[Papyrus]

bLoadDebugInformation=1

Those of you who found that stripping started working when you enabled logging - this is why. Which means you can disable the logging if you wish so long as you keep the two lines above.

Works fine, actually appears to dress and undress characters faster without all the logging enabled.

Sorry Doc, but playing Brotherhood of Steel is gonna require a solution. The PA is still in the way. Back in V5 (I think!) BEFORE I enabled it, the actor had his power armor disappear & the 2 had sex, and then it reappeared. Unfortunately, this would only happen once, then the nag slogan would pop up.

You said the PA was actually a race in the game......What if that "race" was put on the black list? Would that cause Dance & me to have our armor disaappear long enough for sex with our respective women?

Sorry Doc, but playing Brotherhood of Steel is gonna require a solution. The PA is still in the way. Back in V5 (I think!) BEFORE I enabled it, the actor had his power armor disappear & the 2 had sex, and then it reappeared. Unfortunately, this would only happen once, then the nag slogan would pop up.

You said the PA was actually a race in the game......What if that "race" was put on the black list? Would that cause Dance & me to have our armor disaappear long enough for sex with our respective women?

So, just like any other piece of armor, PA would to "Stripped" and also "Redressed" ?

So, just like any other piece of armor, PA would to "Stripped" and also "Redressed" ?

Yes, but if PA is a race, it will hafta be handled differently than typical armor.

Yes, but if PA is a race, it will hafta be handled differently than typical armor.

If you Black listed PA though you couldn't have sex at all in Power Armor. 

Now if only Four-Play would ask me if I'd like to continue after the first 30 seconds, like Lieto's gun does.  ;)

What Mod is that?

I think that is the one http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664/?

Yepper.... that's what I thought. Works Great. Even works on vendors.

Yes, that's the one.  I use it primarily to map VAFS to the Q key... can't do it any other way. 

VAFS is... http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15875/?

My current survival playthrough is VAFS-only, no VATS

Yeah.. that mod works great, but I mapped "Z" as my "TAI" hotkey. If you check the articles, the "z" has to be Capitalized. tried F4 but it was to close to F5, quicksave, which is disabled normally in survival mode.

A bit of general discussion on the subject of PA and race:

In Skyrim if you change to a werewolf, the game changes your race. In Fo4 if you put on PA, the same thing happens. In both cases, the body shape is different enough that it needs its own mesh and skeleton to animate properly. You can see this for yourself: pick your nearest PA wonk and select them in the console. Then type unequipAll and marvel at the distorted freak inside the tin suit.

So, allowing PowerArmorRace isn't going to help. Well, unless your kink runs to watching shaved baboons with human faces doing the dirty, in which case you'd be in luck. Generally though, this isn't something we want to happen.

This is how I handle it in the current release.

;
; this does all the work.
;
function four_play_main(Actor a0, Idle i0, Actor a1=None, Idle i1=None, keyword arch0=none, keyword arch1=none, objectreference start_mark=none, float duration=-1.0, bool re_entry=false)
        if duration == -1.0
                duration = default_duration.getvalue()
        endif
        if duration <= 0
                Debug.Trace("4Play: duration = "+duration+" - aborting!")
        endif
        setup_mod()
;
;       we need to deal with the PA case before we get look at actor races
;       otherwise the PowerArmorRace will block the scene and the can-opener
;       will never get checked
;
        if !can_opener && (a0.IsInPowerArmor() || (a1 && a1.IsInPowerArmor()))
                if a0 == playerref || (a1 && a1 == playerref)
                        debug.notification("4play: blocked - one or more actors is wearing power armor")
                endif
                return none
        endif
;
;       flags who we know who's playing sardines
;
        bool pa0 = false
        bool pa1 = false
;
;       pop 'em out of the cans if need be
;
        if a0.IsInPowerArmor()
                shed_pa(a0, true)
                pa0 = true
        endif
        if a1 && a1.IsInPowerArmor()
                shed_pa(a1)
                pa1 = true
        endif
;
;       now we can check (about time too)
;
;       might be easier to allow PA race and bounce that separately mind.
;       still, this will do for now
;
        if !actor_allowed(a0) || !actor_allowed(a1)
                ntrace("kidcheck: sex scene aborted due to disallowed actor")
;
;               re-can them if poss.
;
                if pa0
                        resume_pa(a0)
                endif
                if pa1
                        resume_pa(a1)
                endif
                return
        endif

Where shed_pa is a function to make 'em take off the armor properly and resume_pa puts it back on again.

Now: shed_pa has always been a little unreliable, and I don't know why. It seems as though the linked reference that's supposed to point at the last used suit isn't populating for whatever reason, but as you can see, I give it every chance to do so.

function shed_pa(actor a, bool rotate=false)
        a.SwitchToPowerArmor(None)
        while a.IsInPowerArmor()
                utility.wait(0.3)
        endwhile
        utility.wait(0.2)

objectreference obj

int count = 0
        while obj == none && count < 50
                obj = a.GetLinkedRef(LinkPowerArmorKeyword)
                count += 1
                utility.wait(0.1)
        endwhile

if obj == none
                debug.trace("4play: can't get PA ref in shed_pa")
                return
        endif

obj.MoveTo(playerref, Math.Sin(obj.GetAngleZ()) * 512, Math.Cos(obj.GetAngleZ()) * 512, 0.0)
endfunction

Once the PA is off, I move it out of the way by 512 units. That's about 12 feet, so it should be enough. That works in the test cell. What doesn't always work is the alignment after the move - so maybe I need another wait after the move, just to make sure the armor is fully out of the way. (I could just disable it, but I like the idea that your suit can get stolen if you run Violate, so I'm resisting that idea).

Anyway, in Von's screeny it hasn't moved at all which means disabling it wouldn't have helped either. Offhand, beyond upping the wait time (and it's already at 5 seconds!) I can't think of anything that would help in that case. If I can't get a ref to the armor, I can't do anything with it.

In Skyrim if you change to a werewolf, the game changes your race. In Fo4 if you put on PA, the same thing happens. In both cases, the body shape is different enough that it needs its own mesh and skeleton to animate properly. You can see this for yourself: pick your nearest PA wonk and select them in the console. Then type unequipAll and marvel at the distorted freak inside the tin suit.

So, allowing PowerArmorRace isn't going to help. Well, unless your kink runs to watching shaved baboons with human faces doing the dirty, in which case you'd be in luck. Generally though, this isn't something we want to happen.

;
; this does all the work.
;
function four_play_main(Actor a0, Idle i0, Actor a1=None, Idle i1=None, keyword arch0=none, keyword arch1=none, objectreference start_mark=none, float duration=-1.0, bool re_entry=false)
        if duration == -1.0
                duration = default_duration.getvalue()
        endif
        if duration <= 0
                Debug.Trace("4Play: duration = "+duration+" - aborting!")
        endif
        setup_mod()
;
;       we need to deal with the PA case before we get look at actor races
;       otherwise the PowerArmorRace will block the scene and the can-opener
;       will never get checked
;
        if !can_opener && (a0.IsInPowerArmor() || (a1 && a1.IsInPowerArmor()))
                if a0 == playerref || (a1 && a1 == playerref)
                        debug.notification("4play: blocked - one or more actors is wearing power armor")
                endif
                return none
        endif
;
;       flags who we know who's playing sardines
;
        bool pa0 = false
        bool pa1 = false
;
;       pop 'em out of the cans if need be
;
        if a0.IsInPowerArmor()
                shed_pa(a0, true)
                pa0 = true
        endif
        if a1 && a1.IsInPowerArmor()
                shed_pa(a1)
                pa1 = true
        endif
;
;       now we can check (about time too)
;
;       might be easier to allow PA race and bounce that separately mind.
;       still, this will do for now
;
        if !actor_allowed(a0) || !actor_allowed(a1)
                ntrace("kidcheck: sex scene aborted due to disallowed actor")
;
;               re-can them if poss.
;
                if pa0
                        resume_pa(a0)
                endif
                if pa1
                        resume_pa(a1)
                endif
                return
        endif

Where shed_pa is a function to make 'em take off the armor properly and resume_pa puts it back on again.

Now: shed_pa has always been a little unreliable, and I don't know why. It seems as though the linked reference that's supposed to point at the last used suit isn't populating for whatever reason, but as you can see, I give it every chance to do so.

function shed_pa(actor a, bool rotate=false)
        a.SwitchToPowerArmor(None)
        while a.IsInPowerArmor()
                utility.wait(0.3)
        endwhile
        utility.wait(0.2)

objectreference obj

int count = 0
        while obj == none && count < 50
                obj = a.GetLinkedRef(LinkPowerArmorKeyword)
                count += 1
                utility.wait(0.1)
        endwhile

if obj == none
                debug.trace("4play: can't get PA ref in shed_pa")
                return
        endif

obj.MoveTo(playerref, Math.Sin(obj.GetAngleZ()) * 512, Math.Cos(obj.GetAngleZ()) * 512, 0.0)
endfunction

Once the PA is off, I move it out of the way by 512 units. That's about 12 feet, so it should be enough. That works in the test cell. What doesn't always work is the alignment after the move - so maybe I need another wait after the move, just to make sure the armor is fully out of the way. (I could just disable it, but I like the idea that your suit can get stolen if you run Violate, so I'm resisting that idea).

Anyway, in Von's screeny it hasn't moved at all which means disabling it wouldn't have helped either. Offhand, beyond upping the wait time (and it's already at 5 seconds!) I can't think of anything that would help in that case. If I can't get a ref to the armor, I can't do anything with it.

Move the Actors ?

As I stated, in my beta testing, there was a one time even where the armor just completely disappeared, the 2 people had sex (with perfect alignment, no less!) & the guy magically popped back in his armor.

This was WITHOUT enabling it, BTW.........!! But it would only happen once. If I tried afterwards, I'd just get a nag message, telling me I was in power armor.

Where too, though? I mean do we want to do that on the Broken Skyway? Or Corvega superstructure? Or the Prydwen docking gantry?

I don't mind the thought that someone's PA will fall off the edge. But without PA some of those falls are going to be fatal.

What about PA race to Human race? & then back again?

Where too, though? I mean do we want to do that on the Broken Skyway? Or Corvega superstructure? Or the Prydwen docking gantry?

I don't mind the thought that someone's PA will fall off the edge. But without PA some of those falls are going to be fatal.

No........The PA disappeared. They had normal sex, and then the guy reappeared in his armor. It wasn't placed to the side, he didn't exit the armor at all, it just went POOF!

What is different in the code between 4, 5 & this one?

Script Main.psc

line 290

while idx < 3 (?4)

Using the array length would probably be better still.  Good catch though.

if Game.IsPluginInstalled("VIO_Strap-On.esp")
                int[] ids = new int[4]

ids[0] = 0x01000F9F
                ids[1] = 0x01000FA0
                ids[2] = 0x0100173B
                ids[3] = 0x01002E0A

int id
                int idx = 0
                while idx < ids.length
                        id = ids[idx]
                        f = Game.GetFormFromFile(id, "VIO_Strap-On.esp") as armor
                        if f == none
                                debug.trace("4play: strapon "+id+" not loaded from VIO_Strap-On.esp")
                        else
                                strapon_list.add(f as armor)
                        endif
                        idx += 1
                endwhile
        endif

As I stated, in my beta testing, there was a one time even where the armor just completely disappeared, the 2 people had sex (with perfect alignment, no less!) & the guy magically popped back in his armor.

This was WITHOUT enabling it, BTW.........!! But it would only happen once. If I tried afterwards, I'd just get a nag message, telling me I was in power armor.

Oddly enough, that happened in testing too. I thought it must have been displaced backwards through the wall of the room, but maybe not. I don't know what's happening in which case.

What about PA race to Human race? & then back again?

No........The PA disappeared. They had normal sex, and then the guy reappeared in his armor. It wasn't placed to the side, he didn't exit the armor at all, it just went POOF!

Yeah, yeah. I was responding to Claysson2's comment.

What is different in the code between 4, 5 & this one?

Regarding PA, not much. I fixed a typo where it was trying to shed a0's armor in place of a1, and moved the de-canning code up above the race check.

I gotta say, with v8.2, Dance is coming in & out of his armor pretty realistically.......Just not for sex, but to walk around the police station.

I'm gonna go kill Kellog, which will trigger the Prydwyn showing up. Then we'll get to really see how the calls function! (Or not.......)

Good work so far! *thumbs up* Just a PSA to everyone: read ALL the text thoroughly in the description. I wasted an hour of troubleshooting to find out that f4se didn't install required actor.pex file, so Four Play was reading from nothing (as mentioned in the description). Now it works just fine :)

Installed 4play
Dragged crazy animation inside fallout (manual install)
Teleported to test room, reload animations

Still, npcs get naked but the red light starts immediately
I'm missing something and can't figure out what