Four-Play WIP Discussion (was SexTec)

DocClox

So there is already an offset on Y(?) axis and maybe rotations.

I think easiest way to find out would be to just override one of the animations and see what happens.

Sounds sensible. How do I do that?

You don´t need to do anything, i´m going to take a look at that.

Two party animation works! Actual penetration taking place! Admittedly she ddin't bother getting undressed now I can see her, and the controls still stay locked, but it's moving in the right direction.

Sounds promising.

Edit:

Offsets are 70/140 on Y-axis for front01/front02 node, rotation is 0

Well, nothing's set in stone at the moment, and currently I'm still trying to work out how some of this stuff works. Certainly I'm not sure of the pros and cons of the approach yet.

If it works the same as Skyrim, you should be able to put multiple actors on one static. Line them up. Then let the animations handle positioning from there.

I was hoping for more of an OSA style mod and less of the Osex mod.

Well, you're going to get the mod I know how to make :)

Amazing to see the quick progress being made here! heart.gif

Just out of curiosity, does the project have an animator making more animations?

Btw. FourPlay is a much cooler name than SexTec. biggrin.png

Really, most of the hard work was done already.

I'm not sure what we have in terms of animators at the moment. Like I say, I only really signed up to do a quick and dirty conversion on Crazy's work.  I've no doubt things will come clear in due course.

I'm tempted to keep Four-Play as well ... if only because renaming everything will be a right pain :)

sAEpYiV.jpg

It's a start, anyway smile.png

But.. but.. the image is broken. sad.png

It's imgur. They block image requests from LL for some reason. I just spoof the referrer in the header.

wow, hype. Thanks Doc! I thought it would be ages since I would see a modder taking this kind of work foward, don't think F4SE will come soon and it will probably be always on hold compared to SKSE64. So thank you thank you.

He's not a modder, he's a programmer. I'm a modder.

GO DOC!

:D  :lol:

Actually he is a modder (and a programmer). People who use mods and don't create them are called "users". ;)

Um, no........

Typically, programmers write code. Animators make moving 3D objects. Modders put them together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeF07Fq01Zw

I made the objects *AND* put them together......

:)

Really, most of the hard work was done already.

Do you already got multiple stage performances working ? :P

Well, believe it or not, there's already a prostitution mod out there, and it shouldn't be too difficult to port it over to our project.

:D

wow, hype. Thanks Doc! I thought it would be ages since I would see a modder taking this kind of work foward, don't think F4SE will come soon and it will probably be always on hold compared to SKSE64. So thank you thank you.

He's not a modder, he's a programmer. I'm a modder.

GO DOC!

:D  :lol:

Actually he is a modder (and a programmer). People who use mods and don't create them are called "users". ;)

Um, no........

Typically, programmers write code. Animators make moving 3D objects. Modders put them together.

-

I made the objects *AND* put them together......

Well, believe it or not, there's already a prostitution mod out there, and it shouldn't be too difficult to port it over to our project.

:D

Close. modder (hence the er) are people who modify something. E.G. Modifying a file by renaming a file name still makes you a modder. Good or bad one, doesn't matter.

Programmer, Coders, Developer are someone who writes scripts or computer software, reverse engineers, and so forward (Toomuch to explain so I wont).

Someone who uses mods are titled supporters, contributer, user, etc.

Source. Research and retired coder.

Ps. Animator one is on point. It's right and it's wrong at the same time.

I'm not sure what we have in terms of animators at the moment. Like I say, I only really signed up to do a quick and dirty conversion on Crazy's work.  I've no doubt things will come clear in due course.

I'm tempted to keep Four-Play as well ... if only because renaming everything will be a right pain :)

Another vote for Four-Play, but SexTec is alright too.

Great progress. Thank you again for taking this on. :)

Are Crazy's animations currently only consensual? I don't mind making some agressive animations if that helps. 

Do you already got multiple stage performances working ? :P

That's still to do. Can't be that hard though. (Looks around nervously...

I had a quick play with Josh's AP mod. Crazy's seems to work better. I don't think F4AP uses multi-stage animations either though.

Are Crazy's animations currently only consensual? I don't mind making some agressive animations if that helps.

I think so. There's a couple of them that could probably be used either way, depending on context and expressions.

I'd be delighted to have some n/c animations to play with. Just bear in mind that things are still a little bit in flux at the moment. Largely to be still not quite knowing what I'm doing :)

I've learned that the sexlab use mount animation so 2 actors can act in the same pace.

Does it? I don't remember that. Mind, I've not been deep into the Sexlab code since the last time I worked on QAYL, so things may have changed.

Would FO4 animation makers do that too?

I suppose if the skeleton supports the node, there's no reason why it shouldn't be done. That said, let me get up to speed with what we have, first.

There's also (I seem to recall) a papyrus function to launch paired animations so they start at the same time, which might be a safe solution to the same problem.

I'm a bit stuck at the moment:

The problem is that something seems to be eating all player input. I can't mouse around to change viewpoint on the scene; I can go into the console and enable free camera, but when I leave the console the camera still won't move; and when the animation ends, I'm still locked out.

It's not the InputEnableLayer, because I've commented out the code where that gets created. So if it is an InputEnableLayer, it isn't mine ... and I can't think what else it could be applying one. Crazy's mod doesn't have this problem, so it's something I've changed. It's probably a side effect of one of the various small Utility.Waits I've removed or the calls I've re-ordered to put like with like.

Anyway, I can probably find this by commenting out more and more code until the problem goes away, so it's not a big deal, but if anyone's had a similar problem, any hints would be welcome.

Other than that: I'm doing a little work on the test cell. Usually with my mods, I set up a QASmoke style test range and this one is no different. Currently it's got a clone of Deb from Bunker Hill (because why not?) and a button to launch a player/deb animation. What I'm going to do is expand it a little so there's rooms with Player/F and M/Player setups, one for NPC/NPC animations and maybe a couple to test specific idles, expressions, and that sort of thing. If I get a new test case, I'll add a new room. (Usually I just use a stone slab floating in the void, but the visual effects of said void are incredibly annoying in Fo4). You need to coc in there, but there's a button to teleport you back to Sanctuary Hills.

Anyway, each room will have a terminal explaining the test and in some cases a menu to control which animation runs. I get that done and if I can solve the control issue, I'll make a test release and folks can have a play.

Ok Doc.......I got a bugg.

Crazy's will only strip basic clothing & armor......Body slot. Things like bikini tops & arm bands will not strip.

We'll need to be able to strip other clothing & armor slots.......Skyrim's slots go up to 61, so that's a good limit.

Looks for 0-61 and ignores any slots that don't exist or armor/clothing that isn't there.

Crazy's will only strip basic clothing & armor......Body slot. Things like bikini tops & arm bands will not strip.

That's on the player, I take it? Npcs get slapped with an all-slot nude suit, so they should be OK.

Player slots do need looking at. Personally, I've been happy of my test guy keeps his hat, pipboy and glasses on, but I know that's not going to work for everyone.

The problem is that something seems to be eating all player input. I can't mouse around to change viewpoint on the scene; I can go into the console and enable free camera, but when I leave the console the camera still won't move; and when the animation ends, I'm still locked out.

Is it really every player input, or just the Camera ?

There are some issues when using the F4 animation kit scenes as a template for new animations regarding the Camera.

While in Idle´s everything looks fine you have issues when its used by furniture.

It could happen that the way used to fix the camera for funiture animations is causing issues when using the animations as idles.

... aaaand, I've just found out why so many people complain so vigorously about the F4CK crashing all the time...

I'd forgotten how much fun this could be.

Is it really every player input, or just the Camera ?

There are some issues when using the F4 animation kit scenes as a template for new animations regarding the Camera.

While in Idle´s everything looks fine you have issues when its used by furniture.

Well, can't move - not in the animation, nor after it ends. Can't move the camera. Can't change POV ... in fact about the only things I can do are open the journal and type into the console.

Most of which would be consistent with being locked out by an enable layer - except I commented that code out and it still happened.

I wonder if it wasn't compiling to the right place, or something like that. But then the Enable layer flags specifically allowed camera control - so that can't be the whole story.

It could happen that the way used to fix the camera for funiture animations is causing issues when using the animations as idles.

Well ... crazy's gun worked for non-furniture idles. Which isn't to say I've not messed something up of course.

I'll get there. Probably after re-doing the last hour's work ... sad.png

[edit]

Not so bad. Half of what I did is still there anyway.

That's on the player, I take it? Npcs get slapped with an all-slot nude suit, so they should be OK.

Player slots do need looking at. Personally, I've been happy of my test guy keeps his hat, pipboy and glasses on, but I know that's not going to work for everyone.

Actually, just the opposite. The player is fine (I'm playing a male, so....), it';s the follower that refuses to remove her bra.

???

Moving is blocked by default when playing an idle, i´m not sure but i think even the "allow movement" option in the Idle window in CK wasn´t changing that.

So basically your InputEnableLayer just needs to handle Combat, PipBoy and i think Sneaking.

But that doesn´t  explain why it is blocked even after the animation finished... or the camera stuff...

Would be cool if you had like a stream of some sorts so we could see the awesome work live..ish. And get help quite fast, hopefully. I don't know maybe it's just me. Also it'd be quite interesting to see and learn a thing or two :P anyway good luck and keep being awesome :)

Moving is blocked by default when playing an idle, i´m not sure but i think even the "allow movement" option in the Idle window in CK wasn´t changing that.

So basically your InputEnableLayer just needs to handle Combat, PipBoy and i think Sneaking.

But that doesn´t  explain why it is blocked even after the animation finished... or the camera stuff...

Well, that's a good list to work from. Currently the script tried to disable more than that... but this happens even with the disable code commented out so ...

Back to commenting stuff out until the problem goes away. And then working out what to add back in, one bit at a time until it all works.

Good luck to you I have been following and I can see so far with the new GECK things have been difficult to get a " adult" game with animations going.

Thanks. If fact ... thanks to everyone who's wished me well in this project. I like to say "thanks" to everyone but ... time is limited, and we'd probably all prefer I spent it coding. So thanks everyone! I'll do my best smile.png

Would be cool if you had like a stream of some sorts so we could see the awesome work live..ish. And get help quite fast, hopefully. I don't know maybe it's just me. Also it'd be quite interesting to see and learn a thing or two tongue.png anyway good luck and keep being awesome smile.png

Showing my age here, but I'm not sure I'd know how to set up a stream in the first place.

Archived