After 9 attempts... I give up [Clothing Converter]

Dojo_dude

So, after trying many different lattices, many different base bodies, and many different node and vertex settings... I just can't convert the outfits in this mod: www.[dot]nexusmods[dot]com/newvegas/mods/41175/?

I want to convert the female costumes to T6M, T6BB and possible whatever anyone else wants. The problem is all of my conversions come out with crappy edges or distortions. I've re-read the tutorial for the clothing converter... I must be missing something! argh!

If anyone would try there luck, that'd be appreciated. It kinda blows my mind how for SO, there's so many well converted bodies for T3Cali and BNB.

And all I can manage is a few good conversions, which after this thread I think I'll bundle the ".nifs" and post them here for those who want T6M, T6BB conversions of some outfits that are missing those body types.

You can post it like this you don't have filter dodge when posting a link on LL. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41175/?

The body in the armor has been beat the hell out of by the author which is probably the reason for the distortions. The boobs have been smooshed to fit the neck area has stretched jagged neck seam. The arms have been shrunk down the the size of noodles as well as having stretching at the wrists the butt is flat in spots and last but not least the author has hacked up the UV map for the body. Scanning using the UV map option will cause mesh problems as both do not have matching UV maps.

post-25667-0-59567000-1490743871_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-63644500-1490743881_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-00710900-1490743891_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-27182000-1490743901_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-39367100-1490743908_thumb.png

What you would have to do is find out what body mesh that body use to be and download it and use that body as the template body and see if that will work because you can't use the one inside the outfit as the author messed the body and UV map which will cause problems. So just find what body was used use it as the template for the from body and select whatever body you want to convert it to and run the scan using the UV map option once done with that run the clothing converter select your files and run it and the outfit might come out better.

Here's what I managed, the base body of the outfit, looks like its Berry C Cup HD "heels", I only have the flat version to make a lattice with.

What I did was transfer all the clothing from the old body, to the new BnB enabled Berry Body

Here's some other outfits I meant to put up in a compilation, so disease, virus or stroke doesn't kill me first! >.<

You might have to mess around with the texture paths as I often make my own re-textures, be nice to share those too!

All outfits should be BnB compatible.

Name -Base *TO* Converted

Jill Skirt -T3 * T6M

ZeroSuit0Skin_JB -T3 * T6M

ZeroSuit0Skin2_JB -T3 * T6M

LNC StealthSuit BG -T3 * T3BG [the heels are a bit messed, still playing around with the settings]

MantisZeroSuit07 -T3 * T3BG [with BnB!]

Gantz Suit Female -T3 * T3BG [the author made such a great body mod with T3BB!]

BERRY_FlatsCCup marvel.nif

JILL SKIRT.nif

ZeroSuit0Skin_JB.nif

ZeroSuit0Skin2_JB.nif

LNC StealthSuit BG.nif

MantisZeroSuit07.nif

It's not cali boobs are too small nor is it the berry versions or slim version the actual body used is actually the type 3M body. Easy way to tell a body type usually is by pasting a body into the armor outfit nif on top of the existing body to see if they match. Look at nipple areas to see if they match if you can.

As you can see from this screenshot the boobs and nipples match except for the areas where the boobs were altered. The leg area matches somewhat the upper body is off a bit but a lot of that could be from them making the body fit. There might still be deformities in some areas  like the breast area as the breasts for the body don't match the breast form for the outfit. The tpye 3m body actually fits pretty well under the outfit there is some clipping in areas.

post-25667-0-03006900-1490748350_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-47251300-1490748885_thumb.png

Just use the clothing converter use the type 3m body as your from body and whatever body you want for the to body. Make sure to use the UV map search option when doing it. After you ran the make a lattice then run the clothing converter and select the files you saved and use the msmarvelsuit as the target file.

There might still be deformities as the body under that outfit doesn't match the boob form the outfit has.

• 1 year later...

Archived