StarCraft Remastered

Darkening Demise

The only thing this does for me is teaching me a lession about nostalgia. There are other games that I played to death back in the day and a few years ago I would have claimed that they somehow preserved their magic and that gameplay trumps graphics and everyone who said that this looked old and boring and they would never touch this would have earned my full wrath.

Now the thing is, I never played SC1 back when it was the new shit. And now I'm looking at this video and all I'm seeing is an old-ass game that somewhat reminds me of Warcraft 3 and Command & Conquer and does absolutely nothing for me. In the meantime I had quite some fun with Starcraft 2.

The abbreviation some here use, SC2, means Star Control 2 to me btw. Another old-ass game that I played and have very nostalgic feelings about.

Now that game actually aged quite well imo. But not because of the graphics, they didn't age well either. But the gameplay is so unique that nothing released since then comes close.

Can't say the same about Starcraft although I heard that it's the most expertly balanced RTS game there is or some shit.

Ok, enough incoherent ramblings from me. ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived