reload a save before the leg braces, especially with the capture rate being basically broken regardless of what base chance it's set to, makes this mod unfortunately unplayable at the moment.

I see no other complaints about this so maybe I'm just missing something.

If anyone knows, PLZ HALP

I can't get out of leg restraints and no one has a key. I've been hopping around for 2 hours and I'm beyond aggravated. Tried disabling the mod, still stuck.

If there is an easy way to get out that I'm missing, it should DEFINITELY be on the front page of this mod.

Again, I REALLY appreciate your master modding skills. But having to reload a save before the leg braces, especially with the capture rate being basically broken regardless of what base chance it's set to, makes this mod unfortunately unplayable at the moment.

Clara's adventures with Four-Play, episode 3:

I was walking through Boston today and Kidnapped procced. I have both Kidnapped and Violate, and was under the impression that when I got kidnapped I would be taken nearby and then abused by the kidnappers.

However, when I faded back in, the raiders nearby stuck me in a bathroom and then all got hostile, no sex happened at all.

Did I do something wrong there? Some setting I messed up? Or is this a bug?

Hi there i had the same problem as you. your trouble is Devious Devices uninstall it and you will able to run free.

I was walking through Boston today and Kidnapped procced. I have both Kidnapped and Violate, and was under the impression that when I got kidnapped I would be taken nearby and then abused by the kidnappers.

However, when I faded back in, the raiders nearby stuck me in a bathroom and then all got hostile, no sex happened at all.

Yeah, this mod only puts you in a spot where there are enemies that attack you. Violate kicks in when your health is below your threshold, or if you surrender via Violate.

Keys to restraints are sold by a NPC put in the Memory Den by the developer for Devious Devices. NPC name is Kimy (she hangs out by Irma). The keys aren't cheap though, 500 caps a pop (two types, only have to purchase each type once, really need to get both since there are two types of restraints).

I am trying this mod, and for some reason I keep getting kidnapped in workshop mode. I am using version 2.1

Also, the interval between kidnaps seems way too short. Like, sometimes, literally not able to walk across sanctuary, with the default kidnap chance (after fast travelling back after the previous "kidnap attempt").

Do I need to disable the mod? Or are there ways of figuring out what I need to be fixing?

Yeah, this mod only puts you in a spot where there are enemies that attack you. Violate kicks in when your health is below your threshold, or if you surrender via Violate.

And if you don't have things set right, you can be instakilled.

And if you are sneaking, you can sometimes kill your "kidnapper" without them ever seeing you.

And... other forms of hilarity. (I have had to turn down my kidnap chance to 0% so that I can have a chance of completing quests - now I only get kidnapped when hidden bonuses to that kidnap chance kick in and I can actually complete quests now.)

The concept is great but this mostly winds up being a form of fast travel. I keep wanting to add story and scenario into the mix, but I am still working through ideas there. (For example, like if we took a slaver mod and added quests to it where you have to go enslave various attractive people and gradually condition them into pleasure toys - foreshadowing your own treatment when you inevitably either make mistakes or become "too successful", like accidentally letting some escape or having too many or whatever... Maybe add in some vr based hypno conditioning forcing certain clothes choices - but to make that interesting make it be so you rapidly reach debilitating levels of arousal (and maybe you slowly regenerate health but cannot really do anything, maybe you have decreased and intermittently variable movement speed, limited dialog options ("uh...."), decreased accuracy, ... etc... - this line of thought actually came out of trying to come up with scenarios for origin stories for warped perks) when you wear concealing clothes so to be able to function you have to wear revealing stuff.... and so on -- lots of disconnected ideas and I am still trying to turn them into a story.) So, given my own difficulties in even thinking up a coherent story line, maybe I should just whine about how others have not implemented something better? Hey ... you know ... always do what you are best at!1!!

But, yes... could be better...

And if you are sneaking, you can sometimes kill your "kidnapper" without them ever seeing you.

It always takes me out of stealth though. I think, anyway... could be my insta-panic response to the sound of a bullet making me try to go into stealth drops me out. ;)

At any rate, when I teleport to the destination, I'm always standing. Fallout 4 AI being what it is, the enemies don't always notice me at first. I was recently knocked out and teleported to the Federal Ration Stockpile, and ended up standing behind a turret on a roof, and was able to enter sneak and drop down without being spotted. (I guess the bandits were so tired after carrying me so far, they just tossed me up there for later use :) ).

Never been instakilled thankfully.

It always takes me out of stealth though. I think, anyway... could be my insta-panic response to the sound of a bullet making me try to go into stealth drops me out. ;)

At any rate, when I teleport to the destination, I'm always standing. Fallout 4 AI being what it is, the enemies don't always notice me at first. I was recently knocked out and teleported to the Federal Ration Stockpile, and ended up standing behind a turret on a roof, and was able to enter sneak and drop down without being spotted. (I guess the bandits were so tired after carrying me so far, they just tossed me up there for later use :) ).

Never been instakilled thankfully.

When there is only one raider, a good blow with a baseball bat does not take me out of stealth.

However, when I get dropped on a raider with a fat boy? Boom ... game over.

Today, though, after some hilarity with the federal ration stockpile with my "0% kidnap chance" game, I finally decided that I just needed to turn kidnappings off. (I was trying to sneak into starlight drive in and did a quick save coincidentally right before I was kindapped. The first few times the sex animations messed up horribly so I reloaded. I eventually realized that there was no good way of dealing with this, so: fuck it: buffout, med-x, psycho, jet, kill them all, shut down the turrets and when I was picking up loot I got kidnapped again, by the lone remaining turret at the federal ration stockpile which had managed to power itself on and teleport me up onto the roof beside it...)

Basically, things just are not erotic (nor romantic, obviously) enough for this to be sexy and not tactical nor strategic enough to make for interesting combat. Oh well... I had hopes ...