[Idea] Vampires' Victim

emes

I made a suggestion on the SL Kidnapping thread about adding an option for the player to be abducted by vampires, but I realized that there's a lot of other potential for them, so I thought I'd toss some ideas out...

This has always bugged me: Vampires are everywhere in Skyrim, and, thanks to all the vampire mods out there, when the player is a vampire, they have a ton of fantastic powers available to them. So, why is it that the NPC vampires either sit around in caves, waiting to be killed, or attack towns like a bunch of idiots? Some of them should be powerful, intelligent, and capable of less direct methods of finding prey.

NPC vampires should be able to:
-Sneak-feed on sleeping players in unsecured locations.
-Attempt to seduce, mesmerize, etc., so that they can lead them off to a secluded corner and have a quick bite.
-Gather "cattle" so that they don't always need to leave home in order to feed.

Seems like there's a lot of potential there.

The player could run into a vampire around town at night, or perhaps be approached by one in a tavern or inn. If the PC fails to resist their powers, they could end up being fed upon or seduced.

If the player's particularly susceptible (possibly after falling prey to the above a few times, or perhaps not carrying around garlic, or other protection), the vampire might be able to lead them farther away; possibly away from civilization where other vampires are waiting to share her.

Vampire kidnapping could be interesting. Much like the Thalmor marching prisoners around, the player could come across vampires with their recent "acquisitions," and can attempt to rescue the captives. Or the player could end up the victim (perhaps with SL Defeat, or the like), leading to a slave scenario.

Being fed on repeatedly could result in the player turning into a vampire, of course, though I'd imagine not all vampires would be terribly interested in welcoming a former food source as an equal... It could result in the fledgling vampire player being tied outside somewhere, waiting for a sunrise, forced to either find a way to escape, or perhaps be rescued by someone (one of their followers? A friendlier vampire?).

Anyway, just some stuff I thought I'd throw out there. With everything else I've seen on LoversLab, I'm a little surprised I never came across anything like this.

I had a similar idea awhile back for somethings but the thread got deleted.

The one idea was to have seduction events kind of like with the game vampire masquerade - bloodlines where you could find certain people and talk to them to try to seduce them and with each correct reply to them the more drunk/intoxicated looking they got till you finally succeeded and were then able to fully seduce them and then bite them.

You could come to a skyrim city and while there decide to stay and try to take over the city an make it your own. Maybe have missions or find items that will be used to open gate ways with people so that they like you then you can start trying to seduce them and maybe throw in a quest or 2 about fighting some rivals that are trying to horn in on your action and take people away and maybe a mission to get them back and destroy the rivals. A person could also set up the city how they want it before starting like who do you want to be populating the city like male only female only or a mixture of male and female.

The one idea was to have seduction events kind of like with the game vampire masquerade - bloodlines where you could find certain people and talk to them to try to seduce them and with each correct reply to them the more drunk/intoxicated looking they got till you finally succeeded and were then able to fully seduce them and then bite them.

Well, my suggestion here was more along the lines of the vampire NPCs doing this to the player's character, rather than the other way around.

Again, there are so many different variations on vampire powers out there for the player, but we don't really see the NPCs seducing women. Or, really, doing much of anything other than attacking people on sight.

I think vampires aren't well handled in Skyrim mechanically and we only see a couple accurate representations.

The vampire attacks on the towns during Dawnguard are probably more of a game/quest thing and not actually how stupid they are. Sybelle and Alva seem quite well adjusted and able to blend in while following the "sleep during the day, avoid sunlight" rules. The vampires you are sent to kill by the Dawnguard as radiant quests also are supposedly blending in unnoticed. Harkon and his court and the Redwater den vampires do have cattle. The others in caves and such are probably closer to feral either from the disease breaking down their minds or lack of a steady blood supply doing similar. Out in the wild they would have fewer chances to capture and kill or kidnap people and they're likely not going to have gardens to keep their cattle alive for too long. I don't know if steady blood would heal them over time or not and whether building an army of lesser vampires would be possible.

It is odd that Movarth is off in his cave and Alva is the only one in town, but a scenario like that would be fun to play as a player.

Defeat Alternative does have a vampire option if you are fighting them and trigger Defeat. You can hang around, feeding the vampires, try to flee, ask to be turned or wait until the Dawnguard raid the place and free you.

There are plenty of vampire scenarios in Kidnapped, although admittedly they are not really treated any differently from other kidnappers like bandits etc.

Might have some vampire content in Dovahkiin's Infamy. 

I made a suggestion on the SL Kidnapping thread about adding an option for the player to be abducted by vampires, but I realized that there's a lot of other potential for them, so I thought I'd toss some ideas out...

This has always bugged me: Vampires are everywhere in Skyrim, and, thanks to all the vampire mods out there, when the player is a vampire, they have a ton of fantastic powers available to them. So, why is it that the NPC vampires either sit around in caves, waiting to be killed, or attack towns like a bunch of idiots? Some of them should be powerful, intelligent, and capable of less direct methods of finding prey.

NPC vampires should be able to:

-Sneak-feed on sleeping players in unsecured locations.

-Attempt to seduce, mesmerize, etc., so that they can lead them off to a secluded corner and have a quick bite.

-Gather "cattle" so that they don't always need to leave home in order to feed.

Seems like there's a lot of potential there.

The player could run into a vampire around town at night, or perhaps be approached by one in a tavern or inn. If the PC fails to resist their powers, they could end up being fed upon or seduced.

If the player's particularly susceptible (possibly after falling prey to the above a few times, or perhaps not carrying around garlic, or other protection), the vampire might be able to lead them farther away; possibly away from civilization where other vampires are waiting to share her.

Vampire kidnapping could be interesting. Much like the Thalmor marching prisoners around, the player could come across vampires with their recent "acquisitions," and can attempt to rescue the captives. Or the player could end up the victim (perhaps with SL Defeat, or the like), leading to a slave scenario.

Being fed on repeatedly could result in the player turning into a vampire, of course, though I'd imagine not all vampires would be terribly interested in welcoming a former food source as an equal... It could result in the fledgling vampire player being tied outside somewhere, waiting for a sunrise, forced to either find a way to escape, or perhaps be rescued by someone (one of their followers? A friendlier vampire?).

Anyway, just some stuff I thought I'd throw out there. With everything else I've seen on LoversLab, I'm a little surprised I never came across anything like this.

These are really good ideas about vampires. It was always annoying that you did'nt really bump into vampire during the night apart from the stupid lone vampire attacks city thing as if any being that has lived for 100s of years would be stupid enough to do that. The NPC been able to mesmerize or seduce your character would make them much more dangerous. Also the fact that you could have the play and their companion end up becoming addicted to been fed on by vampires after while and actually vist the same one night after night each time becoming more of a slave to it.

Or if you are fighting vampire and your companion gets fed upon they may end up becoming a thrall to a vampire and in turn attempt to lure you to a to a spot where the vampire and friend will attack and feed on you and your companion.

Or if you are fighting vampire and your companion gets fed upon they may end up becoming a thrall to a vampire and in turn attempt to lure you to a to a spot where the vampire and friend will attack and feed on you and your companion.

I'd like to see the vampires do similar things to members of the Dawnguard; Some unlucky vampire-hunters have ended up as thralls, and end up taking you somewhere to kill a vampire, only to discover you've been led into an ambush.

Or, turn it around, and have the player as the thrall, luring in the victims on behalf of the vampires. There'd need to be some way of them enforcing their will over the player, though...some negative effects for resisting).

The nearest mod ive seen to this kind of thing is Mthralling which you can find on the nexus. Its unfinished sadly but there's quite a bit of content and you can be a vampire thrall and even get turned into a cow, and i dont mean the Moo variety.  :D

Archived