Individual Isolationism In the 21st Century

I was fairly social until my bout with depression in 2012/2013 caused my social anxiety to get out of control. I would get together with friends a few times a month to play tabletop rpg's or just get together and have dinner or other things like that. By 2014 my contact with other people dwindled down to a few family get dinners and such during holidays or when my Dad was in town visiting from Florida. Other than doctor's visits the only things I do away from the house is drive my wife to work and pick her up (she is doing this herself more often now) or go grocery shopping and with that I go when there is hardly anyone there and listen to music with headphones to help keep calm. I have my shopping down to the point that I can be done in 30 minutes since I know where everything I want is. I have at times gone to different isles to go around someone instead of asking if they could let me through.