How to fix this sim's custom skin with wrong nipple placement?

This is a very well made Emma Watson sim:

http://gramssims.blogspot.com.br/2017/03/emma-watson-sim-download.html

Unfortunately it uses a custom skin package that is not compatible with Gecko or Cmar's nude top so the nipple placement is just a bit off the center.  If I replace its custom skin with another then the sim loses her custom look.

I know nothing about textures, is there anyway to get this fixed?

I don’t know about that specific skin you’re linking but any other skin can be editable using photoshop, gimp or any other program with .dds support.

You can extract the skin file directly with s3pe or using Cmar’s skininator, normally you need to extract 2 files: light skin and dark skin but some creators just make one, both approaches are correct.

Regardless you’ll have to extract it and separate the nipples, clone the skin around to "fill the hole" taking care of details, colors, shading and move the nipples to the new position. Then overwrite the original image or, if you're using skininator, create a new package (just use a different name).

This image shows you where the nipples are located in the default body, that’s the same for cmar’s naked top and pretty sure is the same for Gecko’s.

post-535934-0-40244300-1421536667_thumb.png

I don’t know about that specific skin you’re linking but any other skin can be editable using photoshop, gimp or any other program with .dds support.

You can extract the skin file directly with s3pe or using Cmar’s skininator, normally you need to extract 2 files: light skin and dark skin but some creators just make one, both approaches are correct.

Regardless you’ll have to extract it and separate the nipples, clone the skin around to "fill the hole" taking care of details, colors, shading and move the nipples to the new position. Then overwrite the original image or, if you're using skininator, create a new package (just use a different name).

This image shows you where the nipples are located in the default body, that’s the same for cmar’s naked top and pretty sure is the same for Gecko’s.

Thank you for the reply.  I notice skinnator has separate options for face and head?  Can I use it to replace only the body skin with default and keep just the custom face?  How do I go about trying that?

This would be much easier than doing the actual skin modification in Gimp which I am afraid to try.  It is also preferable anyway as the body of this sim does not look good at all.

I've seen other custom Sims with their own face package but I am still able to change their skins in CAS without altering the face.  How are those "faces" different from a custom sim with its own "skin" package?

Thanks again.

I was able to replace the non-compatible body textures (.dds files) with a compatible set using s3pe and keep the original face textures.  The nipples now are in the right place but the skin tone is very different.  The sim's author said the base is one of Kurasoberina's so I tried all her skins but none match the face's tone even using slider.

The sim has a fixed color tone (the slider is no use).  How can I copy just the tone to a compatible body skin?

I was able to replace the non-compatible body textures (.dds files) with a compatible set using s3pe and keep the original face textures.  The nipples now are in the right place but the skin tone is very different.  The sim's author said the base is one of Kurasoberina's so I tried all her skins but none match the face's tone even using slider.

The sim has a fixed color tone (the slider is no use).  How can I copy just the tone to a compatible body skin?

In photoshop you can do this, open both face and the body texture you want to use. Select the body texture and go to Image/Adjustments/Match Color:

post-535934-0-83724000-1490847129_thumb.png

A new window will appear with lots of options, just go to “Source” down below and in the drop down menu select the face texture, photoshop will show you a preview and you can modify the result with the sliders above, once you’re happy with the results hit “OK” and save as .dds

post-535934-0-60326100-1490847134_thumb.png

There’s a chance a faint line will remain on the head-neck seam.

NOTE: If you can’t open the textures that means you need to download and install a .dds pluging first, you can choose the nvidia texture tool (for photoshop cs6 and below) or intel texture works (for cs6 and above).

In photoshop you can do this, open both face and the body texture you want to use. Select the body texture and go to Image/Adjustments/Match Color:

attachicon.gifps_match_color1.png

A new window will appear with lots of options, just go to “Source” down below and in the drop down menu select the face texture, photoshop will show you a preview and you can modify the result with the sliders above, once you’re happy with the results hit “OK” and save as .dds

attachicon.gifps_match_color2.png

NOTE: If you can’t open the textures that means you need to download and install a .dds pluging first, you can choose the nvidia texture tool (for photoshop cs6 and below) or intel texture works (for cs6 and above).

I fix it!  Thank you so much.

PS: Why is the file size so much smaller after I changed it?   Everything looks fine I am just curious.  The plug-in is Intel Texture Works with everything in default.

attachicon.gifps_match_color1.png

attachicon.gifps_match_color2.png

I fix it!  Thank you so much.

PS: Why is the file size so much smaller after I changed it?   Everything looks fine I am just curious.  The plug-in is Intel Texture Works with everything in default.

Probably because you saved it as DXT1 compression and the original was using DXT5, DXT5 allows you to include an alpha layer but some skin creators use it to include more info on the image and in theory more detail at least is how I understand it tongue.png

Also, glad it worked congrats on your first mod!

Archived