Custom pine tree with bones rig import with havok tools

dovapix

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but feel free to move it to the appropriate forum section if need be.

First i would like to specify that i did my fare share of reading regarding importing animations in Skyrim from 3ds max and that i also had to hunt down a few hard to find tools like havok content tools and SDK for 3ds max 2010.

So far all the information i was able to find was always about character animations and not about something like a tree even if it also use a bones rig i am not certain the same workflow is required to bring it in Skyrim.

My tree is completely done and rig with bones and i don't know if Skyrim has a hard coded bones limit and i also have no idea about how to use the havok tools to get it in.

I am no noob in modding and i am a experienced 3D artist so you can go ahead and talk the talk since i am used to it.

The goal is to simply have a new custom pine tree with an animation cycle looping over 300 frames to display correctly with animation in Skyrim so any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated from fellow modders.

Regards Pete

Never mind i figured it out and the result are amazing! The tutorial on the other forum was not explaining how to correctly setup your bones rig for the branches and the tutorial was not very clear on many aspects.

I did a completely new tree and a new bones rig of roughly 72 bones and i was able to make the tip of the trees to gently sway with the wind by setting up partial bones assigned to branch flexibility CK control node.

The good new is that it is very quick to setup in Nifskope since 5 min were required to setup each new tree with bones and skinning, once i am done with my mod i will upload a video tutorial of the complete procedure and i can see a lot of people finally bringing trees variety in Skyrim.

Regards Pete

Archived