Is there a reson to get level 80?

rwbyrose

Hello everyone, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this :( but...

I was wondering. Is there a reason to go beyond level 50 in skyrim besides the Ebony Warrior?

like quests, leveled rewards or modded quests and stuff that requires to be really powerfull (aparently Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge is a quest mod intended for end game characters). I feel that the game becomes way to easy when you hit 100 in your skills :/ also I dont want to do all that grinding in the skills that I dont going to use. or just should I be using console commands?

Legendary dragons I guess. Bethesda made the game way too easy and the combat system is messy. It's mostly the exploring aspect that most Skyrim players enjoy. There are a few mods that overhaul the gameplay like Requiem and um...the other overhaul plus a few other tweaks to make the game interesting.

The worst part of the game is leveling. So I purposely never level past 10

You know why?

Because bandits with amazing epic armor that they definitely shouldn't have and weapons start populating the world (and that is only a tiny part of the problem) and it turns from a fun game to a freakin retarded one that makes no sense. 

The worst part of the game is leveling. So I purposely never level past 10

You know why?

Because bandits with amazing epic armor that they definitely shouldn't have and weapons start populating the world (and that is only a tiny part of the problem) and it turns from a fun game to a freakin retarded one that makes no sense. 

Wait, huh? Maybe that was the case in Oblivion, what with the highwaymen in glass armor, but in Skyrim, only the chiefs ever get equipment worth a damn. Common bandits never go beyond scaled armor and elven weaponry, and although the chiefs do eventually get ebony weapons, their armor only gets up to steel plate in vanilla and nordic carved in Dragonborn, which is weaker than ebony armor. And being the chiefs of bandit gangs they actually have reason to get some good stuff.

Skyrim is full of flaws. Bethesda sucks at making AIs. Their leveling system sucks. Their perk system is decent but the final perk on some of them are just overkill. There's no point in acquiring them because it just takes away from the game being challenging. Then you have the loot and level list. Nothing about Skyrim feels rewarding. But you can say the same to just about their other games. Why bother crafting elven armor or glass armor when you will have it eventually? Same goes for weapons. Everything about this game requires mods to fix it. From AIs to the loot system. And the craft system sucks as is. Daedric gear is the only gear that requires actual effort to craft since a daedric heart isn't easy to come by.. And you can't just craft it at any forge. And even when you upgrade the armor and weapons, it's just over kill. I don't even bother with that. It seems more useful if you set the game to master or legendary. But their difficult settings are weak like most other games that follow the same tradition. Enemies always bullet sponges. If they learned to develop better AIs, enemies wouldn't need to have a crap ton of health points. it would actually require skills to kill a tough enemy, not wacking it a gazillion times with your weapon till it dies.

I agree with most of what has been said so far, especially the negative comments about Bethesda. I would add that anyone who is still playing vanilla, unmodded Skyrim in this day and age should either seek professional help or give up gaming and take up train-spotting or similar.

There are countless mods out there to increase the difficulty level of any and every aspect of the game plus you can adapt your playing-style to make things less easy - don't use followers, potions, shouts etc.

That said, I still sometimes find things getting too easy in the latter stages of a game. Once I get to about level 60 or so I am usually thinking about my next game anyway so I start uninstalling mods and installing new mods to try. If it breaks the game it's not a big deal, or I can rollback, but I feel it is better to test a new mod on a game with a PC who has a zillion items in the inventory, dozens of spells, countless skills, perks, effects, etc rather than a brand new PC and game.

In short: mods are the key.

First of all thanks for replying :). Well I didn't ask to be lecture about how bad betheseda makes games, we already know that XD, in 5 years I never tried to go beyond level 50 because I didn't like to make a character that have 100 level skill in all their skills. Right know I am playing as a mage an it is a little weird when the guards tell me "Hands to yourself, sneak thief" I am like WTF my sneak is only 57 hehe. anyway I tought that I could use mastery to reset my skills to 15 and then use adv skill in order to finally get level 80 (because I have never fought the ebony warrior nor Karstag). I am trying to play a relly mage centric playstyle and I been playing around with some mods and I have planed install some other when I hit level 80, the thing is that I dont want to miss something from the vanilla content like a mission from the curier or something that was intended for high level characters thats all.

Some of the mods that I am using rigth know and that I going to use later ther playtrough are:

Path of Sorcery - Magic Perk Overhaul
Konahrik's Accoutrements
Immersive College of Winterhold
Forgotten Magic Redone
Spell Crafting for Skyrim
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
Colorful Magic* (this one later because it makes apper new bosses :P)
Worlds Dawn - Enchanted loot and RPG attributes in Skyrim
Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim
Dawnguard Arsenal
Coldharbour Resummoned
The Forgotten City
Sands of Time - Deadly Random Encounters
Ultimate Combat
Diverse Dragon Collection
OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package
Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge (same as colorful magic)
Inferno - Envoys of End
Undeath
Helgen Reborn (always :))
Moon and Star
Legacy of the Dragonborn
VIGILANT
And some more like armor, robes, weapons, graphical mods, some lewds :), some animations and stuff like that

As for my playstyle I use a staff and a spell or 2 diferent spells (dont use dual spells), dont have followers because they are anoying XD but I do use conjuration a lot, only robes because mages don't need armor XD, alchemy only for make money and enchanting to get my pretty robes to be funtional and I use magic for everthing else from opening chests to charm people. I just dont want to jump directly from 52 (my level) to 80 and get a world populated over the top enemies that killed someone important or miss something from the vanilla content, it happen before to me in oblivion :P. But if only the ebony warrior is left then I gueass that I will just use console commands :)

There is a reason to do just about anything.   The truth lies in what you want for yourself.

You would miss content regardless of what you do...   it is what YOU PERSONALLY want out of the game that matters.

If you play the game 10 times to level 80.. you may have never noticed that there are ants on a tree stump.  Or what it is like to fight a dragon with a mining pick.

The best advice I can give you... do what you find to be enjoyable.. until it is no longer fun.  Then stop and either change something.. or move on to something else.

rwbyrose,

The only mod from your list that I use is OBIS. :)

I've never played the vanilla game - never defeated Miraak; never defeated the vampires; never joined the Thieves Guild; never joined the Companions; never done the Civil War; did once destroy the Dark Brotherhood (in about 30 seconds). I rely on mods to give me interesting things to do.

I do what Lodakai says above, i.e. what I find enjoyable.

My current character is level 85 and can take on 10 OBIS bandits (mix of mages, archers, tanks all with good gear) but she has to be on her toes - no one-shotting here. I could crank up the number of bandits but fighting isn't a huge part of my game.

Another pair of mods you could look into is Timing is Everything and SkyTweak.

Timing lets you change when certain quests can start and you could have the Ebony Warrior show up at level 1 if you want. Doesn't make him any easier. One of the issues with the Bethesda AI is they don't have higher leveled enemies in the leveled lists past 50 I think. The overhauls try to help with this, and other mods also add higher level bosses but that doesn't tend to make them any smarter.

SkyTweak is a very powerful game changer. You can tweak how fast skills increase, how fast you level and make it harder to gain skills but increase your leveling skill. You could be 200 and not have anything over 50 if you wanted. Increase the health bonus NPCs have, increase the level bracket in the leveled list (make all wolf encounters be ice wolves, all dragons be legendary at level 1, etc) and a lot of other things.

Archived